Another Friar questions

Started 26 Jul 2018
by Vaynard
in Albion
I know friars staff proc got nerfed and friars aren't the most desirable group class at the moment. Most builds online (from classic or live) are staff/enhance friars.

My question is, is there a decent build for more of a support based friar that is actually viable in RvR groups, 8 mans mainly, again I know friar isn't first choice for most groups but I don't really want to lvl my friar and be spamming lfg and never getting action because of a useless character.
Thu 26 Jul 2018 2:09 PM by heardstheword
Mending isn't really worth it for friars. It has a major heal and a group HoT. Clerics excel far better at healing than a friar since they have instaheals and spreadheal.

Enhance is nice because it has the resists buffs for groups. Staff is nice for peeling, so you can stay behind and protect the healers while assist healing. The side stun for friar is a 3 chain, which isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing.
Thu 26 Jul 2018 2:48 PM by Magesty
If you're playing a Friar and are planning to stand around spamming LFG for 8v8 you are going to be doing a lot of standing and a lot of spamming.

Friars are a strong solo class. If you want to play one you should plan to at least be out there solo while looking for a group or else you are in for a pretty boring time.

As far as spec goes you really don't have much of a choice, unfortunately. You can do 39 or 44 staff, but enhance has to be high and rejuv has to be at least 7. If you were hoping to fill more of a support role I'd suggest looking for a guild that is accepting of that or hope the zerg population here is healthy.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics