Uthred wrote: ↑
Fri 11 Jun 2021 11:16 PM
First of all: TOA is not an option as it is already in use for different events, The Arena and as a Staff Zone to test things, etc.
Second: This scaling will be active in all PvE only zones
. Or in different words: you can still farm in the Frontiers (yes, I know it is risky out there), in PoC, in SH and in DF. Besides the chance of getting killed in the Frontier is pretty high, at least in PoC, SH and DF it should be quite easy to farm the old way
Third: Why are you so sure, that solo farming is dead after this? Do you have any proof for this? Do you have any experience with our scaling? Do you know how the mob camps will look like? Do you already know how the new mini-events will work? Do you know how many mobs you have to kill for that? Do you know if every spot will be like that? Plus: Is solo farming really becoming dead just because of you having to change the spot from time to time?
Lasrael_Hellblade wrote: ↑
Fri 11 Jun 2021 9:57 PM
1. How do we make money to fund our templates? Most of us don't bother with DS (as an inexperienced player to DS is pretty much not welcomed and/or geared for it. It's an elite man's instance. As it should be.)
2. How much currency in the game economy is going to be lost when this change happens? (i.e. money runs out and crafting stops, feathers will quit being bought, etc.)
3. Is the event participation going to on par/be better to make money than farming?
4. While a new player will have a chance to get a group, is he/she going to be able to fund a template afterwords?
To answer your questions:
1. Farm the old or the new way. Same as before. Kill mobs, farm items, etc.
2. We never said that this change is to get rid of money. We only said, that afk/macro farming will be a bit harder which is a welcomed side effect.
3. Farming with what class? Farming which mobs? Farming which items? Farming DS? Cant answer this question properly.
4. See #1. Any player, no matter if new or old will be able to make money easily.
As I said before: This change is only to help new players / lower pop time zones to easily find a group. After this patch is live, there still will be more than enough spots for any kind of farming. In addition you will still have the amazing spots in DF like Hulks/Shredders/Knights/ Dia Loop to name just a few, plus all the other spots in PoC, SH or even Frontiers if you dont like scaling. Also PLing should actually become more easy now, as every toon in a group is now useful and will make it even faster than before.
Many reactions in this thread remind of the announcement of the personal loot change. A lot of "the end is near" statements without even knowing how it will turn out and how it will look like in detail.
Maybe an example will help you to understand:
Lyonesse is one of the most popular pve zones and has about 1000 mobs in it. It is just a wild guess but I think that maybe at max only 600 mobs are really used in there while the rest will only be killed very rarely. This has different reasons (xp items, amount of mobs per spot, different colours of mobs in one spot, etc). After the change, one spot will always have the same colour to you, you wont run into the problem that you cant "use" this spot because of level differences. Also any spot will be as good as the other. You will have way more options where to go.
And this is only Lyonesse. Just think of all the classic zones that are a wasteland now, where no one is going at the moment. Any of them will become a viable option for you. Mobs that are now lvl 20 and will only be killed once in a level up cycle are after the change a viable option to go there again at higher level because they will stay the same con to you. Keep in mind that any low level spot, that you cant kill at lvl 50 because of being grey to you, will then be another great opportunity for you. You will have "millions" of new possiblities to earn xp, to make money or to farm items.