Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019
by phixion
in RvR
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:47 AM by dansari
#34667
Drominchen wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:30 AM
You should always try to see the whole image. Because of instant amnesia Hib cannot counter any MoC for example.

I can certainly see the whole picture, and undoubtedly BD is strong in groups, though a bit less frequent than one or two Bards per group, every group; plus arguably a bit harder to play by managing a pet class. Your MoC example is hilarious though. So you're saying insta amnesia at 2300 range which exists in every hib group needs to stay because what if a Healer has to stand still and interrupt me after popping MoC every 10mins? Ben Shapiro would be proud of that strawman.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:08 AM by Drominchen
#34671
dansari wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:47 AM
Drominchen wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:30 AM
You should always try to see the whole image. Because of instant amnesia Hib cannot counter any MoC for example.

I can certainly see the whole picture, and undoubtedly BD is strong in groups, though a bit less frequent than one or two Bards per group, every group; plus arguably a bit harder to play by managing a pet class. Your MoC example is hilarious though. So you're saying insta amnesia at 2300 range which exists in every hib group needs to stay because what if a Healer has to stand still and interrupt me after popping MoC every 10mins? Ben Shapiro would be proud of that strawman.

I say casted amnesia (and red charmed pets -> minstrel) are the only real counter without zephyr vs moc. I longed for a casted amnesia for years on bard! Ever tried to "interrupt" a mocing theurg or healer that have cc immunities?

Instant amnesia is no reliable rupt and no reliable counter vs anything but it is the only thing that makes it possible to get your mezz cast through on a race without dex bonus
Drominas 50 NS

Dromynchen 50 Hunter

Drominna 50 Reaver
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:16 AM by dansari
#34673
Drominchen wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:08 AM
I say casted amnesia (and red charmed pets -> minstrel) are the only real counter without zephyr vs moc. I longed for a casted amnesia for years on bard! Ever tried to "interrupt" a mocing theurg or healer that have cc immunities?

Instant amnesia is no reliable rupt and no reliable counter vs anything but it is the only thing that makes it possible to get your mezz cast through on a race without dex bonus

The point is that the counters are nonexistent or out of whack.

How do you counter insta amnesia before a fight starts? SoS..

How do you counter insta amnesia vs 2 bard groups as a seer? MoC..

Regardless, the primary issue is that it drops speed. Plenty of solutions have been provided to make this more fair:

1. Change it so it doesn't drop speed.
2. Make it like every other amnesia and on a cast time (you'd enjoy that right?)
3. Drop its range to 1850 or 1500.

I don't see any logical arguments outside of "muhh hib signature" to suggest that this isn't a popular proposal.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:26 AM by Wokrid
#34676
while we're at it can we change Sorc mezz to 1500 range, too?

thanks


oh and can we change Healer AoE stun to be single target only?

thanks again


:-)
Fed
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:41 AM by dansari
#34679
Wokrid wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:26 AM
while we're at it can we change Sorc mezz to 1500 range, too?

thanks


oh and can we change Healer AoE stun to be single target only?

thanks again


:-)

Ugh yeah the casted sorc bolt mez is so good at dropping groups out of speed at 2300 range. Please stop bringing up irrelevant distractions.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:19 AM by gruenesschaf
#34688
keen wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:06 PM
Clipping distance is for sure a problem on Phoenix. I guess they lowered it to take pressure from the server. Not sure if it can be made live like with the current player numbers.

Clipping distance is still 5600 which is the max what the client allows.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 12:35 PM by keen
#34707
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 10:19 AM
keen wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:06 PM
Clipping distance is for sure a problem on Phoenix. I guess they lowered it to take pressure from the server. Not sure if it can be made live like with the current player numbers.

Clipping distance is still 5600 which is the max what the client allows.
Sorry for the false statement then. Time to blame my panning again.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:41 PM by phixion
#34840
Why are we even talking about the interrupt part, lets stick to the topic of it dropping speed and screwing over everyone who chooses to run out with less than 8 man in bottleneck OF.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:25 PM by Ceen
#34862
phixion wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:41 PM
Why are we even talking about the interrupt part, lets stick to the topic of it dropping speed and screwing over everyone who chooses to run out with less than 8 man in bottleneck OF.
I run small man withou any problems.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:37 PM by Quik
#34866
Ceen wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 9:25 PM
phixion wrote:
Sun 17 Feb 2019 7:41 PM
Why are we even talking about the interrupt part, lets stick to the topic of it dropping speed and screwing over everyone who chooses to run out with less than 8 man in bottleneck OF.
I run small man withou any problems.

This. When I was on Hib on my Bard I ran small man a lot with my guild, we just had to pick and choose our fights a little more, and on Mid I have had the same exact experience playing my Skald.
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

Return to RvR or the latest topics