Fire Wizard

Started 24 Jul 2019
by Tigerforce
in Open Community Votes
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:04 AM by mze
I've played Firewizz and I am now on Animist and all the difference is that animist has tanglers to root enemies (which costs hella lot of mana, and takes lots of time to cast especially without dex overcap, no castspeed etc.). I'd say that I'd rather have 2 bolts than the tanglers, you ever nuked a caster with bolt - bolt - dd ? you ever see them standing afterwards ? no? me neither... on firewizz it is not about the delve of the last nuke, its about making quick bursts on classes that are not able to stand the burst (same as on animist btw, wisp wisp - con debuff - tap tap ). Go 50 fire for last bolt, 20 earth for green NS (alb casters all have a big range, you dont need red ns). If you find yourself nuking the same target for more then 5 seconds, you're doing something wrong

no change needed in my opinion...
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:51 AM by Tigerforce
mze wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 7:04 AM
I've played Firewizz and I am now on Animist and all the difference is that animist has tanglers to root enemies (which costs hella lot of mana, and takes lots of time to cast especially without dex overcap, no castspeed etc.). I'd say that I'd rather have 2 bolts than the tanglers, you ever nuked a caster with bolt - bolt - dd ? you ever see them standing afterwards ? no? me neither... on firewizz it is not about the delve of the last nuke, its about making quick bursts on classes that are not able to stand the burst (same as on animist btw, wisp wisp - con debuff - tap tap ). Go 50 fire for last bolt, 20 earth for green NS (alb casters all have a big range, you dont need red ns). If you find yourself nuking the same target for more then 5 seconds, you're doing something wrong

no change needed in my opinion...

I get the spec, and understand it. However again, its only viable defending keep or group where there are other toons to act as ur CC, for not much more dmg then a regular caster (if any).

You cannot say you picked to play anni and rather have 2 bolts then tanglers…. If the were HONESTLY true you'd play eld… come one now....

yes it takes time to setup as anni, but its always well worth the reward. Even solo and no CC its dam near insta death vs anyone, and if its not very easy to kite. I know I have one as well.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 8:19 AM by CronU
In the end most caster are bad if u count them 'alone'.
Get 3 wizards in a grp. 2 Fire, 1 Earth with 50% Heat debuff. And then say again that fire wizard is not dealing good dmg.
Is it a bad decision utility vise? Yes it is, but wizard always was bad utility wise.. just be thankfull that earth is kinda usefull here?
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:24 PM by Azrael
Tigerforce wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:07 PM
Root is not better then stun
Probably depends if you hit a det tank or something without det/stoicism

edit: I think somebody already mentioned in another post in another thread but this game is not about 1:1 comparison about classes
Fri 26 Jul 2019 12:17 AM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:37 PM
I love full earth wiz

What do you love about full earth Wiz? Serious question since I'm not a caster expert.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:20 PM by Kaziera
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 12:17 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:37 PM
I love full earth wiz

What do you love about full earth Wiz? Serious question since I'm not a caster expert.

Aoe dot zerg leech.
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:29 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Cadebrennus wrote:

What's there to not love?

Red NS, red matter/cold/heat debuff, zero variance matter nuke, bolt, GTAE nuke, single target DoT, AE DoT, AE nuke ... all without taking subspec into account; it's the most overloaded spec line in the game, and Albs don't take advantage of it because 6 pet classes body train is just so much better.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:41 PM by Leandrys
In group, full earth + ice and assist debuff cold+ ice dd your reaver = insanity.

Solo full earth/rest fire = approx the same, it's possible to OS so many people simply with debuff matter+bolt+wild power and a few lvls of AA/MoM. Wizzy's problem is they suck in opti 8men, you lose caba's pets, you lose debuff for sorcerer/minst, lose disease, etc...
Sat 27 Jul 2019 2:16 AM by gotwqqd
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:29 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:

What's there to not love?

Red NS, red matter/cold/heat debuff, zero variance matter nuke, bolt, GTAE nuke, single target DoT, AE DoT, AE nuke ... all without taking subspec into account; it's the most overloaded spec line in the game, and Albs don't take advantage of it because 6 pet classes body train is just so much better.
Why can’t I give two up thumbs? I have two hands!!

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics