A plethora of pets

Started 8 Jul 2021
by Lpined
in RvR
Thu 8 Jul 2021 10:53 PM by Lpined
#165014
So we have been seeing alb groups running 4-6 pets deep not including theurgist. Is there going to be anything done to mitigate that advantage which also comes with the longest range CC, chain stunning pets that provide no immunity timer and minstrel buffed red pet?

This server is a lot of fun, but it takes a lot of the fun out when you are outnumbered every time you run into an alb group. Every alb group. Even their small man can bump their effective numbers by 50% and not lose any thing for it.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:33 AM by Leafus
#165148
If you tab target an alb BG you will scroll through 100 pets before you target “highlander”.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:33 PM by omicidi
#165184
Working as intended.

Theurgs are toxic. The tool tip says 12% power. The actual power cost is 5-7% based on ethereal bond. You see, you can template zero power, zero int, buy ethereal bond and have insane power ticks in combat, along with low cost pets.

Sure they nerfed the duration, which really only affects moc.

Think about it, one toon, 2k cast range, pushing out pets that run at speed 7.

So you have to have very quick reaction to clear them if they’re on you. And then you have to pray to rnjesus that you one shot them or your spell does not get resisted.

So this class can 100% pet you with no resist, but you need to spend 1 or more spells depending on damage and resists to clear the damn things.

Let’s not forget, that range yet again. If you have some bomb ass mezz because the Albs do some silly stuff and you’re like, hell ya, time to stack bodies, the theurg is like lolololol I’m going to just pet all the dps, halt any sort of push and just overwhelm the other team because they went from utility mode to damage mode because of the power play they just made.

Yes. Fun. That doesn’t even consider a red con ‘f your moc’ pet that is super hard to kill, and a cabalist pet that you cannot out spring, that can also be remade with zero resource cost because of pet cycle. Oh and sorcs have a pet.

But hey, you can 3 nuke a bd commander. Bd then is out of the fight casting the commander, 3 pets which takes like 10 seconds and 50% power.

Lolol balanced.

Anyone that says otherwise look at the listed and non-listed roaming groups compared to the hib/mid groups.
Mon 12 Jul 2021 11:40 PM by easytoremember
#165186
omicidi wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:33 PM
Theurgs are toxic. The tool tip says 12% power. The actual power cost is 5-7% based on ethereal bond. You see, you can template zero power, zero int, buy ethereal bond and have insane power ticks in combat, along with low cost pets.
Here the % applies to the entire power pool instead of base and %-based spells all benefit from focus

omicidi wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:33 PM
Let’s not forget, that range yet again. If you have some bomb ass mezz because the Albs do some silly stuff and you’re like, hell ya, time to stack bodies, the theurg is like lolololol I’m going to just pet all the dps, halt any sort of push and just overwhelm the other team because they went from utility mode to damage mode because of the power play they just made.
this bomb ass mez missed this insurmountable threat to you?

omicidi wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:33 PM
a cabalist pet that you cannot out spring, that can also be remade with zero resource cost because of pet cycle.
pet's movement speed and bulk are all separate casts from cycle and summon while cycling for power is 4-6 casts prior to any buffing. A cycle breaks even with the summoning cost or less if it's not high enough hp

omicidi wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 8:33 PM
But hey, you can 3 nuke a bd commander. Bd then is out of the fight casting the commander, 3 pets which takes like 10 seconds and 50% power.
Why would you resummon it if it's as worthless as you say?
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:02 PM by omicidi
#165208
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 11:40 PM
#1. Here the % applies to the entire power pool instead of base and %-based spells all benefit from focus

#2. this bomb ass mez missed this insurmountable threat to you?

#3. pet's movement speed and bulk are all separate casts from cycle and summon while cycling for power is 4-6 casts prior to any buffing. A cycle breaks even with the summoning cost or less if it's not high enough hp

#4. Why would you resummon it if it's as worthless as you say?

Why am I wasting my time? Who knows.

#1. Literally wrote that. What's the point of you piggy-backing off of what I wrote? Sometimes the best addition to a conversation is to not say a damn thing.

#2. It's incredibly hard to mezz a theurg unless they're out of position or you have a superior hit and all of the momentum. You're obviously grasping at straws trying to be cute.

#3. A pet cycle nets you 27% each cycle. A pet that is already up gives you 41%. I had zero issues re-casting pet + speed when I needed to. Added an extra 1.5 seconds for huge benefit. The fact that the cabalist can even pet cycle is beyond me. Oh, tool tip says 25% power to cast the pet. Actual retail price is 14%. Again, add something of value

#4. Even though this is another dumb attempt to be a smartass, I think this is ultimately a valid question. Why should I, the BD player, re-cast 4 pets in the middle of a fight, that are easily cc/killable? Dunno.
Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:29 PM by dougrighteous1
#165273
lol you say outnumbered by every alb group, yet they are just pets. meanwhile, 2 bds look like a zerg, and hibs actually just run 18 mans.

whats the complaint though? Theurgist OP? lvl 50 pets are impossible to peel in a pug? albs LOOK like they have an inflated number because they have pets? You don't know how to fight an extend group? You can't come to terms that the other grp is just better?
Thu 15 Jul 2021 4:22 PM by ExcretusMaximus
#165277
dougrighteous1 wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021 2:29 PM
lol you say outnumbered by every alb group, yet they are just pets. meanwhile, 2 bds look like a zerg, and hibs actually just run 18 mans.

whats the complaint though? Theurgist OP? lvl 50 pets are impossible to peel in a pug? albs LOOK like they have an inflated number because they have pets? You don't know how to fight an extend group? You can't come to terms that the other grp is just better?

Come on, let's not pretend that having 4 permanent pets that are literally free fire and forget interrupts, plus Theurgist spam, isn't an advantage over groups that don't run 5 pets deep (which, even if they do, are all lower con and more easily killed than most of those Alb pets). Is it able to be combatted? Sure it is. Is it still a ridiculous advantage over most other group compositions? Sure it is.

It's possible to defend your opinion without pretending you don't have the advantage.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781
Fri 16 Jul 2021 1:04 AM by easytoremember
#165292
omicidi wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:02 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 11:40 PM
#1. Here the % applies to the entire power pool instead of base and %-based spells all benefit from focus

#2. this bomb ass mez missed this insurmountable threat to you?

#3. pet's movement speed and bulk are all separate casts from cycle and summon while cycling for power is 4-6 casts prior to any buffing. A cycle breaks even with the summoning cost or less if it's not high enough hp

#4. Why would you resummon it if it's as worthless as you say?

Why am I wasting my time? Who knows.

#1. Literally wrote that. What's the point of you piggy-backing off of what I wrote? Sometimes the best addition to a conversation is to not say a damn thing.
"based on ethereal bond" implied taking that RA reduced the cost per cast by adding power outside the cost determinate amount. Your complaint is as stupid as nagging conventional summons for not taking a full 25% power.

omicidi wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:02 PM
#2. It's incredibly hard to mezz a theurg unless they're out of position or you have a superior hit and all of the momentum. You're obviously grasping at straws trying to be cute.
It's a good mez or it isn't

omicidi wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:02 PM
#3. A pet cycle nets you 27% each cycle. A pet that is already up gives you 41%. I had zero issues re-casting pet + speed when I needed to. Added an extra 1.5 seconds for huge benefit. The fact that the cabalist can even pet cycle is beyond me. Oh, tool tip says 25% power to cast the pet. Actual retail price is 14%. Again, add something of value
When the motive for reclaiming the pet is healing the pet the initial reclaim does not give you 41% was my point. I also did not ask if you had problems doing cycles. Simply, doing cycles requires casts, casts require time; it's not some free thing you do instantly and omitting the constitution/dex buffs cuts down the pet's bulk, whereas placing them siphons further time and power.

omicidi wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 5:02 PM
#4. Even though this is another dumb attempt to be a smartass, I think this is ultimately a valid question. Why should I, the BD player, re-cast 4 pets in the middle of a fight, that are easily cc/killable? Dunno.
Why are you doing it?

Edit: as an addendum the cost of summoning subpets on BD should be reduced. The cost of a full pack is hefty prior to any buffing and the time required is byitself a deterrent within fights as well as sieges. The BD upon departing the safezone starts with ~55% power depending on his spec.

Return to RvR or the latest topics