PvE Changes

Started 11 Jun 2021
by gruenesschaf
in Planned Changes
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:25 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:53 PM
But yes, making it harder for bd / animist macro farmer is not an unintended side effect.

I'm all for getting rid of cheaters and the ways they cheat, and I am aware that there is a completely inordinate and ridiculous amount of money already in the game, but the problem is that all that money is on a very select amount of people, who play the game like a commodities exchange; what worries me is that these changes are going to destroy solo farmers whose only income is the camps you're doing away with. Some of us can't be bothered to do Darkspire or the SI dungeons ad nauseum, so we need to be able to farm actual cash.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:27 PM by Tamvolan
Beeblebrox wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:16 PM
I work online during the day and just lazy farm by pulling xp mobs every 2 minutes or so on my death sight necro. I certainly don't macro farm. I do a lot of farming because I do quite a few temps for guildies and need resources. I don't usually recoup all I put into the temps. It sounds like I will have a hard time making temps like that in the future with these changes unless the rewards are really good and/or making temps somehow becomes easier. Would it be possible or desirable to reward participants when they reach 50 based upon past participation while leveling?

I am pleased with promoting grouping as the best way to level. That really is my favorite part of the game. I have plenty of 50s but I can see rolling new toons just for leveling.

I'm the same. I work remotely, and I usually have some toon on either leveling with xp items, or a higher level toon farming xp items for my lowers, or guildies. That same work schedule means it is that much more difficult to even try to group, so I NEED to be able to continue solo play... And sometimes, I'm just not wanting to put up with strangers, lol.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:28 PM by mhuff13
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:25 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 6:53 PM
But yes, making it harder for bd / animist macro farmer is not an unintended side effect.

I'm all for getting rid of cheaters and the ways they cheat, and I am aware that there is a completely inordinate and ridiculous amount of money already in the game, but the problem is that all that money is on a very select amount of people, who play the game like a commodities exchange; what worries me is that these changes are going to destroy solo farmers whose only income is the camps you're doing away with. Some of us can't be bothered to do Darkspire or the SI dungeons ad nauseum, so we need to be able to farm actual cash.

This. Already those people with all the plats do things like buy all the 2.4 LA on Mid and put them on the market for 100p. I will have no chance if my source of solo cash generation is taken away. I am just hopeful we are overreacting and the change won't be that bad for solos. Hopeful.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:29 PM by jonny290
Would like to throw out the wild idea to enable this in ToA zones and leave classic/si overworlds alone. Many people enjoyed those encounters and a lot of them were very event-driven anyways. Don't add the loot, obviously, but give people the option to do 'level-less leveling' over there, or conventional in the old world.

Then ban the living tar out of whoever's still dumb enough to macro farm on Phoenix.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:30 PM by 0ri
Seems the complaints are mostly around lower income generation, but I see this as a non-issue. The misunderstanding is that if x costs y today, then x will still cost y tomorrow when no one can afford y. That's just not how that works. If no one can afford y, it won't sell. Either they reduce their price, or someone else puts the same item for less and makes the sale. If, for whatever reason, that doesn't happen, then the economy is unhealthy - but this change would not be the cause.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:38 PM by Tamvolan
0ri wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:30 PM
Seems the complaints are mostly around lower income generation, but I see this as a non-issue. The misunderstanding is that if x costs y today, then x will still cost y tomorrow when no one can afford y. That's just not how that works. If no one can afford y, it won't sell. Either they reduce their price, or someone else puts the same item for less and makes the sale. If, for whatever reason, that doesn't happen, then the economy is unhealthy - but this change would not be the cause.

The economy is absolutely unhealthy right now. I think these changes are going to exacerbate the situation.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:43 PM by jonny290
0ri wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:30 PM

This is where we get into economics chat. Specifically, a deflationary economy

The whole DAOC economy isn't player driven. Recharges will still cost 10 gold apiece. It'll still cost 6 plat or whatever to LGM spellcrafting. MP plate has a fixed cost to produce (accounting a bit for RNG on crafting quality, of course). If you reduce the money supply but keep those costs fixed, people aren't going to start selling MP plate at a loss; they're going to stop making and selling it. This could lead to a heavy reduction in such items' availability and cause real problems with templating if you aren't already plat-rich.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:51 PM by Tknova
Could always just do the changes in dungeons, kinda like how instances/catacombs was that would be fun!
It would definitely make people use them again, I rarely see ppl in them besides DF
Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:02 PM by Jingo NZ
Tknova wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 7:51 PM
Could always just do the changes in dungeons, kinda like how instances/catacombs was that would be fun!
It would definitely make people use them again, I rarely see ppl in them besides DF

I agree it is a good idea to pick some areas to first implement this change and then slowly expand from there.
Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:02 PM by jonny290
Jingo NZ wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 8:02 PM
I agree it is a good idea to pick some areas to first implement this change and then slowly expand from there.

Another +1 on this.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics