/tag command

Started 27 Dec 2020
by Sagz
in Ask the Team
Ok, seeing as I may have missed something, this sounds to me, I can buzz a keep fight with my full group or buzz the docks, xp zones, relic gates and instead of attacking everyone, just target everyone (or just spam TAB) and hit the qbind i make for /tag and once our group has tagged enough people leave and go to something else and get RPs for all the people I tagged that got killed by someone else. And if this "solo" or "small man" add the fight I am in, make sure we don't kill them so we don't lose the rp bonus.

Most keep fights are filled with solos and not full groups, so the ones in the full group wont count i get it. But, there are a lot of 7 and 6 mans that run around, so make you target every person you come across in game and don't attack until you count to make sure they have 8 ppl. Hell mezz a group, count them, if they are less than 8, just target and /tag and run away haha

This sounds a ridiculous game of tag that will get abused to no end.

Again, I may be missing something but why is everyone trying to reinvent the wheel to adapt to their specific play style? If you mean to tell me you cant 8v8, 4v4, 1v1, without adds you are nuts, set up fights in discord in a remote location like everyone used to back in the day and be done with it.

OHHH i see it, you want to roam a high traffic area and expect everyone to know you want to 1v1 and wont add their fight, or 4v4 and not add their fight, or the 8 man let you get on a boat because you "deserve" it. Not to mention when you are in a 5man, make sure you count the people that might or might not be in a group or around each other to make sure its "even" numbers, and make sure they have support too and have a balanced group while you are at it, I mean you running in a group that is balanced is not fair fighting a group with only pot buffs, no heals and no comms, better check that too. hahah unbelievable.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:59 PM by ExcretusMaximus
You get a bonus on RP on your kills for people you tag who die after at least a minute, you don't get RP for when they die.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:21 PM by Sagz
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:59 PM
You get a bonus on RP on your kills for people you tag who die after at least a minute, you don't get RP for when they die.

Right, so our group just runs around /tag everyone before we go fight, just a stopping point and I get bonus RPs afterwards. Its a game of tag before we go 8v8. Gotcha.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:23 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sagz wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:21 PM
Right, so our group just runs around /tag everyone before we go fight, just a stopping point and I get bonus RPs afterwards. Its a game of tag before we go 8v8. Gotcha.

As opposed to running over that solo guy, losing speed, and possibly getting hit all for 200 RP you didn't really need since you're an elite player.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:00 PM by Sagz
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:23 PM
Sagz wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 5:21 PM

As opposed to running over that solo guy, losing speed, and possibly getting hit all for 200 RP you didn't really need since you're an elite player.

Well it only pertains to FG thought, if you are in a 4-5 man you cant /tag so go ahead and roll over solos, you don't get bonus RP for it, I get it, it is to stop the groups of 8 from doing anything else other and only looking for groups of 8. Make sure you avoid the 7 man or 6 man and just tag them cause its not fair. Every other group, business as usual. You do know it is more small mans that roll and kill solos and xpers, not the groups of 8.

I know this may be news to you, but people roam around POPULATED areas.... so if you want a 1v1 umm go to an unpopulated area and set up "your special" 1v1, that same thought goes for the GvG lister elitists too. And this may come as a shock to you, but there are quite a few of soloers, who I know by name and main solers that we dont attack or add, but its because they made a name for them selves, most of the time the spam i see or the people I tag "1v1ing" are the same asshats that kill xpers in NF and DF all day, so they deserve it. And the pure soloers that are known by most of the community, there is probably less than 20 on the server

Correct me if I am wrong did they not make a solo teleporter? and Solo fighting area? and small man teleporters? Again, you want to roam high traffic areas and expect people to "make sure" the numbers are even.

This whole situation is a catch 22, you roam populated areas, you see a 4 man with your 8 man, you don't attack and start fighting another 8 man, the 4 man jams the fight, so you either kill them when you see them, or you try to kill them when they jam, what is the difference?
Sun 27 Dec 2020 6:33 PM by Uthred
Sagz wrote:
Sun 27 Dec 2020 4:38 PM
Most keep fights are filled with solos and not full groups, so the ones in the full group wont count i get it. But, there are a lot of 7 and 6 mans that run around, so make you target every person you come across in game and don't attack until you count to make sure they have 8 ppl. Hell mezz a group, count them, if they are less than 8, just target and /tag and run away haha

Keep / Tower areas are excluded from the command.
Sun 27 Dec 2020 8:31 PM by Simon73
and you need to be very close... i tried at moreless 1500/2000 loc and it gives invalid target, so no tagging from distance just to leech rps.. well done
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics