No stealth mercinfil

Started 16 Mar 2021
by OMGLuXian
in Albion
Hey all,

I use to play wierd not meta builds and just try different stuffs so i'm reading a few posts about mercinfi specs but none consider dropping stealth.

I never played an infi so i have no idea about the usual styles / combos, but what i want to try is a nonstealth 8/small group rvr spec.

So here are some question:
Would that spec make that class a nerfed merc or is it somehow viable?
Should i consider also dropping CS since i wouldn't play stealth or are there chances to use stealth styles / other styles from CS that makes the investment worth?
Is it useless ro raise envenom over comp 52?

Thank you for your answers, all opinions are welcome!
Wed 17 Mar 2021 3:41 PM by Magesty
There is a very good reason no one tries to drop stealth. Without it you'll be suffering from most of the same downsides as a merc without any of the perks. If you don't have a set group of players to play with I'm doubtful it will be very easy to find groups that will take you. It seems even PUGs that play like zombies have high standards these days when it comes to adhering to some sort of a meta.

You have enough spec points as an assassin that you can achieve a mercfiltrator spec just by dropping CS, but honestly, you should probably just play a Merc if you want to group.

I'm a big fan of off-meta being viable, but in this particular case it will just result in headaches for you and those you group with. You will be very easily killed or CC'd compared to other options in the same role. After stealth, a lot of an assassin's power comes during 1v1 combat when, among other things, they can take advantage of their high natural evade and ability to debuff a single opponent's offense. This is basically thrown out the window if you try to play in a group setting as a melee dps.

If you really want to try it, more power to you, but it is best to set your expectations very low. Unfortunately, you will probably still wind up being disappointed.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 6:37 PM by OMGLuXian
Thank you for your answer, seems like the experiment is just not worth the time

Now i will have to work on a nice Crush/Thrust merc spec for the weekend event
Mon 22 Mar 2021 4:21 PM by Svperstar
I haven't played on PHX in forever but I was very active on Uthgard 1 on my Inf. I did autotrain stealth so I did all the of the BG with 1+autotrain stealth up till I hit 49 all my points dumped into thrust+dual weild.

Mercfil spec for sure gives you sustain damage but other stealthers could see me from the CK walls even tho I was down the hill. I was basically running naked so I made sure to group up. The problems would be even worse at 50. The only way it would work is if you were playing as bait for a visi/stealth group as you will always be popped and never get the drop on anyone. Not to mention on PHX your stealth spec gives you bonus to movement speed.

It could be fun if you were like RR12 just to mess around.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics