Can we talk about Hib Amnesia?

Started 31 Jan 2019 by
phixion
in RvR
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:59 PM by razzim
since it breaks speed on the target, amnesia has to break speed on the person using it as well. it makes no sense otherwise and is overpowered.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:57 PM by Tavi
razzim wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:59 PM
since it breaks speed on the target, amnesia has to break speed on the person using it as well. it makes no sense otherwise and is overpowered.

I think that is already the case. But only the bard looses speed, the rest of the group will catch you.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:28 AM by phixion
Frigzy wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:55 AM
I solo on a visible tall Elf without speed.

I manage.

If you have speed 6 and still think you shouldn't get caught that's got less to do with Hib amnesia than with you not respecting RvR action.

You can outrun an Alb group yet can never outrun a Hib group thanks to that OP bolt range insta that removes your speed and not theirs...

It doesn't seem right to me that a small man can simply not exist thanks to 1 insta. What incentive do we have to run out with that? I can tell you, if it comes down to a choice of running out in a small man, or following a zerg or playing stealthers - the latter 2 win.

Please, I know everyone is enjoying this zerging task system we have, but lets not put off those of us who enjoy small man action too.
Phixion - 11L0 SB
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:32 AM by defiasbandit
Bard amnesia is broke more at 11.
Bulldozing your world since 2018
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:34 PM by hellvalor
I agree that amnesia needs to be looked at!
It kills smallman action and that is why a lot of players are here...
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:38 PM by Frigzy
phixion wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:28 AM
It doesn't seem right to me that a small man can simply not exist thanks to 1 insta.
I believe this is where we're going to have to agree to disagree.

By your reasoning ANY visible solo or smallman without speed 6 can simply not exist. After all, they will never be able to outrun or escape a speed 6 full group.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes, you're going to stand no chance against those groups. You know that before you're even running out. It's a choice you're making at that moment. Instead of adjusting accordingly you're asking the environment to change based on your own choices.

I get the frustration of getting ganked by larger groups, but still, that's just not a mindset I can agree to.
Zyfrig
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:20 PM by moe_Jiller
Frigzy wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:38 PM
phixion wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 12:28 AM
It doesn't seem right to me that a small man can simply not exist thanks to 1 insta.
I believe this is where we're going to have to agree to disagree.

By your reasoning ANY visible solo or smallman without speed 6 can simply not exist. After all, they will never be able to outrun or escape a speed 6 full group.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes, you're going to stand no chance against those groups. You know that before you're even running out. It's a choice you're making at that moment. Instead of adjusting accordingly you're asking the environment to change based on your own choices.

I get the frustration of getting ganked by larger groups, but still, that's just not a mindset I can agree to.

Well put.

Edit for the sake of discussion: bards ofc also lose Speed when they use amnesia. So when they use it, they gotta hope their grp protects them afterwards.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:52 PM by dansari
moe_Jiller wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:20 PM
Edit for the sake of discussion: bards ofc also lose Speed when they use amnesia. So when they use it, they gotta hope their grp protects them afterwards.

Hope their group protects them? If you insta amnesia you are starting the fight off with a gigantic advantage. Your group doesn't need to protect you. Without speed, the group you're facing cannot reasonably re-position. It's not a very hard concept: movement is king. The solutions are to drop its range to 1500 or give it a cast time.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:06 PM by Tritri
I mean... what the hell is going on...

What are you guys even talking about........ It's giving me a headache

First of all try to understand how the ability works before saying it's broken. So has some other have stated :

Amnesia doesn't break speed instantly, it blocks the next speed "tick"
The effect is exactly the same on the caster, he loses the next speed "tick"

Now, this has been the case for as long as I can remember on DAoC.
The Bard is a class that doesn't give much to its group but the key features : aoe mezz, speed and end (and some base buff).
They get instant amnesia so they have their specialty, they are the only class to have an instant amnesia. Sorcerer got range (and cast speed), Healer got instant Stun / Mezz, Bard got instant amnesia

I suggest you learn to play against it, because having instant amnesia is a double edged sword.

Instant amnesia is the reason why Bards can't win mezz against Healers for example
Instant amnesia is the reason Hibernia can't counter MoC well

Not saying it's a bad tool. And yeah you can't run from an hibernian group, which can sux.

dansari wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:52 PM
Hope their group protects them? If you insta amnesia you are starting the fight off with a gigantic advantage. Your group doesn't need to protect you. Without speed, the group you're facing cannot reasonably re-position. It's not a very hard concept: movement is king. The solutions are to drop its range to 1500 or give it a cast time.

If your whole group get hit by the instant amnesia I have some bad news for you
Lilia, 50 Blademaster - 6Lx
Tritri, 50 Eldritch - 5Lx
Lilina, 50 Druid - 5Lx
< No Pain No Tartine >

Return to RvR or the latest topics