I can see some 6-7 L already ?? How do you find time to actually test stuff ???

Started 9 Aug 2018
by Kha
in Tavern
I can see some 6-7 L already ?? How do you find time to actually test stuff ???
More than one player on the acc ? Or just doesn't test anything ?

Good achievements, but remember, we are here to test (and have fun) but test for server glitches mainly until beta is done.
I try to mix both, please, find some time to do so.

Have fun everyone, and gratz on beta High RR Ra dump groups !
Thu 9 Aug 2018 3:03 PM by Quik
Dev's have stated right now to just play how you want and let the bugs find you basically.

Just do what you want to do and don't worry about others =)
Thu 9 Aug 2018 3:06 PM by Kha
Well the idea is, the more we test, and are active around actual testing, the faster it will be.
Having 1000 plats and 10.000.000 rps is fine, but doesn't help much on a beta.

Still we need some fun and RVR test i agree.
However ... we still got some work to do. Staff can't do all.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 3:10 PM by Quik
https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=984

Actually if you read, the dev's stated they need nothing special right now. Another thread mentions them not needing much until they implement /50.

So again, there is no need for people to not play how they want. Dev's will let us know more later when they do need help.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 3:26 PM by Ceen
Well if you feel like activley searching for bugs thats fine. I for now enjoy the tiny bit of RvR thats going on
Thu 9 Aug 2018 5:10 PM by heardstheword
Allows them to test RA's to see what's working.

Also they're probably changing (testing) different specs, which means at least they're covering their class a ton.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 5:28 PM by Joc
Yeah running solo and grouped in rvr I've found half a dozen bugs so far. I submit them and so far 3 of them have been fixed and 2 others have been assigned. Only one bug I've found so far has yet to be addressed, so I feel the staff is doing an amazing job so far. There are over 1k bugs submit and it seems they are getting knocked out quickly.

They are far more active and transparent than live or the other freeshard.

Keep up the good work.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 5:39 PM by daocgod
I'm 6L and have submitted probably 10 bugs that are related to the part of the game that actually matters.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 7:08 PM by Niix
I hope they do something about RR10-11 groups 1 month into the server being able to dominate any new group coming out... it only increases their rps and lowers other groups I’ve always felt the power gained from realm abilities is just so high that it ruins the competitive edge for anyone new
Thu 9 Aug 2018 8:29 PM by Ceen
Niix wrote:
Thu 9 Aug 2018 7:08 PM
I hope they do something about RR10-11 groups 1 month into the server being able to dominate any new group coming out... it only increases their rps and lowers other groups I’ve always felt the power gained from realm abilities is just so high that it ruins the competitive edge for anyone new
Please dont beat that dead horse again.
Thu 9 Aug 2018 9:38 PM by Niix
Ceen wrote:
Thu 9 Aug 2018 8:29 PM
Niix wrote:
How is it a dead horse lol? You don’t think it’s an issue? I mean rr7 should not be achievable from a server creation within a month (ESPECIALLY with beta population)...

I feel like it is totally relevant if the server population is not sufficient and remains sufficient.
Fri 10 Aug 2018 4:07 AM by rubaduck
I do understand that some people are worried about getting spanked, and looking at RR's may be intimidating, but I would rather have someone actually go that far and test everything so that we know it works as intended when it first hits live.
Fri 10 Aug 2018 7:15 PM by Quik
Niix wrote:
Thu 9 Aug 2018 9:38 PM
Ceen wrote:
Thu 9 Aug 2018 8:29 PM
Niix wrote:
How is it a dead horse lol? You don’t think it’s an issue? I mean rr7 should not be achievable from a server creation within a month (ESPECIALLY with beta population)...

I feel like it is totally relevant if the server population is not sufficient and remains sufficient.

I personally feel this will be a key issue on whether the server succeeds long term or not.

It really isn't fair to limit people in any way while gaining RL's, but on the flip side if a few groups hit that point early (you know they will) and end up destroying other groups trying to come out, I can easily see people just getting frustrated and quitting with other servers on the horizon. Grass is green on the other side is a perfect phrase for this.

Not saying it will, just saying I could see people possibly leaving for Origins (if it comes out) or maybe even trying the new and improved Uthgard.

I really hope the dev's have a plan for this to try to keep everyone involved.
Fri 10 Aug 2018 9:02 PM by Armsmancer
Kinda hate seeing shaming posts like this. Really dude, "Actually test stuff?" Sounds like we got a non pvper who is going to nag and complain what other people do with their time. Stop liking what this guy doesn't like everyone!

Grow up
Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:44 AM by relvinian
I believe it will be :

1. Neutral df at first.
2. No keep takes for set period of time.
3. Hopefully no rp events for awhile.

That should prevent one side from getting really fast start on others.

Hopefully we can report broken and unbalanced situations or classes/ra/abilities now.

I think maybe we could put a cap on RR to like 5 for the first month as well. You can cap one toon, then go make another.

The highest population peaks on a server during the first few months, after that population stabilizes.

So maybe max rr 5 first 30 days, max rr 6 for next 30 days after that, then turn off limits. At least that way new players will compete in the same population environment and can get up to speed faster.

NEVER NEVER NEVER should there be rp events, ie 2x rps 50% more rps, etc. In my opinion.
Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:59 AM by relvinian
Also, I predict a large jump in rr an rps after the event of today as the set groups farm pugs and so forth.

It looked like a lot of fun. My idea for that would be to do it in the bgs, rather than a special event. that increases rps for low rrs and prevents high rr from dominating.

Can you imagine how crazy the ball game event would be in thid?
Sat 11 Aug 2018 11:30 PM by relvinian
people said ingame one alb group got 160k and someone said he got 125k and many got 100k rps.

That's day one, events going on for rest of weekend?
Sun 12 Aug 2018 6:51 AM by rubaduck
I could only play for a couple of hours last night and nettet 25k.

Just group up pugs and run with a zerg if you don't have a guild group to play with.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 5:09 PM by Cirath
Who cares if people got a lot of RP's in last weekends event (they surely did). Its a BETA, everything is getting wiped anyways. People had fun, alot of RvR abilities got tested in REAL RvR situations. Good god do folks whine alot. Just go out and enjoy yourselves instead of always thinking up ways you are disadvantaged.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 6:00 PM by Niix
Cirath wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 5:09 PM
Who cares if people got a lot of RP's in last weekends event (they surely did). Its a BETA, everything is getting wiped anyways. People had fun, alot of RvR abilities got tested in REAL RvR situations. Good god do folks whine alot. Just go out and enjoy yourselves instead of always thinking up ways you are disadvantaged.

Yeah you’re right, it is beta.... and we are testing, this concern post is in reference to the current behaviour on the sever... there has been no information or direction about what will happen when server goes live and that leaves lots of concern that what is happening now will happen then. Kinda the point of beta right?

All this thread needs is a comment from a dev about the plans for events and RP bonuses early in server.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 7:06 PM by Quik
Cirath wrote:

I don't care they got the RP's in beta...the fact that they did get it in beta gives me concerns that it will make it to live.

I am not making an issue of beta on ANYTHING, but if the event comes again and people are getting 200k rp's+ in a few hours, that scares me. It scares me because it is basically saying certain people will be severely OP in a short time in RvR.

I brought this up in hopes the GM's will fix it.

You know, because its beta and we're suppose to talk about these things?
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:27 PM by rubaduck
Quik wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 7:06 PM
Cirath wrote:

I don't care they got the RP's in beta...the fact that they did get it in beta gives me concerns that it will make it to live.

I am not making an issue of beta on ANYTHING, but if the event comes again and people are getting 200k rp's+ in a few hours, that scares me. It scares me because it is basically saying certain people will be severely OP in a short time in RvR.

I brought this up in hopes the GM's will fix it.

You know, because its beta and we're suppose to talk about these things?

I do understand your concern, but are you saying that RP's for kills are too high or are you saying that people who have the time and the ability to play more than others should be limited?

I don't care if the RP's per kill are lowered or highered, as RR's are something I will get regardless but I don't want it to be adjusted because people are concerned over how fast they gain them compared to others. I have guildies in our group who have farmed 150-200 k this weekend because they played a lot in the event. I got measly 60k because I didn't have time to play as much as them but I don't see it as a problem for the gamelay all together.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:40 PM by Quik
The amount of RP's that came from the event was over the top.

I know its beta and things will change...but I am thinking live and trying to keep RP's under control for a few months while people get going.

I will say it again, if a couple groups hit 50 on the first day (you know they will) and get temped within the first few days at about the time others are just hitting 50, we will have a few uber OP groups who will basically be farming everyone.

Do I begrudge them at being faster and better? Not at all, these are the players that will be at the top. The problem will be the amount of people that will quit outright or move to another server (Uth2, Origins) because they will get frustrated here. It will happen over time but we should not have any RR5's running around as quickly as beta has had or in my personal opinion you are going to lose players.

IMHO we need to figure out a way to reduce RP's somehow. A few people had some good ideas, and one I personally liked if it could be implemented would be the farther ahead people get, the slower RP's come in. I don't feel just saying RR5 is the cap for a period of time, but I do feel it needs to be managed or you will have a few dominant groups destroying zergs. I understand these groups will be OP anyway, but add RR5 to what they can already do and now you have a few groups running in Emain while everyone else plays alts or moves on.

Having an event like the other day in the first few weeks would just trivialize RP's in favor of these insanely skilled players.

I am hoping the Dev's have a plan to keep this under control for awhile.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:51 PM by relvinian
Almost 2 million rps in one month.

This brings me back to point 1--- NEVER EVER EVER have lvl 50 events in the bgs. Have BG events in the BGs.

Not ever should there be bonus rps in the big boy rvr.

Also, are we sure the rp formula is correct?
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:15 PM by rubaduck
I'll agree that events like this saturate the RP's but, the people who you are referring to will be on top regardless of how you control the RP's. A change in RP's will never change that. They might be prohibited to get up to this point in the same time but they will still smash everyone else.

Everyone gained something on the event that was this weekend, and while some might not like that the highest of them all in RR got even more, the lowest of them all also caught up some which remedies the problem all together if you ask me.
Mon 13 Aug 2018 10:19 PM by Laadna
Quik wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:40 PM
I will say it again, if a couple groups hit 50 on the first day (you know they will) and get temped within the first few days at about the time others are just hitting 50, we will have a few uber OP groups who will basically be farming everyone.
They will just farm each other because other players will be busy stuffing themselves (rog, feathers, coin for crafted gear), and they'll have no reason to do so in frontier zones. That being said, my guess is that this event was also set up to run some tests on mass-scale RvR and to do so admins needed a lot of players in a small area.

I am more concerned about how a few people i played with (and refused to played with) see this server and behave : their only purpose seemed to gain as much RPs as they could, regardless of any realm loyalty or morale frame of mind. Hence they were abusing RA respec (and not even ashamed to explain it to me, they would probably have asked me to do it if I had access to useful leeching RAs), leeching to the point where it was beyond ridiculous, rezzing players (because they are worth RPs) but refusing to cure mez (because it would mean that these cured players would 'steal' 'their' RPs) even if that meant that they would eventually die 20 seconds later, switching realm as soon as one would get a significant advantage, trashtalking the shard developers because of bugs that lower the RPs they gain or downgrades their gaming experience (at this point you expect these players not to report any bug, because doing so would mean less RPs by the time spent to type the report), trashtalking their own realm in the broadcast channel because other people do not behave the way they expect them to behave (meaning they do not crash into enemy buses and let them leech and run away).

I really hope these are very few players, because they really made me sick.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 1:49 AM by rubaduck
This is a beta, and all progress will at one point be deleted and everyone has to start anew. People's mindset though can't be changed but I am glad someone gain ranks so that me and our group can get more off them again. It's an endless cycle and some can't be changed. Our group helped demezz and rezz throughout the event and moved as a team and with our respected zerg to do both 8v8, capture the ball and zerg fight. It was a very fun weekend.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 6:06 AM by Icculus
I think a fairly reasonable change would be adjusting the RP formula to more heavily weight RR difference, much like it currently is for level differences. A cap seems pretty ridiculous, people should be able to progress as much as they like given the time and effort they put in. But greatly reducing the RPs that a RR6+ group gets from rolling a RR3 group would slow the gap from widening quite as fast.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 8:07 AM by Gohanssj
relvinian wrote:
Mon 13 Aug 2018 9:51 PM
Almost 2 million rps in one month.

This brings me back to point 1--- NEVER EVER EVER have lvl 50 events in the bgs. Have BG events in the BGs.

Not ever should there be bonus rps in the big boy rvr.

Also, are we sure the rp formula is correct?
The RP formulae is great here. 6 players get the same as they always got 7 and 8 slightly less than before (so despite all the whine 8 man actually rp up slower here) 5 4 slightly more. Trio get like 700 each a kill duo 1k each solo 2k. So really encourages solo/small man which I'm a huge fan of
Tue 14 Aug 2018 3:05 PM by relvinian
I had a conversation with someone ingame about a bug I reported and they were talking about how they used that bug and it was great.

I explained it was a bug and they continues saying it shouldn't be fixed, etc.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:03 PM by Quik
relvinian wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 3:05 PM
I had a conversation with someone ingame about a bug I reported and they were talking about how they used that bug and it was great.

I explained it was a bug and they continues saying it shouldn't be fixed, etc.

LOL back when eggs were introduced I was playing Alb. You were able to put them in your account vault.

I had reported it as a bug and someone in game asked if it was possible, so I replied with yes but it shouldn't be and that I had already bug reported it.

I had someone call me a bitch in /advice and how I was ruining the best parts of the game by reporting the bugs...

What scares me the most are the bugs that aren't getting reported and that people will abuse when it goes live.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 7:56 PM by relvinian
It is human nature. But yeah, after live, the devs may have to be ready to rollback if someone saved their best bugs for duping or something stupid.
Tue 14 Aug 2018 11:26 PM by UnknownAssailant
Put a Daily Limit on how many RPs you can gain. 25K RPs per day.

The Discord groups that take turns rolling over farming one another will be pissed off, but everyone else will be fine.
Wed 15 Aug 2018 12:30 AM by Varano
The correct answer is... No RPs for first 2 weeks.. You're welcome.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 5:09 PM by rubaduck
UnknownAssailant wrote:
Tue 14 Aug 2018 11:26 PM
Put a Daily Limit on how many RPs you can gain. 25K RPs per day.

The Discord groups that take turns rolling over farming one another will be pissed off, but everyone else will be fine.

Is there any proof of this?

I have seen a lot of 8 man action where we use unwritten rules like all group members /sit if we have an afk at which point an alb group left us alone (Thanks btw) until we were ready to groups not adding on 8 man fights out of respect for each other (usually Albs and Hibs don't add but mids is free game game for the moment if you ask me), to not zerging smallmans as 8, unless they add on an 8 man fight (again, free game after that) to not killing soloers or grays. These unwritten rules has been in the game for as long as I can remember, and while they are not being forced on you, some still abide by.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:22 PM by Vkejai
I was sitting xping solo and in groups, not once has anyone left me or the groups I was in alone. It's more to the point of oh I know that guy and his group there, we will leave them alone. Stupid rule, if you out in frontier sitting afk you deserve to be killed. Just like all the other guys xping out there.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:32 PM by Quik
Vkejai wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:22 PM
I was sitting xping solo and in groups, not once has anyone left me or the groups I was in alone. It's more to the point of oh I know that guy and his group there, we will leave them alone. Stupid rule, if you out in frontier sitting afk you deserve to be killed. Just like all the other guys xping out there.

This.

This is a realm vs realm game. If people want to leave small mans alone, they can. If they don't want to, they don't have to.

Plz don't act like there are unwritten rules as this isn't baseball.

Yes at times some 8mans will leave a soloer alone, other times they won't. Some people get mad when they get ganked by an 8 man, others don't.

The rule is simple, written or unwritten, red is dead and that is the only rule.

Some people are nicer than others and won't kill greys, some aren't and that doesn't mean they are breaking any rules for killing them.

AFK means nothing other than an easy kill.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:41 PM by heardstheword
I don't kill greys that are just hanging out, because they aren't harming me. Back when DF was open they would never jump in on a fight if I jumped a 50 near one of the entrances. Even now I'll sometimes log in DF, and if I find nothing but greys I'll just let one of them kill me. Figured it makes someone happy for a few moments to get some XP and RPs. I know it would make me happy to have that happen.

Live by your own code.

If you want to kill the enemy realm, do it up. If you would rather leave them be, then do that too. You're your own human. Don't let anyone tell you how to experience DAoC, especially when it's well within the rules to do so.
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:44 PM by Quik
heardstheword wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:41 PM
I don't kill greys that are just hanging out, because they aren't harming me. Back when DF was open they would never jump in on a fight if I jumped a 50 near one of the entrances. Even now I'll sometimes log in DF, and if I find nothing but greys I'll just let one of them kill me. Figured it makes someone happy for a few moments to get some XP and RPs. I know it would make me happy to have that happen.

Live by your own code.

If you want to kill the enemy realm, do it up. If you would rather leave them be, then do that too. You're your own human. Don't let anyone tell you how to experience DAoC, especially when it's well within the rules to do so.

The only grey's I kill are those that attack me first, although if its just a reaction and I see them panicing to get away I won't bother LOL
Fri 17 Aug 2018 11:26 PM by Bigga
Quik wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:44 PM
heardstheword wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018 8:41 PM

Live by your own code.

The only grey's I kill are those that attack me first, although if its just a reaction and I see them panicing to get away I won't bother LOL

lier, seen u killing greys all the time. thats the only thing that u can do, my little zergy
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics