The Sky Is Really Falling This Time

Started 24 Jul 2021
by gruenesschaf
in Tavern
Wed 13 Oct 2021 10:34 AM by Zephyos
If I may be honest, one of the bigger reasons for people to leave is the staff.

I doubt you going to actually take this as senseful critic.
But compared to Atlas now, that is a huge difference.

You made a lot of people I know leave by just your guys behaviour.
Wed 13 Oct 2021 6:08 PM by Kurbsen
Zephyos wrote:
Wed 13 Oct 2021 10:34 AM
If I may be honest, one of the bigger reasons for people to leave is the staff.

I doubt you going to actually take this as senseful critic.
But compared to Atlas now, that is a huge difference.

You made a lot of people I know leave by just your guys behaviour.

dont worry people be saying that about atlas after they decide to change things ;p
Itachi - Bard
Mon 18 Oct 2021 6:10 PM by phixion
Although I stopped playing DAoC a while ago, this is very sad. It's obvious there is a lifecycle for DAoC, most people love a new server and a fresh start.

I just wish all the hard work was open sourced to allow other devs to build upon it, although I understand why it isn't.

Thanks for the memories and thanks to the devs for all the hard work they put in, I guess we will see Phoenix 2 when Atlas dies off.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Wed 5 Jan 2022 5:24 PM by Komaf
The wonderful thing about the I assume you meant Phoenix - Beckett shard is that for folks who did not know, the Phoenix developers were amazing, intuitive, and well-versed in programming. You could also tell they legitimately played DAoC. Atlas feels like a secret Blue Uthgard server, except Blue and friends knew how to code. While I honor anyone who gives a DAoC shard a shot (I know it must be incredibly taxing, tedious, and thankless work), I must say that while I quit the beta/alpha that is Atlas, there were at least a good number of people that I grouped with who missed what we all had or perhaps took for granted, on Phoenix (amazing how many issues compiled with Uthgard level xp grind during a 'beta' phase).

Here's to hoping Phoenix rises from the ashes (see what I did there? ;p)
Just an old DAoC (2001) veteran playing here and there to relive a few old memories.

Vauz - Necro and a ton of others.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics