Dominated Brackets.

Started 25 Jun 2021
by Xrystofer
in Suggestions
I have reached the last bracket and I want to say that the experience is not pleasant so far. There's always a premade when there are very few people in the bracket, most noticeably in the 45-48 and 49-50 Brackets. Those groups dominate the brackets hard, which results in most players either rerolling or quitting. I want to suggest turning underpopulated brackets into Solo/duo zones depending upon the current population. e.g Solo under 10 players. That would allow a chance to fight back for everyone.

As I am writing this, there's a 5 man group in the 49-50 bracket when there are only 8 people in the PvP zones. It's just not fun to play in those kinds of situations.
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:14 PM by omicidi
Network with people and build a group. Why should I be punished because you don’t want to group with people, network or build relationships?
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:41 PM by Ceen
omicidi wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:14 PM
Network with people and build a group. Why should I be punished because you don’t want to group with people, network or build relationships?
A /reg group is still no challange for a proper group.
So nothing would change.
Should be all autogroup but hey its the last event and they didnt listn =)
Fri 25 Jun 2021 2:44 PM by omicidi
Ceen wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 1:41 PM
omicidi wrote:
So nothing would change.

I had three pugs last night, what’s your point? Again, I wanted to play. I had to log earlier than my group logs on so I built a group with people, three of which I haven’t grouped with, ever or in months.

People should not be punished because they have a team or know how to network. You should be punished because you think the devs should hand you a higher chance of success without putting in any effort.

Literally all you have to do is go on discord. Put a time down. And go
Fri 25 Jun 2021 3:04 PM by Ceen
omicidi wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 2:44 PM
Ceen wrote:
omicidi wrote:
So nothing would change.

I had three pugs last night, what’s your point? Again, I wanted to play. I had to log earlier than my group logs on so I built a group with people, three of which I haven’t grouped with, ever or in months.

People should not be punished because they have a team or know how to network. You should be punished because you think the devs should hand you a higher chance of success without putting in any effort.

Literally all you have to do is go on discord. Put a time down. And go
Its a event for the new comers to catch up.
They fight vs people with a network that's not how this is advertised.
Sure I can log my 4 homies and wipe all those new comers, feel good and tell them to group up on the forums.
But yeah thats not how you level the playing field.
Fri 25 Jun 2021 3:23 PM by Magesty
Ceen wrote:
omicidi wrote:
So nothing would change.

It is always interesting to see how many players are blind to their own participation in the erosion of gameplay quality. Presumably this is an event in which all players participating would, at least in theory, like to have opponents to fight that are going to continue participating.

The premise of the thread is that a bracket with small numbers of people, in this case 8, should have a ruleset change until more people can join. Seems pretty reasonable to not want a situation wherein it is literally impossible for 3/8s of the players in a bracket to gain experience or realm points and advance.

Unsurprisingly there is a response from your typical player who values winning more than either a challenge or even just healthy gameplay: "lol git gud and will more players into existence so me n my frends can roll u cuz we deserv it. Ur unwilingnes to git 5 frends together ahed of the event means u diserve to be dieing over n over again."

My understanding is the core goal of the Playing Field event is to give new players a chance to level up characters and get some RPs. It isn't some sort of Randian dystopia where new/inexperienced/infrequent players should be bending over and pulling themselves up by their bootstraps while being violated by troglodytes 1 thru 5 and their caster group.

To use a real life analogy-- If you go to the courts with 4 of your friends to play some basketball and there are 3 less athletic people already there shooting around you don't try to convince them to run 5 vs 3. No one in their right mind says, "hey idiots, I brought my four friends and you don't have anyone so u gotta play us 5v3." They simply will not participate.

Everyone who has ever played pickup sports understands the proper approach-- you look at the three unathletic guys who were just throwing up bricks and you put two of them with your best two players so the games are even and everyone can have fun. Thus, everyone gets to have fun playing basketball, and everyone sticks around to participate. This approach comes naturally even to young children, and I don't really understand why it is such a struggle for people to accept in MMORPGs. I get uncomfortable even running a duo or trio late at night US time if the action is super slow because the disparate players we roll over aren't going to keep coming back for very long, and the experience is on the whole much better for me and my friends if they keep participating. Most of the time we will just solo separately so we get to keep actually playing the game instead of staring at keep doors and eventually suiciding to guards.

Now, in a situation where the courts are packed and there are a ton of participants, that's when people can try hard to their heart's content without eroding the overall experience for others in a significant way. Everyone will get their chance to play, and there are enough participants/courts that even the worst teams will get to have a good game or two. They will come back next week, and who knows-- Maybe they'll even get better.
Fri 25 Jun 2021 3:24 PM by dougrighteous1
There's always so many overlooked parts of these events. The zone is beyond massive for what reason? All the action is in the los broken town anyway. I think the most truly ironic part of this event is the that premades are allowed in the event which poses two distinct problems. one, groups ruining other groups' fun. and number two, these groups end up having very little crossrealm classes in them because each realm has specific classes to cover up holes. For instance, if you run with a bard, you realistically remove like 6 viable alb classes in your group. If you run with a shaman in your group, your viable class selection is limited.

then that doesn't even factor in the actual balance... idk what dev thought it was a good idea to give all cc above 10 seconds(apart from stun, its literally all cc above lvl 10) halved duration AND det. LMAO. now you can't even peel the guy that will 3 shot you ! maybe u had fun leveling up and getting rps. go to the 49 bracket and fight variations of only premades with an aug healer, bard, druid and a valewalker and tell me how much fun this event is.
i guess we're gonna pretend that it's not a problem. idk how many people have been asking for premades to be removed over the last year and a half during every event, but eventually these devs aren't gonna have anyone left in these events.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics