Smite Cleric love

Started 22 May 2021
by gotwqqd
in Suggestions
I’d like to see the 20 second instant pbaoe Spell damage increased by 50%

Also, what is the typical spec for the smite cleric?
Sun 23 May 2021 7:16 PM by Venithrax
Maybe there are other builds but what I've played with is:
- 50 Smite, 20 Rejuvenation
- 43 Smite, 30 Enhance and 12 Rejuvenation
My preference recently has been the first option.

Sadly smite clerics are very stigmatized, even though they are the most utility of any class of Albion imo, so prepare to do mostly soloing. Another option is to heal in groups until high RR, then you can spec smite more efficiently.
Mon 24 May 2021 1:44 PM by Ceen
Cant make this game work for everyone.
Reju, Enh is fine. Stick with that thx.
Mon 24 May 2021 2:16 PM by Magesty
Ceen wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 1:44 PM
Cant make this game work for everyone.
Reju, Enh is fine. Stick with that thx.

It would be a fairly simple matter to make Smite a tolerable spec line.

I see little reason to not buff unusable lines like Smite and Nature. It's an easy way to get two more options into the game for solo/small man players that wouldn't affect 8v8 as heal/buff will always be more desirable, and the changes would have to be completely botched to see them taking a dps/utility slot from casters.
Mon 24 May 2021 2:30 PM by Yokahu
They should revert Smite back to how it was pre 1.65. It was an absolute monster. I remember having so much fun with smite in Andred and for a while in Mordred.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 10:14 AM by Centenario
Smite cleric on alb should be considered a caster with 27% absorb and optional healing, akin to a mentalist.
The few problem with smite clerics:
1- Quickcast: give them quickcast at 30 smite or something along that line.
2- No focus lvl: make focus work for clerics smite spells, or reduce the spell cost accordingly.
3- Low caster utility apart from range magical stun; should have a typical caster utility spell (mezz/demezz/root/ns/bubble/debuff/disease/bolt/amnesia/instas)
4- AoE insta mezz on a 5min cooldown with low duration. Better have aoe insta disease of shaman with a 8sec recast delay.
5- Low synergy with other spells in enhanc/rejuv akin to other DD casters.
6- Only 1 spell damage type = spirit

All these issues would have to be tweaked/fixed to make it viable as a mentalist type caster.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 5:07 PM by omicidi
TMB runs 2 clerics and a friar with a spirit cab, reaver. With the reaver changes, I can see the viability of something like 42 rejuv/33 smite in a setup like that.

I really really really frown upon giving anything to Albion as it’s incredibly incredibly incredibly powerful.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 3:41 AM by Buffdahobo
I would love to see smite clerics AND nature druids to become viable. With all of the work the devs have put into the melee style changes, archer reworks, dps caster changes, it is entirely possible to tweak smite and nature to open up more playstyles.
Fri 18 Jun 2021 2:07 PM by watbrif
Buffdahobo wrote:
Fri 18 Jun 2021 3:41 AM
I would love to see smite clerics AND nature druids to become viable. With all of the work the devs have put into the melee style changes, archer reworks, dps caster changes, it is entirely possible to tweak smite and nature to open up more playstyles.

It has been stated before by the devs that this is not wanted, as certain classes are supposed to be one trick ponies fulfilling a specific role in 8vs8 (same applies to battle bards and wardens I assume).
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics