Please tweak autogroup settings for next event

Started 7 May 2021
by Hattrick
in Ask the Team
First and foremost, I don't think autogroup should put more than 1 stealther in a group unless the whole group is stealth. Nothing is more annoying than getting put in a group with 4 stealthers. This morning I was put in a group of 4 stealthers, and when I tried to disband to get another group, I'd either get put right back into the same group or another group of 4 stealthers. That really kills the fun factor.

Secondly, it would be nice if autogroup would try to make sure the group has a healer of some sort as a priority. Maybe it is already doing this and there just aren't that many healers that aren't running in premades, but I'm at level 45 now on my first character of this event and I've been grouped with a healing class maybe 5 times total along the way.

PS: I know the answer to all this is to form my own group but until the weekend gets here, that's not really an option for me due to work.
Fri 7 May 2021 11:23 AM by Ceen
Playing with a stealther is the best that can happen to you in auto group.
Tell him to afk inside a town building for fast ports, the rest just runs around like crazy hitting everyone once and you xp 10x faster than any other autogroup.
Fri 7 May 2021 7:20 PM by Hattrick
Ceen wrote:
Fri 7 May 2021 11:23 AM
Tell him to afk inside a town building for fast ports, the rest just runs around like crazy hitting everyone once and you xp 10x faster than any other autogroup.

You're the only person I've ever heard say anything positive about getting grouped with stealthers.
Fri 7 May 2021 10:12 PM by Forlornhope
Hattrick wrote:
Fri 7 May 2021 7:20 PM
Ceen wrote:

You're the only person I've ever heard say anything positive about getting grouped with stealthers.

And the positive comment's basically just him telling you how to exploit with a stealther in your group.
Fri 7 May 2021 10:46 PM by Irkeno
There is no fix for this.

No autogroup= people stand like lemons or solo.

Autogroup=people complain their autogroup cant compete with organised groups.

Moulded autogroup=huge delay due to class type disparity.

Splitting auto/non wont prevent people joining discord and communicating and doing well either. And as the gms rightly said theyre never going to stop people playing with their friends.

Honestly, just use discord or /region and build a group if you care. Otherwise just embrace the chaos
Sat 8 May 2021 11:16 AM by Hattrick
Irkeno wrote:
Fri 7 May 2021 10:46 PM
Splitting auto/non wont prevent people joining discord and communicating and doing well either. And as the gms rightly said theyre never going to stop people playing with their friends.

Honestly, just use discord or /region and build a group if you care. Otherwise just embrace the chaos

Seems like you were mistaken
Sat 8 May 2021 3:02 PM by gotwqqd
Hattrick wrote:
Fri 7 May 2021 7:20 PM
Ceen wrote:

Or he’s a stealther getting easy progress
Mon 10 May 2021 4:22 AM by Svekt
I have mixed feelings here. Yes if I am grouped with 4 stealthers I’ll just disband and if I get regrouped with them multiples I assume timing and number of people in the bracket is the issue so I log a different level toon and play that for a few rounds and then come back and try again.

That’s being said tho, I ran with a a couple stealthers this event as a Druid in autogroups. I had a blast and there will be some footage from this in my next video. What it really boils down to is the people behind the class. The people I played with knew what roles they needed to fill and they filled them.... despite it being an auto group.

Just because you autogroup doesn’t mean you can’t take control of a group and make a game plan for how to move each fight. From there it’s following the plan and calling a kite or push direction clearly when it’s needed. Communication is everything even if it’s just in group chat and not discord.

Cheers!
Svekt or Percht the Druid from this event!
Tue 11 May 2021 9:16 PM by LaeneSeraph
I am pretty sure they are already prioritizing putting a healer and a speed class in a group as a priority. I have levelled 2 healers in the last 2 events, and I was virtually never grouped with another healer. Class/group assignments do not seem random. I think it's just true that comparatively few people are playing healers in the event. (I think it would be fascinating to see the analytics on this.)

You might be surprised by how well you can do in a group with stealthers -- archers in particular. Hold a tower and watch the sweet, sweet RPs roll in. Melee stealthers are a little rougher, but I got in some weird random group compositions that would up doing shockingly well.

All-stealth groups are great, too, and from what I saw while playing a ranger, I don't think there's code prioritizing that kind of grouping. I think that would be a really cool option. Have 2 queues, one for normal groups and one for stealth groups... although that could make for some seriously OP stealth groups, and people already complain enough about those.
Wed 12 May 2021 5:51 AM by gotwqqd
LaeneSeraph wrote:
Tue 11 May 2021 9:16 PM
I am pretty sure they are already prioritizing putting a healer and a speed class in a group as a priority. I have levelled 2 healers in the last 2 events, and I was virtually never grouped with another healer. Class/group assignments do not seem random. I think it's just true that comparatively few people are playing healers in the event. (I think it would be fascinating to see the analytics on this.)

You might be surprised by how well you can do in a group with stealthers -- archers in particular. Hold a tower and watch the sweet, sweet RPs roll in. Melee stealthers are a little rougher, but I got in some weird random group compositions that would up doing shockingly well.

All-stealth groups are great, too, and from what I saw while playing a ranger, I don't think there's code prioritizing that kind of grouping. I think that would be a really cool option. Have 2 queues, one for normal groups and one for stealth groups... although that could make for some seriously OP stealth groups, and people already complain enough about those.
Because you are one of the few that don’t opt for a premades
Thu 13 May 2021 6:34 PM by paqdizzle
Irkeno wrote:
Fri 7 May 2021 10:46 PM
There is no fix for this.

No autogroup= people stand like lemons or solo.

Autogroup=people complain their autogroup cant compete with organised groups.

Moulded autogroup=huge delay due to class type disparity.

Except if you and your "Friend" are in the same house and are on different realms. That's considered cross realming and 100% bannable.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics