Stop with the abs/add dmg/haste buff botting

Started 7 Jun 2021
by Noashakra
in Suggestions
You should add a range or make them stick only to group members in the ZF.
I am a bit tired to meet people with BD/necro abs buff...
Mon 7 Jun 2021 7:06 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Random people buffing others is not botting.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 2:26 PM by omicidi
I can jive with this. It gives alb a significant advantage.

Also, contextually this is botting.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 3:50 PM by Bradekes
It's botting when that's all they do with their playtime. I remember when in beta there was thuerg standing right outside portal keep door buffing everyone that walked by and that's all he did.

Easy fix is to make a single target version and a group version. Half the delve on the single target spell in rvr.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 5:47 PM by Magesty
This might be one of the lamest threads I have seen on these forums, and believe me that is really saying something considering all the stupid shit people posted here during beta resets.

If some guy gets pleasure from helping his realm by providing buffs and watching Youtube, or buffing realm mates they see out in the frontier, I don't see what the problem is. No, that doesn't make them a bot-- regardless of what percentage of their playtime is devoted to this. They are playing their one character and are choosing to help their realm by buffing people, and clearly it is working given the fact that this thread got any traction.

Personally, my internal reward structure wouldn't be giving me much positive feedback from doing this type of thing, but I'm a far cry from being altruistic.

Ultimately this thread is a big fat case of "QQ you died in an RvR zone".

On the off chance this is an actual accusation that these people are away from their computer and macroing buffs there are proper channels for that, none of which involve the forums.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 6:11 PM by Bradekes
Magesty wrote:
Tue 8 Jun 2021 5:47 PM
This might be one of the lamest threads I have seen on these forums, and believe me that is really saying something considering all the stupid shit people posted here during beta resets.

If some guy gets pleasure from helping his realm by providing buffs and watching Youtube, or buffing realm mates they see out in the frontier, I don't see what the problem is. No, that doesn't make them a bot-- regardless of what percentage of their playtime is devoted to this. They are playing their one character and are choosing to help their realm by buffing people, and clearly it is working given the fact that this thread got any traction.

Personally, my internal reward structure wouldn't be giving me much positive feedback from doing this type of thing, but I'm a far cry from being altruistic.

Ultimately this thread is a big fat case of "QQ you died in an RvR zone".

On the off chance this is an actual accusation that these people are away from their computer and macroing buffs there are proper channels for that, none of which involve the forums.

Not really when certain realms get baseline buffs that the other realms have to spec for. The altruistic people of the other realms aren't as able to provide full dmg add & haste like Albion. It does affect balance of a lot of solo fights. If it was consistently an issue you had to deal with you'd probably feel differently. Evidently it's not really affecting your playstyle.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 7:38 PM by Noashakra
Making 10% more damage and getting 10% less damage is unfair, end of the story.
Do you know how many people sent me to ask for my theu add dmg / haste ?
By your own logic magesty, we should allow people to get cleric buffs too if the cleric is afk youtube...

Also, contextually this is botting.

Don't feed the troll.
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:32 AM by inoeth
make /nohelp to ignore buffs from others and plz also cure dot and desease
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:42 AM by Sepplord
inoeth wrote:
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:32 AM

The complaint doesn't seem to be "i am getting tired of having to remove timed buffs from other people helping me", the complaint here seems to be "i don't want to fight at a disadvantage, make it impossible for other solos to get those buffs, since i don't have them neither"
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:53 AM by Astaa
It's just an added bonus that someone throws you a damage shield or abs buff, personally I don't seek them out, but it's nice that people throw them about now and again, not aware of anyone just standing there doing it all evening though
Wed 9 Jun 2021 10:39 AM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:42 AM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 9 Jun 2021 6:32 AM

The complaint doesn't seem to be "i am getting tired of having to remove timed buffs from other people helping me", the complaint here seems to be "i don't want to fight at a disadvantage, make it impossible for other solos to get those buffs, since i don't have them neither"

i know, i just wanted to add this because if you dont want others to get the buffs you might also dont want these buffs yourself.

personally i dont really care about this because my toons operate at haste cap and do have an even better dmg add theirselfes. only abs could be a thing but it maybe happens 1/10 that you get that from someone anyway...
Wed 9 Jun 2021 11:49 AM by DJ2000
As always, you can be certain that there are some players out there abusing timed buffs where-/however they can.

Making them Grp only (like Resis-timers) would mostly only stop the "random Guy" throwing out some buffs, but that's about it.
Making them range dependant seems wierd, as these buffs are not conc.-based Buffs.

If it would really be a problem in the eyes of the Devs, they could easily resolve it anyway.

On the other hand:
I am 100% behind Noashakra with this.
BT (bubble), DMG aura/add, haste, Abs on some/certain Players on a constant basis (regardless of realm) is disgusting behavior. (...but not a cheat/exploit)
Wed 9 Jun 2021 12:45 PM by lurker
Magesty wrote: This might be one of the lamest threads I have seen on these forums, and believe me that is really saying something considering all the stupid shit people posted here during beta resets.

This ++
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics