Returning player with two newbies.

Started 7 May 2021
by Sanctos
in Tavern
Title says it. Got two new guys that want to check out DAoC who have never played the game before. I havent played Phoenix in a year and a half or so. trying to figure out some good classes for the three of us to play for this big event! I think we are leaning to either Midgard (where I'll probably play a Shaman) or Albion (where ill play a cleric). Any thoughts on good trios for newbies with that?
Fri 7 May 2021 4:03 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Do the event that is currently going, it will throw them right into the fire, but it will also showcase the best part of the game which is not the PvE.

As for trios, for each realm (I know you didn't ask for Hibs, but they have a really strong trio), I'd go with the following, then advertise that you need whatever is needed to fill the holes:

Alb:
Sorcerer
Minstrel
Cleric
(Pick up 2 DPS)

Hib:
Bard
Druid
Mentalist
(Pick up 2 DPS)

Mid:
Healer
Shaman
Skald
(Pick up 2 DPS)
Fri 7 May 2021 8:35 AM by Blitze
For complete noobs to the game i would definitely recommend avoiding the following classes:
Healer
Sorcerer
Bard
Minstrel
Inf
NS
SB

With this in mind, it makes sense for you (as the vet) to play a Healer or a Bard (maybe a Sorc, if one of ur noobs likes healing).

Option 1.
1. Healer
2. Skald
3. Warden/Friar/Druid/Cleric/Shaman/Paladin or just a DPS

Option 2.
1. Bard
2. Druid/Cleric/Shaman
3. Warden/Friar or just a DPS

Option 3.
1. Sorcerer
2. Druid/Cleric/Shaman
2. Skald

HOWEVER
---If you want to stay as a 3man and not roll-out with 2 randoms to make a 5.---
THE FUNNEST 3 MANS

Option 4 --- Insta Burst Trio
(try and avoid all head-on fights and when u see a grp engaged just loop round and run in to insta-kill backline casters/healer with DDs & melee)
1. Minstrel
2. Skald
3. Skald/thane

Option 5 --- Adding Archer Trio
(stay stealthed and near the town and just assist add onto fights - so much easy pew pew)
1. Ranger
2. Ranger
3. Ranger
(Hunter and scout work too)

Option 6 --- AoE DoT
(3 x AoE DoTs - DoT everything then run and Hide in a house or something)
1. Shaman
2. Mentalist
3. Cabalist
(you will be obnoxiously slow and easy prey for everything)
Fri 7 May 2021 12:19 PM by gotwqqd
Enchanter is good caster entry
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics