Event

Started 7 May 2021
by Fugax
in RvR
Would it be possible to do an event in the future without premade groups? The really really good players kinda dominate the playing field. I get playing with yr pals, but I also wanna level and not fight competitively. Just an idea. Thanks for event.
Fri 7 May 2021 8:44 PM by Freudinio
Or an event without stealthers.
Sat 8 May 2021 2:08 PM by omicidi
Network and build a team. Even if you’re getting dominated the mechanics of leveling are in everyone’s favor.
Sat 8 May 2021 2:09 PM by Etarii
Yea, lets all play the disband roullet to get good autogroups without stealthers and endurance.... and maybe if u are really lucky u randomly meet a friend u want to play with.
Sat 8 May 2021 3:50 PM by stewbeedoo
Better yet let's cancel these events altogether.

Do we really need people getting multiple new 50s and RR5+ in a weekend? Isn't leveling already super fast on this server and with the RvR participation tick people get RPs for simply dying or killing a guard anyway.
Sat 8 May 2021 4:29 PM by gotwqqd
stewbeedoo wrote:
Sat 8 May 2021 3:50 PM
Better yet let's cancel these events altogether.

Do we really need people getting multiple new 50s and RR5+ in a weekend? Isn't leveling already super fast on this server and with the RvR participation tick people get RPs for simply dying or killing a guard anyway.
It doesn’t compare leveling RR. It’s far faster in event.
But the whole point is playing where it’s enjoyable and not up against RR10+ all the time.
At least after event you can have some tools at RR 5or 6
Sat 8 May 2021 6:24 PM by borodino1812
I still think the most sensible would be add the rps bonus to sub RR5 in real RvR. As it is now, you'd be foolish not to use the event for any new character. It is simply superior to anything else.
Sat 8 May 2021 7:42 PM by gotwqqd
borodino1812 wrote:
Sat 8 May 2021 6:24 PM
I still think the most sensible would be add the rps bonus to sub RR5 in real RvR. As it is now, you'd be foolish not to use the event for any new character. It is simply superior to anything else.
I just don’t think the action exists to match the event.
Sat 8 May 2021 9:31 PM by CowwoC
the grind in rvr is just too dull when you start at rr1, even if you simply stick to bg's and bash doors, let alone fighting all those rr8+ people in open field - you never can catch up and even if you do, you probably played a couple months to reach rr5++(depending how much time you have ofcourse).

the grind at the event is fast paced, even if it's indeed almost just dying through unless you play in a premade. fighting without buffs vs a group with buffs is almost impossible to win, same in rvr where the group with more tools wins if they have the same skill level, but at the event you can at least hope for another group to add and still get rp, that's what makes the event superior to grind your way up to rr5, it saves a ton of time. having an npc at the event with blue or even green buffs would be super nice though, especially with endu, even as caster.
Sat 8 May 2021 10:02 PM by gotwqqd
CowwoC wrote:
Sat 8 May 2021 9:31 PM
the grind in rvr is just too dull when you start at rr1, even if you simply stick to bg's and bash doors, let alone fighting all those rr8+ people in open field - you never can catch up and even if you do, you probably played a couple months to reach rr5++(depending how much time you have ofcourse).

the grind at the event is fast paced, even if it's indeed almost just dying through unless you play in a premade. fighting without buffs vs a group with buffs is almost impossible to win, same in rvr where the group with more tools wins if they have the same skill level, but at the event you can at least hope for another group to add and still get rp, that's what makes the event superior to grind your way up to rr5, it saves a ton of time. having an npc at the event with blue or even green buffs would be super nice though, especially with endu, even as caster.
I think the safe start healer should grant pot buffs at 50% value
Sat 8 May 2021 10:41 PM by Leafus
I see more people complaining about premade vs auto group in /region. What’s the fun in rolling augrouped all melee vs casters and mezzers and healers? You get joy out of picking them off one at time? You’ve got skill? Making “friends” is your skill? And you’ll stay in touch with your new “other realm friends” how exactly?
Sun 9 May 2021 5:57 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Leafus wrote:
Sat 8 May 2021 10:41 PM
And you’ll stay in touch with your new “other realm friends” how exactly?

If only this weren't 1988 and there were literally dozens of ways to keep in contact with people on the Internet...
Sun 9 May 2021 8:52 AM by msitruk
Just Split final bracket beetwyn premade and pug.
Sun 9 May 2021 9:19 AM by ExcretusMaximus
msitruk wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 8:52 AM

They did, and there were too few people in the autogroup bracket to form groups, which is why they reverted the change within 6 hours.
Sun 9 May 2021 10:01 AM by msitruk
No actualy they add a New bracket for rr5 they not Split pug vs premade.
Sun 9 May 2021 1:56 PM by ExcretusMaximus
msitruk wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 10:01 AM
No actualy they add a New bracket for rr5 they not Split pug vs premade.

No, actually, they made your suggested change and then reset it 6 hours later, here are the original notes that were overwritten:

Sat 8 May 2021 12:58 PM
Playing Field Event only changes:
- the rr5 bracket has been removed
- auto groups are now all or nothing, you can no longer invite some people and have the rest filled up
- the 49-50 bracket is now split between auto groups and normal groups / player with auto grouping disabled
Sun 9 May 2021 3:14 PM by CowwoC
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 9:19 AM
msitruk wrote:
Sun 9 May 2021 8:52 AM

They did, and there were too few people in the autogroup bracket to form groups, which is why they reverted the change within 6 hours.

You meant in the premade bracket, right? Always when i checked with /event count the auto group bracket was full, only the premade bracket was around 30 people and obviously those 30 people - who are able to ruin the fun for the pug people - had none to farm. they actually got a glimpse how pugs feel and probably thats why devs reverted it, so premades can farm pugs all day long again. And before you drop your "make friends" arguement: Friends should be able to play together yes and personally i don't mind if 2 friends form a premade and fill up with randoms. If premades have a hard time finding randoms to fill their premade, how comes those people always suggest to pug people to make friends, to network and to send people in chat to form their own premade? correct, it isn't always that simple and i hope you realize that this isn't the solution to a problem which was addressed for months now.

It would be relatively easy to close the gap between premades and pugs, but suggesting this is like talking to a wall. devs simply don't care and so be it.
Sun 9 May 2021 4:35 PM by Leafus
It’s too bad you can’t choose your role to make a group like they did in WoW. Healer. Tank. DPS. Speed. CC. Etc. could make for easier grouping and helping people form their own premade group. But I’m sure it’s more fun to steamroll 5 tanks in an open field with perma roots stuns and mez. I tell you that is skill right there.
Tue 11 May 2021 7:32 AM by Noashakra
In our guild everyone says what they want to do and we do two groups of 4/5 people. Some people already have 4 bards 4 clerics lvl 50.
That's called playing an mmorpg.
Tue 11 May 2021 8:05 AM by Ceen
The whole premade discussion hides the major problem of this event called stealthers.
This event creates a stealther flood in the real RvR world which has a much bigger long term effect than the 3-4 day event.

Prior to the event leveling and grinding a stealther to 5l5 was a major pain in the ass. With this out of the way at least I see more and more stealther groups of 4 + people to two full groups camping docks and drop offs.
So rather prohibit stealthers within the event.
Tue 11 May 2021 9:57 AM by Noashakra
Those people usually don't last long in the rvr tbh.
But yeah there are a lot of stealthers in autogroup because it's much easier to level up this way than in solo.
So people with 1/2 stealther and no heal/buffs will get rolled by better groups. Maybe people should roll druid/cleric/sham/bard/healer ?
Tue 11 May 2021 5:31 PM by Gohanz
I rolled both cleric and pac healer this event, and played 95% premade, when I did autogroup there was always 2 stealthers in the gro, occasionally they would play as a shit merc etc, mostly they would stealth off and solo, so I would just leave and hope for a better group then give up and find a premade.

TLDR why should i make a less fun class to enable gimps easy leveling
Fri 21 May 2021 7:55 AM by Lynee
Most fun I had was joining autogroups or groups of something wild (hello 4 smite clerics clubbing everything) and make it work. Least fun I had was in those autogroups in the highest bracket when the premades circled the center town like sharks waiting for the bait to drop, leading to IRS scores somewhere between 10k and 50k (theirs, not mine).

I guess leaving the comfort zone of having plenty of heals and CC is not everyones cup of tea.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics