Defender & Invader Event

Started 25 Apr 2021
by Uthred
in Open Community Votes
Mon 26 Apr 2021 1:46 PM by Lynee
As I see it (and probably that's why the vote is in) it's mandatory for everyone?

Also, agree on the fixed/capped RR, maybe with continued RP earnings, else the disparity between casual players and 24/7 ones will be huge after a day or so. Would be interesting to see no TWF, NM, VP task/zerg farming. Or just the ability to spec into passive basic RAs like aug dex, aug acu and leave out all the actives completely.

Maybe a week will be too long.

My vote: not totally for it, but also not totally against it.

Thanks for the continued work, Dev Team!
Mon 26 Apr 2021 4:36 PM by Beeblebrox
Well I'm sure voting here does nothing you have to vote ingame. However, I voted against it since I couldn't find out what it was actually supposed to accomplish that couldn't be done with rp buff.
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:14 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Beeblebrox wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 4:36 PM
Well I'm sure voting here does nothing you have to vote ingame. However, I voted against it since I couldn't find out what it was actually supposed to accomplish that couldn't be done with rp buff.

Really?

You can't wrap your mind around the difference between a group of RR3's fighting a group of RR3's and a group of RR5's fighting a group of RR11's?

It's really not that difficult to grasp what the reasoning behind this is.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:28 PM by Beeblebrox
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:14 PM
Beeblebrox wrote:

Really?

You can't wrap your mind around the difference between a group of RR3's fighting a group of RR3's and a group of RR5's fighting a group of RR11's?

Yes I know the difference but what is the purpose of the event? Is it that? I would definitely vote no for that! So where is this going? Restrict the rr levels more than they are as standard? Restrict the RA points you can earn? Reset everyone to rr1 for non-event? I don't want to go there!
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:46 PM by gotwqqd
Beeblebrox wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:28 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 26 Apr 2021 8:14 PM
Beeblebrox wrote:

Really?

Yes I know the difference but what is the purpose of the event? Is it that? I would definitely vote no for that! So where is this going? Restrict the rr levels more than they are as standard? Restrict the RA points you can earn? Reset everyone to rr1 for non-event? I don't want to go there!

I think the point is to allow level 50’s an even playing field .
While also allowing the lower RR’s to close the rr gap(not the realm point gap)
Mon 26 Apr 2021 9:23 PM by joy
The even playing field is good and all, and the 'earned' rp goes to orignal pool is fine,
however we could see 24/7 players with set groups skyrocket, and on day two the entire idea of the event is moot!

Instead I would suggest a different way to keep the spirit alive.
- Earned rp's still go to original pool.
- Every 24h you get a rp reset to a fixed number:
Day 1: 1L1 - 1 rp
Day 2: 2L5 - 26k rp
Day 3: 3L0 - 62k rp
Day 4: 3L5 - 123k rp
Day 5: 4L0 - 214k rp
Day 6: 5L0 - 513k rp
Day 7: 5L5 - 735k rp
( Or just a flat 75k per day, so: 1L1 > 3L1 > 3L7 > 4L0 > 4L3 > 4L8 > 5L0 )

This way it would be daily progression that even people with limited time could enjoy, and 24/7 players would still blast ahead and earn much rp's for their main rp pool, but they would be set back to the same rp as everyone else every 24 hours.

Throughout the week it would slowly escalade, and finally on day 7 everyone would get enough ra points to cover all the essentials (without luxuries) on their toons.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 7:54 AM by Taglim
It's an interesting idea, but to really keep it even for people who can log in a lot compared to people who log in every so often everyone should stay at RR1L1 throughout the event (choose 1 ability wisely).
But the rps earned are counted in the background per character and the reduced ranks/abilities take effect only in designated PVP area, then after the event is over the rps are added to the characters that earned them.
It may well introduce some quite tactical gameplay with 8v8 and who knows what'll happen in a zerg.

That should keep every player on an even footing even if we do miss out on things like MCL or DET and also people who want to PVE can still use their realm abilities as in a different zone.
Tue 27 Apr 2021 8:56 AM by gotwqqd
Taglim wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 7:54 AM
It's an interesting idea, but to really keep it even for people who can log in a lot compared to people who log in every so often everyone should stay at RR1L1 throughout the event (choose 1 ability wisely).
But the rps earned are counted in the background per character and the reduced ranks/abilities take effect only in designated PVP area, then after the event is over the rps are added to the characters that earned them.
It may well introduce some quite tactical gameplay with 8v8 and who knows what'll happen in a zerg.

That should keep every player on an even footing even if we do miss out on things like MCL or DET and also people who want to PVE can still use their realm abilities as in a different zone.
I’d say min of 1L5
Purge 1 so your not always messed rooted for 75 seconds
Tue 27 Apr 2021 3:05 PM by Talo
I don't get the idea behind this.
there is a falling graph on "free" rps (rvr activity, task zone). the higher your rank, the lesser you get.
resetting a rr10 char to 1 gives him the opportunity to get more rps again that are later on added to his real rank.
this will enlarge the gap of new players and old high rr.

2nd point: there is the cross realm event where on a prolonged weekend normal rvr is dead. now there will be this new event, another week where i can't play my toon with my hard earned realm abilities.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics