Playing Field/Proving Grounds Event start day

Started 25 Jan 2021
by Takii
in Ask the Team
Hi,

I am looking for clarification on a post in the Announcements from the last event:

We are already looking forward to another one. The Contribution Collector NPCs taking your contribution for the next Playing Field. As said in the first post, at least about 3 weeks need to be between two events, so the earliest possible date would be: February, 1st.

As with many others I am looking forward to the next event, however I am wondering if you really meant that you'd be starting it on the next reboot immediately after the contribution is reached, and not the first weekend? Starting it immediately would seem like a mistake, since it's more likely to happen during the week than the weekend. Perhaps you were literally just stating Feb 1st because it's the date of the last event + 3 weeks, but Feb 1st is a Monday.

Did you mean the first weekend/Friday after the contribution has been reached?

Thanks

P.S.: @ those of you that usually only play during the event like me, log in your toons from the last event and go contribute the gold you earned during the event by buying and turning in some of the mats
Mon 25 Jan 2021 6:56 AM by Sepplord
i am expecting it to start on monday again....not everyone can play on a weekend and not everyone likes the event killing everything else going on on the server
Having it only on weekends, would basically remove 1/3rd of all weekends from normal play, which would be quite a lot (and i like the event, but still believe that would be too much).

Having it basically rotate the times when it is active achieves a balance of when the event is up for everyone
Mon 25 Jan 2021 10:24 AM by Uthred
It will start with the next reboot after the contribution on all realms hit 100% (most likely max 24h after that). It doesnt matter what day of the week it is. We are aware of the fact, that this time the event might be during weekdays and not on a weekend.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 12:08 PM by PoisonClovers
And some cant play on weekends, so the ones farming to make this happen on a weekday. /hats off
Mon 25 Jan 2021 1:46 PM by Takii
Fair points. I guess I'll hope it at least overlaps a bit with the weekend
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:31 AM by SlowMo
Good to hear that the next event is coming.

Are there any adjustments to the last time?
Just curious because there where plenty of ideas/suggestions after the last one.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:41 AM by Uthred
No changes planned so far.
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:32 AM by DJ2000
Wasn't there a Map change planned?
Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:58 AM by Uthred
Yes, that might be a thing. But not 100% sure yet. So for now no changes planned, but there are still some days until the event will start.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 10:34 AM by Kaldoris
Hi there,

so anyway to know more precisely when it starts ?

thx
Sun 31 Jan 2021 1:36 PM by Uthred
Tuesday, Feb 2nd, 6pm CET ---> https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/announcements/28056-the-letter-playing-field-event#p155846
Sun 31 Jan 2021 5:31 PM by Shad304
I do not understand why they are starting the event on Tuesday and closing it on early Friday evening. I would bet that is the worst possible time for event success that they could have chosen. I might get to play for a few hours if I am lucky on those weeknights and certain nights I will not be able to play any. However, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday are usually wide open for gaming. I would really like for the Phoenix team to reconsider the Tuesday start date and think about moving it to Friday. If the event stays the way it is now I believe the participation numbers will be way down. For the future a start date other that Friday should not be an option. For all those who have contributed some much money and materials into this event and then finding out that they will barely get to play in the event....it just isn't right. Phoenix team please reconsider the start date.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 5:56 PM by evert
Shad304 wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 5:31 PM
I do not understand why they are starting the event on Tuesday and closing it on early Friday evening. I would bet that is the worst possible time for event success that they could have chosen. I might get to play for a few hours if I am lucky on those weeknights and certain nights I will not be able to play any. However, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday are usually wide open for gaming. I would really like for the Phoenix team to reconsider the Tuesday start date and think about moving it to Friday. If the event stays the way it is now I believe the participation numbers will be way down. For the future a start date other that Friday should not be an option. For all those who have contributed some much money and materials into this event and then finding out that they will barely get to play in the event....it just isn't right. Phoenix team please reconsider the start date.

It’s really tiring to see people being so selfish. You want it during the weekend when you have time, plenty of people want it during the week when they have time. The last event was during the weekend and the next one will be too. I’m sure you can wait 3 weeks. It’s not all about you.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 5:58 PM by Patron
We player decide when fields are open with donation for banished, not the staff. Banished can open the gate for 3 days, after that, portal collapse.

Again, its not staff decision when event starting.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:02 PM by Arcane360
evert wrote:
Shad304 wrote:

It’s really tiring to see people being so selfish. You want it during the weekend when you have time, plenty of people want it during the week when they have time. The last event was during the weekend and the next one will be too. I’m sure you can wait 3 weeks. It’s not all about you.

I mean statistically it would have more population if it were to start on a weekend. Asking someone to wait another 3 weeks is being rude. He just was asking to have it moved another few days, which doesnt seem that big a deal. TBH if you can't stand someone posting their thoughts, then you should consider taking a break from this board, just saying. Maybe 3 weeks will do.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:04 PM by Shad304
[/quote]

I respect your opinion and I am glad you are voicing it on the forums. I just wish there was one place in the world where people could disagree without being disrespectful. I voiced my opinion and you are free to voice yours but being rude isn't needed.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:07 PM by evert
Arcane360 wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:02 PM
evert wrote:
Shad304 wrote:

I mean statistically it would have more population if it were to start on a weekend. Asking someone to wait another 3 weeks is being rude. He just was asking to have it moved another few days, which doesnt seem that big a deal. TBH if you can't stand someone posting their thoughts, then you should consider taking a break from this board, just saying. Maybe 3 weeks will do.

You are asking people who don’t have time during the weekend to wait forever, but saying that it will fit your timetable next time is rude, ok.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:43 PM by Heini
I mean its totally clear that most of the People have more time to play at the Weekend and this is not even a point to argue!
I can see the point that theres also some People who cant play on Weekend.

But you can satisfie all to just move the event from wednesday to saturday that everyone can take part in the event and everything is fine!
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:50 PM by evert
Heini wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:43 PM
I mean its totally clear that most of the People have more time to play at the Weekend and this is not even a point to argue!
I can see the point that theres also some People who cant play on Weekend.

But you can satisfie all to just move the event from wednesday to saturday that everyone can take part in the event and everything is fine!

Or to satisfy everyone we can have some events on the weekend, and some during the week! Very nice solution.

We can even add an option to extend the event so each one covers both! Even better!
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:53 PM by Ladylofty
Personally I love that it’s weekday with the option to extend through the weekend if we contribute. I own 5 axe throwing facilities and we work our asses off Thursday-Sunday so I still make time for the weekend leveling event but it is hectic. I am sure those complaining about the weekday event can muster the ability to do the same. However, a couple thoughts on having it weekday and ending Friday. First, it won’t kill weekend rvr AND probably increase numbers since many will have fresh new 50’s to play with. Second, the weekend warriors could if so inclined contribute to extend the event through the weekend making it a win for all. Anyway, thanks for the option of the event I have enjoyed it every time.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 7:50 PM by gotwqqd
Ladylofty wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 6:53 PM
Personally I love that it’s weekday with the option to extend through the weekend if we contribute. I own 5 axe throwing facilities and we work our asses off Thursday-Sunday so I still make time for the weekend leveling event but it is hectic. I am sure those complaining about the weekday event can muster the ability to do the same. However, a couple thoughts on having it weekday and ending Friday. First, it won’t kill weekend rvr AND probably increase numbers since many will have fresh new 50’s to play with. Second, the weekend warriors could if so inclined contribute to extend the event through the weekend making it a win for all. Anyway, thanks for the option of the event I have enjoyed it every time.
Same

If they want weekend they just need to contribute to extend it
Sun 31 Jan 2021 9:47 PM by Takii
I only play here during the event and while it's absolutely better for me for the events to always take place Fri-Sun, I'm also reasonable enough to understand why it is not setup that way on purpose. As others have pointed out, the event more or less kills the rest of the server for 3 days and for some people the week is better than weekend (even if it is a fairly small % of the overall pop).

Given the popularity of the event, I think it's reasonable to expect it to more often than not start on the first day it can start again, which means it will basically move forwards 3 days every time it happens, so the next time would be Fri-Sun (or Sat-Mon, not super clear).

If you think that's unfair you probably need to re-evaluate your definition of that word.
Sun 31 Jan 2021 11:46 PM by SaintRon
Takii wrote:
Sun 31 Jan 2021 9:47 PM
I only play here during the event and while it's absolutely better for me for the events to always take place Fri-Sun, I'm also reasonable enough to understand why it is not setup that way on purpose. As others have pointed out, the event more or less kills the rest of the server for 3 days and for some people the week is better than weekend (even if it is a fairly small % of the overall pop).

Given the popularity of the event, I think it's reasonable to expect it to more often than not start on the first day it can start again, which means it will basically move forwards 3 days every time it happens, so the next time would be Fri-Sun (or Sat-Mon, not super clear).

If you think that's unfair you probably need to re-evaluate your definition of that word.

You said yourself is a relatively small % of the player base that benefits from this so your last statement doesn't really make sense.

Let's just make the next event AM only while we're at it. I'm sure that will benefit someone.
Mon 1 Feb 2021 1:04 AM by Takii
I think you missed the part where everything else on the server basically stops during the event. Not everyone wants to participate in this event. I don't see how it's fair to people who play this server regularly to have every 3rd weekend of their playtime effectively get canceled by people like me who only play during the event.

Like I said, if the 3 week minimum time starts when the event ends, then one out of every 2 events will overlap the weekend. That sounds like a pretty reasonable compromise to me.
Sun 7 Feb 2021 10:26 AM by evert
Shad304 wrote:
If the event stays the way it is now I believe the participation numbers will be way down.

Mon 8 Feb 2021 4:01 AM by SaintRon
Takii wrote:
Mon 1 Feb 2021 1:04 AM
I think you missed the part where everything else on the server basically stops during the event. Not everyone wants to participate in this event. I don't see how it's fair to people who play this server regularly to have every 3rd weekend of their playtime effectively get canceled by people like me who only play during the event.

Like I said, if the 3 week minimum time starts when the event ends, then one out of every 2 events will overlap the weekend. That sounds like a pretty reasonable compromise to me.

It really doesn't stop, but slows down. That being said I really don't see a problem with everything stopping for a few days for a different activity.
Fri 19 Feb 2021 9:10 PM by Kaldoris
The new 6 weeks instead of 3 and unextendable is nice, makes everyone happy. Still possible to lvl a toon everyonce in a while without gimping too much the server activity.

note to myself: will be now more challenging to pick the right next class to lvl
Fri 19 Feb 2021 10:10 PM by gotwqqd
Kaldoris wrote:
Fri 19 Feb 2021 9:10 PM
The new 6 weeks instead of 3 and unextendable is nice, makes everyone happy. Still possible to lvl a toon everyonce in a while without gimping too much the server activity.

note to myself: will be now more challenging to pick the right next class to lvl
Sadly for pug/casual it’s a move(no extension) that further restricts them from obtaining a RR5L5 character. Which IMO would be a good rank where you feel competitive.

I still hope there are considerations for being able to STAY in the event zone for 6 weeks until the next event as long as you are still sub RR5. Only for characters that start and stay in the event
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics