Amnesia interupting RA's?

Started 2 Feb 2021
by Lollie
in Ask the Team
I've just been looking on the grab bag on the live servers and someone asked if Amnesia interupts casting a RA, they response was it does as long as you time it right, i was just wondering if it does here?
Tue 2 Feb 2021 9:17 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Amnesia in the first half of any spell will reset the cast, but not the animation.
Tue 2 Feb 2021 10:37 AM by Lollie
So if i spam it on Pilz when he does his sos to lords room to dump his load then it would spoil his fun?
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:07 AM by Sepplord
You can only stop RA's with a casttime, so TWF, NM or Ichor. Instants can be cancelled as they go off when pressed, there is no timeframe to cancel it.

So you couldn't stop SoS, but you can stop people from dropping the DMG-fields
Tue 2 Feb 2021 11:24 AM by DJ2000
That's what i thought too.

During the last days+Weekend we tried several times to MoC+AoE Amnesia spam with 2 Healers every time the Lord Room was rushed.

Not sure if it had an impact at all, as every time there was a Twf and at least 2-3 NM (and the occasional Ichor), even though we kept spamming it.
Maybe it did help, hard to tell.

What ever the case. Intended or not, afaik Amnesia did not seem to stop/delay/prevent targets to fire off RAs out of SoS (Speed of Sound).
Tue 2 Feb 2021 12:10 PM by Sepplord
i definitely had my TWF-cast stopped once (actually multiple times, but on one occasion) by amnesia.
No SoS though, so maybe that is part of it

A thing to keep in mind tohugh is that someone could get lucky and resist both (or even more) amnesias during the 2sec casttime, which would then not stop the cast but work as an ordinary interrupt.
Tue 2 Feb 2021 12:39 PM by DJ2000
Me too several times actually, open field Ichor, VP and TWF.

SoS is special, as "attempting to cast" NM, TWF (Ichor) itself does not cancel the SoS effect.

But again, as i said, it's hard to tell when big numbers collide in a rather small environment.
To many people involved to get a clear picture, as to know what exactly happened or not
The (desired) effect the 2x AoE Amnesia were supposed to have, did not occur.

Maybe try with 4+ healers next time. There will be plenty of opportunities, I'm sure of it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics