Stuttering and choppy gameplay

Started 13 Dec 2020
by BraxousMuse
in Support Center
Thu 17 Dec 2020 8:57 AM by Astaa
Correction, they worked for about 30 mins and things started getting choppy again, not as bad as it was though.
Fri 18 Dec 2020 10:08 AM by Sepplord
For anyone with issues that can't roll back his driver anymore in the windows hardware manager

you can download older driver versions from the nvdia archive.
For example this is where you can get the latest driver, directly before the cyberpunk-driver that startet this issue:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167106/en-us
Fri 18 Dec 2020 6:14 PM by Astaa
Yeah, I keep both versions on my desktop and install whichever one I need for DAOC or the game that shall not be mentioned (by rule of a GM)

I like to think of it as some sort of console disk swapping nostalgia
Sat 19 Dec 2020 6:27 PM by begs
Uninstalling NVIDIA drivers with DDU and installing these drivers: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167106/en-us

Fixed the stuttering issue for me too.
Tue 29 Dec 2020 6:30 PM by Dreloc
I got the problem as mentioned, that while running and moving the mouse the game freezes.

460.89 game ready and studio driver did not fix it but adding a mouse pointer trail (short) as described by one of the previous posters
Wed 30 Dec 2020 2:09 AM by Scorpio86
I'm getting the same thing however i don't use nvida. what about intel?
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:01 AM by phelger
I was getting this as well, but freebsd's nvidia drivers are still on 440. Took me a while to bother trying it, but I moved my whole phoenix folder to ssd instead of running from spinning disk. Choppiness, stuttering, and ld's went away.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 4:46 PM by mooc
phelger wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:01 AM
I was getting this as well, but freebsd's nvidia drivers are still on 440. Took me a while to bother trying it, but I moved my whole phoenix folder to ssd instead of running from spinning disk. Choppiness, stuttering, and ld's went away.

that is not the problem described here. i run daoc from a nvme-ssd and have the same issues.

nvidia drivers 460.79 and 460.89 cause this issue. if you rollback to 457.51 all is fine.

did someone test the new 461.09 driver?

greetz
Thu 7 Jan 2021 8:47 PM by joshisanonymous
mooc wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 4:46 PM
phelger wrote:
Wed 30 Dec 2020 8:01 AM

that is not the problem described here. i run daoc from a nvme-ssd and have the same issues.

nvidia drivers 460.79 and 460.89 cause this issue. if you rollback to 457.51 all is fine.

did someone test the new 461.09 driver?

greetz

Not entirely sure if my problem is the same one, but this is happening for me with 461.09 installed. Never had a problem before. However, I was also playing on my laptop which just has an onboard Intel GPU.

For me, I get the following symptoms:
1) Occasional stuttering while moving
2) Difficulty getting mouse clicks to be recognized when trying to pan (double-clicking works better for some reason)
3) Flashing mouse cursor when dragging windows
4) Stuttering while dragging windows
5) Inability to open some windows in Baysan UI (they seem to all open with the default UI, but 1-4 still happens)

EDIT: Turning V-sync off and adjusting the mouse polling rate did nothing in my case. Also tried rolling back my drivers but that didn't help at all either.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll/SM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD
Thu 7 Jan 2021 9:54 PM by Sepplord
How far die you Roll Back?
Did you Roll Back all the way to 457.51?

If yes it seem you have a different issue. Maybe could get more Help in a new thread...

Regarding v-sync and SSD....i only have an SSD and i never have v-sync in as i use v-sync, so i doubt this Driver issue is related towards that.

Sucks to hear that the new Driver doesn't fix it....dies anyone know If this is causing issues with other Games too or is this a very specific bug towards daoc? (Can we expect to ever get a fix or is reinstalling drivers the only solution?)

Return to Support Center or the latest topics