Change NS cure to 36 Mend

Started 21 Apr 2021
by jckelley87
in Suggestions
I speak from only a Mid POV, but I feel this one small change could open up many options to a spell that IMO hinders the entire realm.

AugHealers only really have one option, they HAVE to go 40Mend to get NS cure that isn’t 6second cast time.

But a simple change to 36Mend would open up the option to be a really great TriSpec that would still have decent celerity and resists and more CC(inst stun/mez)
Or
Higher Aug to get red celerity.

Please consider this or test it in arena/PvP event.
Wed 21 Apr 2021 10:24 PM by ExcretusMaximus
The entire point of it being at 40 is to make people make choices on how to spec; being forced to give something up for the better cure.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 1:57 AM by jckelley87
I understand that. But this hampers Mid more than the other two realms. Mostly due to Midgards undeniable lack of CC compared to Alb and Hib. Of course there are other discussions to be had to balance things. This is one suggestion that I feel makes sense.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 6:04 AM by Centenario
other realms use more than 2 healers per 8man for
On alb you’d get 2 clerics or 1 cleric 1 friar usually 2nd cleric or friar have 40 rejuv(mending) for the cure NS
On mid you usually play 1shaman 1 aug/mend healer and 1 trispec healer.
For hib it’s buff Druid, bard, mentalist, and maybe a 4th or 5th heal class per 8-man grp. Usually 4th or 5th have 40mend for cure NS.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 5:35 PM by Nephamael
I don't have the time or set grp to put it to a test, but i think you can probably get away with a 1 healer 1 sham lineup in a mid castergroup right now (without any changes to ns cure lvl), to open up another dps slot.

For this the one healer would spec 40 mend and either 27 pac, 23 aug or 29 pac, 21 aug or 20 pac, 30 aug, depending on the value the grp puts on a slightly longer aoemezz/single inst mezz and stun vs capped basebuffs and energy resist.

As nowadays alb gvg grps tend to run matter assist and hib energy train has not much dmg and therefore has to win on control rather than burst, this would offer an extra caster slot, which would dramatically increase the "blap" factor of mid caster, while opening a 3rd demezzer and 2nd resist debuffer, if it is filled by a sm. While it would not hurt the grp vs the burstwise dangerous alb castergroups, because shaman resists stay intact.

For a Mid tanker or tanker hybrid i don't see why anyone would give up the best support class ingame vs another dps.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 8:46 PM by jckelley87
Nephamael wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 5:35 PM
I don't have the time or set grp to put it to a test, but i think you can probably get away with a 1 healer 1 sham lineup in a mid castergroup right now (without any changes to ns cure lvl), to open up another dps slot.

For this the one healer would spec 40 mend and either 27 pac, 23 aug or 29 pac, 21 aug or 20 pac, 30 aug, depending on the value the grp puts on a slightly longer aoemezz/single inst mezz and stun vs capped basebuffs and energy resist.

As nowadays alb gvg grps tend to run matter assist and hib energy train has not much dmg and therefore has to win on control rather than burst, this would offer an extra caster slot, which would dramatically increase the "blap" factor of mid caster, while opening a 3rd demezzer and 2nd resist debuffer, if it is filled by a sm. While it would not hurt the grp vs the burstwise dangerous alb castergroups, because shaman resists stay intact.

For a Mid tanker or tanker hybrid i don't see why anyone would give up the best support class ingame vs another dps.

There’s certainly a difference between “can probably get away with” and a good/ideal setup. What you’re describing is kind of my point. It puts Mid at a disadvantage when other realms can make up for it with more powerful classes. Just changing on spell would open up options for some creativity/balance. This would be a nice change for small man too.
Thu 22 Apr 2021 9:16 PM by Rov
Just be happy that you actually have 2 classes in your group with fast ns cure on mid, can't have that on albion and most of the time not on hibernia either.
Fri 23 Apr 2021 5:04 PM by Nephamael
There’s certainly a difference between “can probably get away with” and a good/ideal setup. What you’re describing is kind of my point. It puts Mid at a disadvantage when other realms can make up for it with more powerful classes. Just changing on spell would open up options for some creativity/balance. This would be a nice change for small man too.

Imo what i suggested is the optimal way to play mid caster in pure gvg.

You have to keep in mind, healer is already the strongest healing class in the game utility wise, so further buffs would be dangerous for the overall balance.

There is always a downside to only playing 2 healertypes = you are explosive but squishy, if you get caught bad you can die fast.

- If 35 healspec for fast ns cure was to come, it would have to be for all3 realms, then i would not object it -
Sat 24 Apr 2021 1:06 PM by jckelley87
Rov wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 9:16 PM
Just be happy that you actually have 2 classes in your group with fast ns cure on mid, can't have that on albion and most of the time not on hibernia either.

LOL @ the idea of running a 40mend Shammy. Thanks for your input.
Sat 24 Apr 2021 1:47 PM by ExcretusMaximus
jckelley87 wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 1:06 PM
LOL @ the idea of running a 40mend Shammy. Thanks for your input.

He's talking about two Healers.
Sat 24 Apr 2021 2:10 PM by jckelley87
Nephamael wrote:
Fri 23 Apr 2021 5:04 PM

Imo what i suggested is the optimal way to play mid caster in pure gvg.

You have to keep in mind, healer is already the strongest healing class in the game utility wise, so further buffs would be dangerous for the overall balance.

There is always a downside to only playing 2 healertypes = you are explosive but squishy, if you get caught bad you can die fast.

- If 35 healspec for fast ns cure was to come, it would have to be for all3 realms, then i would not object it -

Sure mate, I’m thinking about gvg too (but that’s a small population of the server) so thinking about overall RvR too.

And Healer IMO has the most utility almost to its own detriment. It has too much responsibility to be played perfectly. And I’m all for spreading out that utility to other classes. For instance, they took away AoE root from RM for some reason.

I’ve got a couple high RR Healer friends that think this could be something that would help some balancing without being unreasonable.
Mon 26 Apr 2021 5:32 PM by Nephamael
And Healer IMO has the most utility almost to its own detriment. It has too much responsibility to be played perfectly. And I’m all for spreading out that utility to other classes. For instance, they took away AoE root from RM for some reason.

I’ve got a couple high RR Healer friends that think this could be something that would help some balancing without being unreasonable.

There would surely be ways to spread utility, but noone likes to lose one of their tools, they got used to having for years.

I think putting fast ns cure at 35 healspec for all 6 healertypes is not a bad idea tho.
It would give healers, shamans and also friars more interesting hybrid spec options. However i doubt it would do anything for druid or warden. - With some tweaks to the nature line of druid (instant rupt or disease come to my mind) it would sure be a nice and balanced change for all 3 realms. - Also Friar would have to give up the last matter resist and last self d/q so i don't know if it shouldn't maybe come with a 3ple resist buff (in balance with the 3ple debuff spells) to give alb and hib healertypes actual benefits of this new 35 heal ns cure and a slight adjustment for friar specpoints (he lacks 80 specpoints to get to 46 enhance, where the first resist debuff sits).
Or it could be at 32 heal instead of 35, to open it for all primary healers.

The missing piece of balance with either of the options is then the warden, what could warden get? - A backsnare for blade and blunt, to mirror the benefit friar gets? Or offensive spells in the nurture line? Or high dmg with high weaponspec (also an option for friar)? Or shieldspec? - There are options, but this thing would have to be done as a whole healertype gvg balance patch and not just a midgard buff.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics