"Please note the following:"

Started 25 Jun 2021
by ExcretusMaximus
in Tavern
We are currently discussing with the Banished about the future of the event. Until we come to a solution, they refuse to take any further contribution and thats why the Contribution NPCs have not been reset yet.

Considering the constant complaining by the player base about how the event is bad for the server, or how premades are ruining the fun for everyone, or how a PvP event is dominated by those with the most time and skill ... please tell us you're done with this experiment. Or at the very least making it like a twice a year thing. Please.

It kills RvR while it's active, and for a week after it's over as people recover from burn-out. That's not worth a few days of nonstop action and all the complaining it engenders (yes, I see the irony).
Fri 25 Jun 2021 5:37 PM by gotwqqd
Same can be said for the xvx
Fri 25 Jun 2021 6:43 PM by boridi
brb googling "engender"
Sat 26 Jun 2021 5:27 AM by Wakefield
Sole reason I stopped playing here was the event.

I hated it, and as everyone was in it, killed everything else.

And it became a regular thing, so I logged less and less.

Now I mainly log on for an hour to pay rent and see if anything is happening na times(which is normally dead)
Sat 26 Jun 2021 6:48 AM by evert
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 14 Jun 2021 1:55 AM
Quit whining and accept it, or leave.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:58 PM by Astaa
I had my first real go at it with a VW, got to 45 on Friday and intend to finish off tomorrow morning.

Had a blast
Mon 28 Jun 2021 6:12 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 5:37 PM

quite the contrary
there is neither a similar amount of QQ about any xVSx event, nor does anyone stop levelling in PvE to wait for the next xVSx event
Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:05 PM by Irkeno
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Considering the constant complaining by the player base about how the event is bad for the server, or how premades are ruining the fun for everyone, or how a PvP event is dominated by those with the most time and skill

Theres more qq about people getting zerged down/added on on the daily in general. The qq about this event is just over a shorter timeframe. However i'd wager that the people crying about the event, are probably the ones who normally stick zerg, or 8v1 / 8v3 people all day long.

As soon as an event comes up which caps the numerical advantage it's possible to have, those people start to qq? Oh how the turns have tabled.

Guarantee more people have quit the game from constantly being zerged down or added on by archers or just generally farmed at keep doors by trash 8mans than have quit due to this event. Not even a doubt in my mind. But this event makes those players drink the tea. Even the solo community were able to have an absolute gass in this event because it brings an element of controlled chaos and some shred of chance to fights. Far more fun in this arena than just getting waxed 1v8 and just brain afk'ing for 10mins on a boat again.

Man the fk up.

"Dominated by those with most time and skill" as a complaint is great. Dont worry you can go back to dominating with greater numbers again now we're back in real rvr! Red is dead yo! absolute Chad mentality
Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:10 PM by Sepplord
even if you hadn't pulled that quote out of context...i have a hard time making much sense of that rant?

but with the context in mind i must really wonder...

Why would you intentionally copy that quote to make it look like i am commenting on the OP and not the statement i replied to?

Sepplord wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

quite the contrary
there is neither a similar amount of QQ about any xVSx event, nor does anyone stop levelling in PvE to wait for the next xVSx event
Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:47 PM by Irkeno
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:10 PM
even if you hadn't pulled that quote out of context...i have a hard time making much sense of that rant?

but with the context in mind i must really wonder...

Why would you intentionally copy that quote to make it look like i am commenting on the OP and not the statement i replied to?

Sepplord wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

quite the contrary

my bad I misread your post. Just feels funny that the qq about this event being unfair is happening, despite the majority of RvR being 'unfair' due to vastly outnumbering opponents.

Fixed the previous post.
Mon 28 Jun 2021 1:10 PM by evert
Irkeno wrote:
Mon 28 Jun 2021 12:05 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Considering the constant complaining by the player base about how the event is bad for the server, or how premades are ruining the fun for everyone, or how a PvP event is dominated by those with the most time and skill

"Dominated by those with most time and skill"

I had missed this one, what a great quote. When I play an mmorpg I am definitely interested in one where the less I play and the worse I am, the better the outcomes!
Mon 28 Jun 2021 1:33 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Yeah guys, that's exactly my point; people whining about the skilled dominating, not the skilled actually dominating.

Reading comprehension is important.
Mon 28 Jun 2021 2:11 PM by evert
So despite all the evidence to the contrary about its popularity, some other people (definitely not you) have complaints about the event and therefore it should be stopped? Am I comprehending right here?
Mon 28 Jun 2021 2:50 PM by Sepplord
evert wrote:
Mon 28 Jun 2021 2:11 PM
So despite all the evidence to the contrary about its popularity, some other people (definitely not you) have complaints about the event and therefore it should be stopped? Am I comprehending right here?

I don't think you are, nor does it seem like you are trying to do so in good faith.

It is pretty clear from the opening post imo, not really rocket science level material:

The devs have given a hint, that they are rethinking the event, which combined with the planned PvE-rework might mean that the event won't happen again. At least not in the current implementation. And he is jumping in to give his feedback favoring that it doesn't come back.
He listed the common complaints, while acknowledging that some of those complaints are ridiculous, but still exist. And complaints aren't good for the server, regardless of how rational or irrational they are.
Additionally he gave his personal reasoning why he doesn't like the event

I can't say i agree with everything Excretus posts, often times it's the absolute opposite. But the extent of wordtwisting that has started to happen more and more with his comments really isn't fair, imo.
Mon 28 Jun 2021 2:57 PM by Magesty
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Considering the constant complaining by the player base about

No one in this thread has yet made the argument that the complaints made by the "player base" are true, only that they exist.

As much fun as it is to be outraged and assume others are arguing for equity creep that isn't what is being discussed in this case.

The event needs to be shelved for a bit. I enjoyed it a couple of times, and I think on the whole it is a really good concept, but it is happening far too frequently. The Playing Field event should be happening 1-2 times per year with a firm start and end date that includes a full weekend. This approach provides a better opportunity to build up some hype as it approaches and gives people a chance to talk their friends/communities into trying it. If the start date is known well in advance word of mouth will bring in a lot more players to try it out, and allow existing players to plan ahead. This timeframe might also serve to shake that feeling some might have of, "why should I bother leveling up a new char when I can just wait a couple of weeks for the event and be level 50 and RR4+ with about 5-10% of the time investment?"

There are other points to be made about how people develop attachment to characters via time spent leveling/gaining RRs, and how that affects the overall length of their stay on the server.

I think once you start seeing threads asking about combining multiple event level 50s of the same class into one character it is a pretty good indication that the canary has died.
Mon 28 Jun 2021 3:00 PM by Irkeno
So Mr most shitty was being sarcastic and likes the event and wants it to stay?

If so yes, i very much missed the joke.
Mon 28 Jun 2021 3:41 PM by Magesty
I think Mr. Most Shitty doesn't like the event.

Leveraging the existence of complaint threads as a reason to stop the event isn't a great argument, but he definitely wasn't giving an indication of agreement or disagreement with the complaints themselves.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 5:59 AM by Astaa
I thought it was great fun, didn't quite make 50 as I was away for most of it.

The only thing I would get rid of is the pre-mades, but I saw enough to see why they would be a thing, people being slow to release and slow to port back is annoying, as is people running off in random directions leaving you and 2 others that bothered sticking together to get rolled over by a 5 man.

I also think the current ~5 week gap is far too short, it should be something that happens now and again and not be the norm for levelling. Perhaps have this event, or a variation of this event in a pool of events, every month or so.

Chaos add fest (this event)
Arena set up
Solo roaming zone
Standard X-realm exping, so exp anywhere, Alb, Mid, Hib etc...maybe with some special BG encounters using some sort of level phasing.
The RR1 event
A combined threat event, with an objective for all 3 realms with a final tri-realm fight against a common boss as a finale. Some sort of resource gathering involved etc. They could maybe repurpose some master level encounters to this effect. I seem to remember an invasion event many years ago that went down well at the time, it may have been a pre-expansion event.
Tue 29 Jun 2021 6:20 AM by Astaa
You could also have an event that lasts a month that rewards "good" play.

A special token for the following

1 every solo kill
1 every gvg win
1 every small man win vs equal numbers (not sure how that would be tracked)
1 every tower, 3 for a keep taken or defended (based on contribution tick)

Perhaps as a reward, add in some special cosmetic reskins, epic armour/weapons or later expansion skins to buy with the tokens or a feather reward.
Wed 30 Jun 2021 1:47 AM by Hector
Server really feels boring lately. Same thing over and over again. Taking away the event won’t fix that either.
Wed 30 Jun 2021 2:38 AM by easytoremember
Wakefield wrote:
Sat 26 Jun 2021 5:27 AM
Sole reason I stopped playing here was the event.

I hated it, and as everyone was in it, killed everything else.

And it became a regular thing, so I logged less and less.

Now I mainly log on for an hour to pay rent and see if anything is happening na times(which is normally dead)
This event has taken place what, 5 times now? 3 times for 3 days. 1 time for 4 days, 1 time for 5 days, so in total 18 days of this event over a some 200 day period? Right?

In contrast to your lamenting it it's among the only periods I login for an extensive amount of time since NF. It is the only period guaranteed to be a good time so long as you are not caught below 40 on the final day. This guarantee stems from the pvp ruleset and irregular fight locations.
Wed 30 Jun 2021 9:38 AM by Kaldoris
The only thing with this event is that we read the most from the haters on the forum. Everytime it's happening lots of crying but there's always a lot of people playing, even those whinning on the forum. I call that a success. And if they don't like it I'm sure there can do something else for three days.

As for my self (uber casual) I always had a blast and hoping it stays regularly, even if time between is longer. 4 times a year would still be OK for example, if it fits more to the community.

Just please schedule it a bit more and not just a post on the forum the day before like this time. I'm sure other grey haired with kids, that played daoc at the beginning, like myself will appreciate it :p

Cu
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics