How does the Worldbuild team approach the work queue?

Started 21 May 2018
by Haruspex
in Ask the Team
Disclaimer: I want to say up front that I am not accusing any of the staff of bias or anything, I just had some curiosity on how a project as large as this gets approached.

Firstly, thanks for the recent news update @Flea, it's great to get updates with progress mentioned. Being able to see behind the curtain is very encouraging! One particular part of the post interested me (who am I kidding, ALL of it interested me haha) and that was the World Build update. The locations listed, except for two, are all exlusively Midgard zones. (this is why I posted the disclaimer)

How does it get decided what gets worked on? Do you simply choose a realm and then work your way through until it's complete and then move on to the next?

If that is true, I think it's very good for the server as it would indicate that the entire world, SI and classic, are going to receive the polish and attention required to truly make this server a place that will thrive.
Sun 27 May 2018 11:39 PM by Haruspex
Well. I thought it an interesting question. Apparently the staff don't.
Sun 27 May 2018 11:50 PM by Wilfu
Pretty sure the team has a schedule/list of items that needed worked on and they either pick one to work on that day and update the list or they have a set group that works on each section.

The logical course would be to have teams working on diffrent areas based on their experience and skill. So based on logic i would assume the team works in teams and based off lists of completed vrs non-completed items. If something is broken that would go to the Q/A team and they would dish the issue to the correct team. This is how modern game companies work and i doubt this team works much diffrent.
Mon 28 May 2018 7:36 AM by Vivien
Wilfu wrote:
Sun 27 May 2018 11:50 PM
Pretty sure the team has a schedule/list of items that needed worked on and they either pick one to work on that day and update the list or they have a set group that works on each section.

The logical course would be to have teams working on diffrent areas based on their experience and skill. So based on logic i would assume the team works in teams and based off lists of completed vrs non-completed items. If something is broken that would go to the Q/A team and they would dish the issue to the correct team. This is how modern game companies work and i doubt this team works much diffrent.

Sorry Haruspex for not answering earlier. But sometimes we read a post, something distracts you on discord, or you are at work and then you forget to get back to it.
We are all human.

Wilfu got it down pretty much how we work.
Mon 28 May 2018 8:08 AM by Haruspex
Thank you both for replying, Wilfu for your insight and Vivien for clarifying.

I did not mean to imply that you have to run around after us forum posters. I apologize if I came off poorly and thank you for confirming. The inner workings of things is something I'm very curious about.
Mon 28 May 2018 8:51 AM by Vivien
No offense taken

We really try to stay on things and answer where we can and keep everyone informed
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics