2021-03-15 Monday

Started 15 Mar 2021
by gruenesschaf
in News
- fixed an issue where certain mob actions can change certain player spells until the next reboot
- bolts no longer gain an extra miss chance based on attackers nearby
- bolt damage has been reduced by 1/6th (internally, delve remains the same)
Mon 15 Mar 2021 1:37 PM by radix
Great fixes, thanks!
But could you please elaborate on "internally"?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 2:12 PM by Eoril
Why don't you just delete the wiz ?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 2:42 PM by kejira
nerf gt assist ok. leave dot aoe ok. now nerf bolt!!!!!! why next step onli nearsight on wiz?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:09 PM by skipari
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 12:26 PM
- bolts no longer gain an extra miss chance based on attackers nearby
- bolt damage has been reduced by 1/6th (internally, delve remains the same)

does that translates to: they have now a fixed 10/15%? chance to miss like melee and 16.6% damage loss in exchange? Or does the bolt misschance still gets influenced by "in combat" but not i.e. through to the amount of attackers or any other factors?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:10 PM by Skilt
Could you also nerf the red NS on the wiz plz? And give and extra CC on the menta?
ridiculous
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:36 PM by gruenesschaf
Interesting how many people think making bolts actually reliable / usable is a nerf.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:37 PM by gruenesschaf
skipari wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:09 PM
does that translates to: they have now a fixed 10/15%? chance to miss like melee and 16.6% damage loss in exchange? Or does the bolt misschance still gets influenced by "in combat" but not i.e. through to the amount of attackers or any other factors?

There is now just the fixed 10% miss chance + attacker vs defender level based differences, pretty much equivalent to normal cast resist rate except that the bolt spell level doesn't factor into it. However, bolts remain block / guardable.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:38 PM by skipari
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:37 PM
skipari wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:09 PM

There is now a fixed 10% miss chance + level based differences, nothing else.

ty, yeh that should be a huge boost then, especially in zerg warfare. Will be interesting.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:40 PM by Tommylad
Phoenix soon turn into a Vulture, picking over what's left of characters abilities. 16.7 damage loss, that is as bad as the 90 sec volley nerf.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:43 PM by Lollie
it's a trade off i suppose, much higher change to hit for less damage
Mon 15 Mar 2021 5:14 PM by kejira
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 3:36 PM
Interesting how many people think making bolts actually reliable / usable is a nerf.

stabilized what? you lowered the damage by about 200 points if I'm not mistaken.
why not nerf the damage of the rangers?
the next step which will be half aoe instant on mint?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 5:32 PM by DJ2000
kejira wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 5:14 PM
stabilized what? you lowered the damage by about 200 points if I'm not mistaken.
why not nerf the damage of the rangers?
the next step which will be half aoe instant on mint?

200 damage? ...and then you say "if I'm not mistaken"

"reduced by 1/6th" is 200 damage for you?
So 6/6th is 1200 damage for you?
..."if I'm not mistaken"

What does this have to do with Rangers anyway?
And what is a "mint"? A Minstrel? half AoE Instant on Minstrel? That can't be it, no such thing.
What is even "half aoe instant" supposed to mean?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 7:48 PM by Zobz
Losing like 100 pts damage on matter bolt with debuff 50% matter ... just delete the class next time if you've got too many QQ

There are few wiz that use the debuff in the zerg, and even less wiz in 8v8 so why nerf the class so much

still taking 1000+ dmg againt some rangers, what will the mentalist's next options be? Since you improve the menta after each nerf of the wiz lol.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 8:04 PM by Lollie
Wizards talking as if they are the only class with bolts, elds and RM suffer the same fate
Mon 15 Mar 2021 8:55 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:

Because most people are reactionaries, and posting notes without context or explanation doesn't tell them anything other than "this has been decreased, therefore it is a nerf." You almost always end up having to explain it anyway to calm people down, so why not just add context to your patch notes when you post them?
Mon 15 Mar 2021 9:01 PM by radix
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 8:55 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Because most people are reactionaries, and posting notes without context or explanation doesn't tell them anything other than "this has been decreased, therefore it is a nerf." You almost always end up having to explain it anyway to calm people down, so why not just add context to your patch notes when you post them?

Because a fix + a nerf still is a nerf... bolts are not working as intended on Phoenix.
Mon 15 Mar 2021 10:00 PM by gruenesschaf
radix wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 9:01 PM
Because a fix + a nerf still is a nerf... bolts are not working as intended on Phoenix.

It is a buff + nerf, not a fix + nerf. The previous behavior was in line with what it should be yet it pretty much delegated bolts to be usable only as opener as it rendered them entirely useless against someone who is in melee.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 5:55 AM by boho
Good change. You’d think with 20s cooldowns Bolt users would immediately see the value in making them far more reliable, which leads me to believe the complainers aren’t actually playing a Bolt spec at all.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:00 AM by easytoremember
boho wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 5:55 AM
Good change. You’d think with 20s cooldowns Bolt users would immediately see the value in making them far more reliable, which leads me to believe the complainers aren’t actually playing a Bolt spec at all.
Have you considered the cases where all bolts landed successfully? Did you forget spec AF getting added to buffpots?
The missrate dropping is nice and the damage dropping sucks, and on that note replacing the former increased miss chance with partial/glancing blow (weak hit) would be the best of both. Kinda like when magic archery was blocked with a shield

That way the original damage sticks where the miss chance wasn't jumping around and the damage drops where the miss chance ordinarily spiked to 50/60/90%
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:54 PM by radix
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 10:00 PM
radix wrote:
Mon 15 Mar 2021 9:01 PM

It is a buff + nerf, not a fix + nerf. The previous behavior was in line with what it should be yet it pretty much delegated bolts to be usable only as opener as it rendered them entirely useless against someone who is in melee.

Well, it at least was not live-like behavior. Not talking about what you thought "what it should be"
But overall I am fine with the change even I think the 15% is a bit too high.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:12 PM by ExcretusMaximus
radix wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:54 PM
Well, it at least was not live-like behavior.

It was exactly like live behavior before they reworked the archery system into spells that required bows to cast.
Wed 17 Mar 2021 6:00 PM by joshisanonymous
Thanks for making bolts more reliable, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you also made them do less damage. What issue are you trying to avoid running into?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to News or the latest topics