Experience Clarification

Started 6 Jun 2018
by colechar
in Ask the Team
In the announcements, you detailed how experience will work and provided an example of a level 50 character killing a mob worth 42 million XP while grouped with seven level one characters. In that example, the level one characters only received two XP points. My question is, are those two XP points just the base XP or does that include all the other potential bonuses (group, camp bonus, social, frontier, relic, keep)? In other words, would those level one characters actually receive more than two XP due to the bonuses?

Additionally, you specified how the base XP for each of those level one characters will be calculated. Do you know how that calculation works on the live servers? I'd be curious to compare.

Thank you.
Wed 6 Jun 2018 6:20 PM by Kiebla
Hi
I thought the example in the original announcement was quite clear that the xp values identified as received by the level 1s was just the the base XP, unless I have misunderstood.
Can’t comment on the second question.
K
Wed 6 Jun 2018 11:34 PM by colechar
On the surface, it seems as though this system will make power leveling less effective (which is probably a good thing). More importantly, it really encourages grouping with people near your own level, and should promote people to accept different classes.
It looks great to me but I'm a number cruncher and I was curious to compare it to the current system.
Fri 8 Jun 2018 7:13 AM by gruenesschaf
The base xp is distributed and bonuses are then calculated for everyone based on the base xp they received. The normal daoc behavior would be to take the base xp and divide it by the number of group members with some special handling for when the group members are not in the same level range.
We have the same base xp per mob, we're just not dividing it by the group size (instead we reduce it by 8% per group member), so our mobs effectively have a greater XP pool once you're in a group.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics