Duo question cabby or necro?

Started 24 Aug 2018
by Quik
in Albion
So my wife is going to play a Enhance Cleric and I am either going to play a Matter Cabby or Servant Necro. I have more experience as a Cabby but kind of leaning to Necro.

Anyone with experience with both able to answer a few questions?

1) For lvling as a duo from 1-50 which is a bit easier? My wife has zero DAoC experience and will be learning as we go. I personally have never played a Servant Necro.

2) For farming feathers which duo would be better?

3) I know how to set up a group for focus pulls with cabby...for servant necro would we be better off staying a duo or should we try to get more people to join for leveling from 1-50? What would be an optimal group set up?

4) If I go necro I have a general idea of what I should do. Is it something like dmg shield and pull with AoE debuff and when all mobs are close QC PBAoE 2-3 times? Is there more to it?

5) For RvR, I know necro's aren't common, but what is the best spec for them for RvR?
Fri 24 Aug 2018 8:54 AM by Xarados94
Quik wrote: So my wife is going to play a Enhance Cleric and I am either going to play a Matter Cabby or Servant Necro. I have more experience as a Cabby but kind of leaning to Necro.

Anyone with experience with both able to answer a few questions?

1) For lvling as a duo from 1-50 which is a bit easier? My wife has zero DAoC experience and will be learning as we go. I personally have never played a Servant Necro.

both are awesome PvE chars, but personally i would recommend (if your wife is absolutey new to a healing class in a MMORPG) go for death sight necro + cleric it will be easier for your wife killing one by one mob instead of focus pulling with matter cab or death servant nec.

2) For farming feathers which duo would be better?

both are fine but i would here also give death sight nec a little higher rate, temped and full buffed he is just a BEAST.

3) I know how to set up a group for focus pulls with cabby...for servant necro would we be better off staying a duo or should we try to get more people to join for leveling from 1-50? What would be an optimal group set up?

the most xp groups just invite necro for mana battery so also sight specc.

4) If I go necro I have a general idea of what I should do. Is it something like dmg shield and pull with AoE debuff and when all mobs are close QC PBAoE 2-3 times? Is there more to it?

exactly, hot + dmg add, pull with aoe debuff - first PBAoE before the mobs arrives you - QC and 3 PbAoE more should be fine

5) For RvR, I know necro's aren't common, but what is the best spec for them for RvR?

Painworking is a joke so i also would run same as PvE
48 Deathsight
24 Death Servant
6 Painworking
Fri 24 Aug 2018 10:43 AM by relvinian
I'm leveling a pain necro right now.

It's not that funny.
Fri 24 Aug 2018 10:57 AM by rAYMON
Leveling Pain makes no sense.
RVR : Depends on Group Setup(you may not find any group )
Sight for AF Debuff(seems strong on phoenix in pve).Nukedamage is Crap cause only base 179 delve and buffed Resists.Without Resistpiere of later patches..gimped..back in the Days The Dot of Pain Line has ruppted with every Tick!(intended) i dont know if its real here.
Necro isnt viable without MASSIVE patch love.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics