DAOC Phoenix - Tempyst 1.0 - Reaver

Started 22 Aug 2020
by jpgaskell
in Videos
First attempt at capturing and editing DAOC Phoenix gameplay.
Solo and duo fights, RR7, Alerion Knight.

At 7l5 I respec'd to try TWF for the first time, so placing that is still a learning curve.
Really enjoyed capturing the footage and editing the video, BUT I definitely need to remap my record key

https://youtu.be/Y4BljRRHGwY

- Tempyst
Sat 22 Aug 2020 5:46 PM by Eldoktor
What i see is a nice bug exploit from Uehara the bard straffing with 2% hp to run away from you xD
But yeah, considering they never ban even when you're doing it on videos....why bother
Sat 22 Aug 2020 6:25 PM by Neso
^ @ 15.44
"Don't you do that again!" - GM probably
Sat 22 Aug 2020 6:49 PM by Freedomcall
What's the point of using Blacksnake btw?
If you are trying to be defensive waiting for reactionary styles, why not use Boomslang instead?
Sat 22 Aug 2020 7:01 PM by Freedomcall
Neso wrote:
Sat 22 Aug 2020 6:25 PM
^ @ 15.44
"Don't you do that again!" - GM probably

Wow that's such an asshole.
They don't do anything about side strafe bug exploit?
I mean, I know there is nothing devs can do to fix this bug, but there should be at least punishment for it.
Sat 22 Aug 2020 9:17 PM by protege
Some questionable fights in there tbh
Sun 23 Aug 2020 7:26 AM by Rhox
Dude awesome video...... my favorite part is all the clicking! Second favorite part the adding!!!! 10/10 I shared it on facebook!
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:21 AM by jpgaskell
@Eldoktor, @Neso, @Freedomcall - I reported it to a GM directly in discord and provided him with the video evidence. As far as I can tell no ban was handed down. I kept an eye on the ban forums as a follow-up and don't recall seeing Uehara. I guess that indicates that it's an OK maneuver?
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:24 AM by jpgaskell
@Freedomcall @Protege - Honestly not my best grouping of fights that I could have put into the video. I changed a few hotkeys during this stretch of time and I missed some basic combos in there. Also, I tried to add clips that I thought were more interesting and not just me blowing through a quick fight.

BUT the coolest part is that I watched so much video putting this together that I noticed I was royally screwing up a combo that I use quite often in fights. I remapped a few keys and voila, so much more effective. That's the plus side to quarterbacking your own fights after the fact. You notice all of the things you could have done better!
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:25 AM by jpgaskell
@Rhox Thanks! I prefer clicking with the Reaver for whatever reason. To each their own. I leave the keys for weapon switching, style combos, and a few other key bindings.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:46 AM by Loki
You should add TWFing lowbies in PoC to next video, or changing chars to complain I'm using radar to beat you
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:55 AM by jpgaskell
@Loki Thanks! You are correct. I did accuse you of using radar, but this is way before I realized you never leave Uppland. You know that terrain like the back of your hand. Any movement and you're on top of it. But since you don't leave very often, you might not know that enemies that are not quite level 50 still con as yellow. And I know that you would never run into a full group of maybe level 45-50 players solo. The instance you're referring to I actually caught on video too so you can see what that might look like going in outnumbered.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:08 AM by Loki
Its funny cus I mostly fought you at Glenlock, where you camp for lowbies going PoC ... and thats in Jamtland last time I check.
But keep using borrowed ideas, since you can't come up with your own. I camp where the lamest people are, and thats usually Uppland yes.

At least you learned how "last attacker " works, but you're too much of a child to admit it. Still waiting for a ban or a GM contacting me about my "radar" .

And btw no group of 50s will ever farm yellow mobs in PoC, just so you know. But you're aware of that, which is why you went and did the same thing to the same people, so you can boost your stats and come here next year bragging about your solo kills. Im done embarrassing you, you're doing ok on your own in your videos.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:13 AM by Freedomcall
jpgaskell wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:21 AM
@Eldoktor, @Neso, @Freedomcall - I reported it to a GM directly in discord and provided him with the video evidence. As far as I can tell no ban was handed down. I kept an eye on the ban forums as a follow-up and don't recall seeing Uehara. I guess that indicates that it's an OK maneuver?

That sucks, I gotta start using sidestepping when on low hp as well then
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:14 AM by jpgaskell
@Loki - This is true. The last time we fought 1v1 was weeks ago around Glenlock when I was rr4 or so.

Honestly man, I had fun editing the video, adding music, going through some footage and wanted to share it with other people in the community. I did a search for your name on the forums and it looks like you mostly troll/flame people. I'm sorry that you're such an angry person and find joy in such things.

Best of luck out there. Engaging with trolls isn't my idea of fun, unless it's a Warrior.

Edit: You aren't embarrassing me at all. In fact, people who flame (such as yourself) assume that your degenerative behavior would even land on my radar. Spoiler, it doesn't.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:30 AM by Loki
Last time we fought , you were 6L8 a month ago .. but we can round it up to rr4.

As for flaming, I dont think you can call me comprehensively responding to Noashakras constant insults flaming. But it is a well known thing sociopaths do, when they notice they can't control someone, they will try to control how they are seen by others. Thats the explanation to your suddenly calm demeanor , not like anything I saw ingame hey if lying about who you really are on the internet floats your boat, be my guest . I will be miserable and you'll be happy adios, clown

P.S. I bet you log on your mid char to check whos in PoC too, you buffoon
Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:46 AM by jpgaskell
@Freedomcall - Although to be fair I still should have gotten him. If you go back watch the video I accidentally cast my second DoT on him while the first was still active, so as he was strafing I had nothing else to cast! If you watch closely you can see my mouse frantically trying to find something to hit him with.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 6:49 AM by Beckett
Stop with the personal attacks and insults or this thread will be locked. Keep it civil please.
Mon 24 Aug 2020 9:56 AM by Ele
jpgaskell wrote:
Mon 24 Aug 2020 2:21 AM
Sidestrafing when on low health is a bug exploit. If it's the first offence, the player just gets a warning, and those don't show on the forums.

On the video: I always liked the idea of being honest in videos, showing fights where you make mistakes, get zerged down etc. Clearly got some entertainment out of the video, thanks for uploading.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics