Thu 19 Mar 2020 5:54 AM by gotwqqd
Uthred wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020 6:22 PM
Idra wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020 5:53 PM
Nothing is solo friendly,nothing is small friendly, nothing is fg friendly

There's no way to exp in EV anymore
There's no more activity on frontiers
There's no way to join EV if you're not in a zerg as soon as stealthers are camping bridges to EV, downstair of porter path, gates. And if you avoid them you get ganked by fg of 10L or zerg.

There was so many good ideas from players and you choosed this... really sad !
*irony on
You are absolutely right!
There are no Solo Zones
There are no Smallman Zones
There is no Porter for Solos directly into the Solo Zones
There is no Porter for Small man directly into the Small Man Zones
There is no GVG Command
There is no Fairfight Command for Solos & Small Man to list themselves as lf fairfight and to find other players who are interested in the same
There is no personal task called "kill enemy players alone"
There is no personal task called "kill enemy player solo in the solo zone"
There is no personal task called "kill enemy players in the small man zone when in a small man"

Hm, did I miss something? Really, the staff doesnt like solo, small man and fgs. It is very obvious.
*irony off

You have so many tools here on Phoenix available and the staff gets blamed if players dont use them. But thats probably our fault too.

I think he wishes for solo players to have something organic
Not the only choices being custom made implementations to use
Thu 19 Mar 2020 8:17 AM by Gildar
Uthred wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020 6:22 PM
*irony on
You are absolutely right!
There are no Solo Zones
There are no Smallman Zones
There is no Porter for Solos directly into the Solo Zones
There is no Porter for Small man directly into the Small Man Zones
There is no GVG Command
There is no Fairfight Command for Solos & Small Man to list themselves as lf fairfight and to find other players who are interested in the same
There is no personal task called "kill enemy players alone"
There is no personal task called "kill enemy player solo in the solo zone"
There is no personal task called "kill enemy players in the small man zone when in a small man"

Hm, did I miss something? Really, the staff doesnt like solo, small man and fgs. It is very obvious.
*irony off

You have so many tools here on Phoenix available and the staff gets blamed if players dont use them. But thats probably our fault too.

U are right Uthred but ... the problem is that gankers dont wanna fairfights .... or 8v8 against other gankers ... they wont free RP's killing soloers, ppl desticked by zerg because no speed, push back in keep fights killing afkers ....

That's why they dont use your new commands ....

Staff make an excellent work indeed, but this time erasing keep tasks and making EV some sort of WoW arena just have a bad idea.

past night we have a great fun ... why ? Because Hib try relic raid in Mid, Mid defend and Alb sneak taking a relic ... Mid chase alb and take back relic ....
This is DAOC .... the whining of some sort of pro/ganker ecc. is nothing compared of numbers of normal players.

Gankers whining for fair fights but after that ... dont use the fairfight command because ... poor RP and not easy ...

So take care of most of your ppl on (great part of them never write in forum) ... and not to gankers, that are a little (and louder) part of your players.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 8:48 AM by Kazimir
Dunga wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020 8:56 AM
No more rps for afking
More variations in RvR Task
More possibilities in RvR

... the rps while afk, is it like 1k/h??, are a gamebreaker its insane that people are crying that mr.x gain so much for do nothing. I also don't know what that concerns them. do u realy think that people dont be afk bc the tasks are changed? ok, i see less people in the keeps, more in fz town or logging off.

more variations means more variations for me and not delete the old and make 3?2?, for me stupid, new one. What are the variations now?? the same applies for possibilities. let the keeptasks as it was, additionally the weird new ones. it would be interesting to see how much is accepted and yes that would mean variety.I know that this is a first test, but it starts in the wrong direction by deleting the old ones.

the old keeptasks are not so bad as many claim. u come online, know where u have to go, play an hour and have some fun/prs/what ever. not everyone, i think many/the most of us, are not able to play several hours/d. try to find a working grp and if u got one u have to say goodby bc the time is over and befor that u stay around afk
if u are not be able to be in a fg or the zerg u cant do much right now. even if u try to reach the zerg, also if u are a highspeed class or stealther, u will have a hard time

for me it would be a much better way to optimize the keeptasks (and to be honest it's about castle, towers, ... in NF and not survive 2 min in the maze), to prevent the excessive farming of groups in these case they suffers very high deductions, the now very large rr gap between new or rerollers and rr10 + a little bit (the goal was to get to rr5 as quickly as possible at the beginning, worked in my eyes and you fought against rr7, now rr2 vs rr10 would be nice to see if the faster curve would no longer go to 5 but 6-7) i know some people will be crying again... but i do so much in the past, and now they got easier to rr7.... unfair!!!! if at some point you hardly have any more opponents, your realm rank doesn't matter...

last but not least ... thanks, and I'm really serious, for the great work with phoenix. It is a great thing to be able to play this on a freechart. THX!

This
Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:52 AM by borodino1812
I hope we will see a vote at the end of this. While I commend the devs for trying something new, I think it was a mistake to remove the keep tasks completely.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 12:22 PM by Quathan
Feedback to the staff:

I don't like the EV zone tasks. I actually liked the keep task more than. But I'm not really a fan of the tasks that involve people run out suicide and stand around town for 30 min and repeat.

Big fan of the players killed near sieged keep/towers that encourage people to seek out fires to defend and attack. I hope you will look into adding more of these personal tasks.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 1:06 PM by Uthred
Deleted some posts. Please stay on topic. This thread is about the new points of interest and about nothing else.
Building your world since 2017
Thu 19 Mar 2020 3:58 PM by DaleRod
Hate the new tasks all of them. Bring back the keep tasks.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 4:57 PM by Azuell
I haven't played since the new tasks were implemented but plan to try them out tonight. It seems like a lot of the negative feedback revolves around too much zerging and camping. Would you consider having multiple tasks active at the same time to try and spread people out more?

Or what about making the maze task always active (but still rotating between realms) and limiting it to groups of 4-5 or less. Then maybe add an additional task to the rotation or add the old keep task back into the rotation to satisfy those that are disappointed by it's removal.

So you'd have a permanent maze task to satisfy solo/small mans and 3 rotating tasks (2 on EV, 1 on mainland) which is a compromise for those that do and those that don't like the keep task. It also attempts to split the action up some while still providing zerging options for people who prefer that.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 5:48 PM by Durzo
This new task system absolutely kills action for small mans and solos. Atleast with the keel task system there were usually groups roaming in the area, and if you ran into a bigger group in the open you could get away.

With the EV tasks you’re in such a small area that if you encounter multiple groups of hibs you’ll just get amnesia’d and you’re dead. Or you just run into more groups.
Fri 20 Mar 2020 6:06 AM by Forlornhope
Yup these places have just become another place to completely avoid if you don't want to play with 8+ people.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics