Taunt style abillity with an area of effect - discussion of an area effect to the taunt ability of a tanking class

Started 26 Apr 2021
by bommel
in Suggestions
For pve reason it could be handy to a tanking class to be alble to taunt multiple targets at once. I would like to be able as tank to get all incoming npc spotted at once. Would it be possible to take a weapon style EG. Plague and put an area effect to it, like an 125 area, so a tank can get the attention of all incoming Npc? Switching Targets is sometimes quite difficult, when there are other npc inside the target range.
The healing power can concentrate to the main tank for healing too and there is a little window for the tank to get all NPC in the target one by one and increase the taunt number too all of the NPC to hold the aggro.

I guess all solo player take no taunt spell beyond level 10 and if so there position should be further away than 125 to other players or NPC. The effect should not take place in PVP situations, like a taunt of players would not effect them at all.

PS.: NPC - non player character
Mon 26 Apr 2021 3:42 PM by Astaa
Yes, to the taunt thing, but it should have the opposite effect on player pets, and make them flee.

Unsure on the rest.
Mon 26 Apr 2021 4:33 PM by bommel
Astaa wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 3:42 PM
Yes, to the taunt thing, but it should have the opposite effect on player pets, and make them flee.

Unsure on the rest.

My intention is tank classes only. A pet gets hit when the tank has failed on getting aggro too the NPC. It is quite hard to taunt 4+ NPC in a short amount of time, while misses and fumble can still be possible and enhance the time needed to taunt every Npc near by. If an effect can take care of that gape of time, no casters pet has to tank for its owner. It is allready possible to get the Npc away from the pet, so no need to change the mechanics of the pets as far as i can overlook it.

But anyway it was a good point of you, because i missed the situation of pet owner at all, and how it would effect the gameplay.

Thx alot
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics