Is there a statement on the vision for what this game will be ?

Started 12 Jul 2018
by Shadanwolf
in Ask the Team
I would like to know where this game is going in its development. Can someone paint a picture of what it will be like ? Or is that vision still uncertain ?
Thu 12 Jul 2018 2:41 PM by Pao
This server needs a lading page with the setting.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 5:16 PM by Moondragon
There is a WIKI here: http://playphoenix.wiki/

It doesn't have a "vision" kind of thing but I believe it was Customized 1.65 (pre-ToA). What is "customized" is seen in the wiki link.

But I agree, a landing site that describes the server and setting is probably a good idea.
Thu 12 Jul 2018 10:42 PM by relvinian
I would ask for some direction on this beta. Surely we aren't testing xp. Once we determine what a reasonable rate of xp is, won't we be able to use level to quickly test different things and classes?
Fri 13 Jul 2018 5:58 AM by Galahad
Hi,

1) regarding the suggestion that we need a website - yes, agreed. It's been discussed, and will hopefully happen in the not too distant future.

2) regarding the direction for beta - yes, there will be a /level option at some point. But after all the revisions during alpha and general development, we are currently just watching over everyones' shoulder to see how the game is perceived, where obvious problems pop up (see issue tracker) and what sort of suggestions are brought to us. There are number of things that need to be looked at before progressing to the next stage of beta - including spells, mob abilities, quests and other dev busywork to implement new features and make everything run smooth.

Finally, since the question about the "vision" came up, the short version would be:

A server that is designed in the spirit, but not the precise details of "classic" DAoC to offer a nostalgic experience without disregarding both the changed circumstances of the players or ignoring useful gameplay enhancements.

What this means is: 1.65 target patch level plus QoLs (see our wiki for details) and "enhancements" to some of the game systems like keeps or the PvE challenge mode.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics