Stop spells from overwriting Pots

Started 26 May 2021
by Fribrand
in Suggestions
Stop spells from overwriting Pots

I cant count now how many times i used a Pot to buff myself and someone messed it up.
They run by and throw a couple buffs on me and then run out of range.
That eliminates some portion of the Pot I applied.

It is not only stat buffs...
I used a 10 minute Mending potion and someone applied a short term HoT
That boosted my healing for 20 seconds and then went away.
And I lost my 10 minute buff... URRRGGGHH

Please fix it so that someone who thinks they are doing me a favor does not make me break my keyboard...
Thx
Thu 27 May 2021 6:04 AM by Sepplord
there's a command, i think /nohelp ? or something like that, that will stop people outside your group to buff/heal you
Thu 27 May 2021 6:14 AM by Astaa
Many don't realise that they aren't helping. When I'm on my ranger in a siege, I play solo and part of that is avoiding getting killed, groupers don't seem to be that bothered about standing on a wall giving a dot anchor or whatever and will quite happily die and get rezzed, or they run out of range or whatever, meaning my buffs drop.

I am ofc grateful for being chucked the odd heal when I have messed up, so /nohelp doesn't suit.
Thu 27 May 2021 12:56 PM by SlowMo
Best solution in my mind would be to temporarily override pots as long as they provide the bonus and are higher value. as soon as buffer runs out of range activate pot buffs again.
Thu 27 May 2021 3:58 PM by Yokahu
I was going to say that...

it will change the dynamics of the GvG. One valid tactic is going after the enemy group’s buffer to kill him quick, that way you end fighting unbuffed enemies and it’s almost and ensured victory since buff pots cannot be used when you are engaged in PvP combat. With the suggested change, this tactic won’t be worth it anymore in some cases.

... but decided not to, because I know how annoying is getting your pot buff overwritten.
Thu 27 May 2021 4:03 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Yokahu wrote:
Thu 27 May 2021 3:58 PM
With the suggested change, this tactic won’t be worth it anymore in some cases.

Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't see how spells not overwriting potions changes killing the enemy buffer.

EDIT:
Oh, I see. You're thinking groups would run with both potion and concentration buffs so if the buffer dies they still have potion buffs, and of course they would, because Phoenix is nothing if not full of people pushing the limits of "fair."
Thu 27 May 2021 9:50 PM by gotwqqd
Can’t they just coexist and higher one takes precedent
Sort of like speed

Or do they want groups to pay the price when their buffers die
Fri 28 May 2021 11:49 AM by gruenesschaf
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 27 May 2021 9:50 PM
Or do they want groups to pay the price when their buffers die
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics