RvR newbie question

Started 19 May 2021
by dalinvar
in RvR
Hi everyone,

I had my first 50 and went to RvR. It is funny with all the long ride you need to do (ships, horse, run etc) and the objectives.

Are there other options?
I mean something like a battleground map for lvl 50, like Thidranki but for endgame. I would personally prefer a solution like that because it is perfect for casual player, you login, port to the (small) map and fight. Everytime I die it is a long run to navigate again to the RvR action spot and it is time consuming for players who has just 30min at night.

Thanks for the information and to the devs!
Wed 19 May 2021 12:55 PM by Magesty
The scale and openness of the RvR zones is a large part of what makes DAoC what it is. Implementing a battle ground would only serve to potentially dilute the level 50 population and decrease the meaningfulness of the frontiers.

Compared to iterations of DAoC in the past, Phoenix is great for a casual player. You can log in for 30m and are basically guaranteed 2-4 task ticks assuming you can just leave your guy on once you have to go. Previously you actually had to actually secure kills to get any rewards. RPs were definitely not guaranteed.

I often play in 30-60 minute increments and can get quite a few runs in. I’m not very concerned about dying though, and that helps me to find more fights.

Ultimately, if you can’t tolerate a bit of travel time you aren’t going to enjoy the game.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics