AoE Mezz duration according to range from center?

Started 13 May 2021
by Centenario
in Ask the Team
I have had a look at the patch notes for v1.52 and I found this:
In RvR only, area effect Mesmerization spells have been modified so that the duration effect of the mez spell is lessened the farther the player is from the center of the area of effect. The duration is 100% at the middle of the area, and it tails off to 50% duration at the edges. This does NOT change the way area effect spells work against monsters, only realm enemies (i.e. enemy players and enemy realm guards).

Is this still true on phoenix?
Thu 13 May 2021 10:15 AM by paqdizzle
Centenario wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 10:12 AM
I have had a look at the patch notes for v1.52 and I found this:
In RvR only, area effect Mesmerization spells have been modified so that the duration effect of the mez spell is lessened the farther the player is from the center of the area of effect. The duration is 100% at the middle of the area, and it tails off to 50% duration at the edges. This does NOT change the way area effect spells work against monsters, only realm enemies (i.e. enemy players and enemy realm guards).

Is this still true on phoenix?

If it managed to stay in untill 1.65 yes, if not, probably not. On the "About us" section it states the game's foundation is said to be 1.65
Thu 13 May 2021 10:24 AM by Centenario
I skimmed through patchnotes 1.52 to 1.67 and didnt see it reversed.
Thu 13 May 2021 10:30 AM by DJ2000
I could have answered you, but i doubt you care for an answer, unless its from a Dev.
So how about, instead of waiting and posting every 10 min of inactivity, simply log to your Sorc and run to the nearest enemy tower/keep and mezz the furthest left/right Guard and check if your targets mezz duration is the same as the outer ones?
Thu 13 May 2021 10:34 AM by Centenario
I can't log in from work
Maybe in 5 hours.
Thu 13 May 2021 4:25 PM by Centenario
Just tested, its not the case, its full duration for any target in the AoE
Thu 13 May 2021 5:07 PM by gruenesschaf
Centenario wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 4:25 PM

For any target that is not a player or pet.
Thu 13 May 2021 6:28 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 5:07 PM
Centenario wrote:

Called it (clicky, clicky).
Thu 13 May 2021 8:13 PM by Centenario
Right I meant i tested on guard, and not the case for any guard target in the AoE
Fri 14 May 2021 6:02 AM by DJ2000
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 6:28 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 13 May 2021 5:07 PM
Centenario wrote:

Called it (clicky, clicky).

Im almost certain that he already knew about the Player interaction part, he has been around for while after all.

It was the Part in that old Patch note that specifically mentioned the "Enemy realm Guards" that could be unclear here on phoenix, unless you accidently ran into this issue year(s) ago, like you and me apparently both did.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics