Nerf Sins.......

Started 16 Mar 2021
by Rhox
in RvR
Thanks staff for a great event... The duration was perfect... the timing was perfect. Over all well done. Thanks

That being said....... I did not see one person say nerf Sins, or Sins are over powered. Nothing....

Its funny when people come out with solo RAs and are ready to fight what they can do. I played for 6 hours and died alot more then i won and thats not that common for me in 1v1s. Some classes where un killable for me even by bad players.

I heard alot of nerf BDs, SMs, Mercs, Champs, Skalds etc..... But not once did I hear nerf Sins.....

Maybe people with Det9 and other group RA's should not bitch when someone with Solo RA kills them... I /sit every BD, SM, Necro i saw in the event cause the food chain is the food chain no point in wasting my time.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:09 AM by Sepplord
well, from my POV the first thing i saw opening the forum today was a post called "nerf sins...", so even when noone was complaining you just had to fill that gap so the discussion can be lighted once again

I am sure someone will explain what you are missing,a nd why it'S not representative of open world RvR, so... thanks for that
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:16 AM by Rhox
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:09 AM
well, from my POV the first thing i saw opening the forum today was a post called "nerf sins...", so even when noone was complaining you just had to fill that gap so the discussion can be lighted once again

I am sure someone will explain what you are missing,a nd why it'S not representative of open world RvR, so... thanks for that

lol thanks for driving my point home.. People expect to come into open RvR with group RA;s and get rolled and complain but the data clearly shows that if they respected they would beat up on Sins pretty good... they just choose not to so intern they should not complain
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:27 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Rhox wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:16 AM
lol thanks for driving my point home.. People expect to come into open RvR with group RA;s and get rolled and complain but the data clearly shows that if they respected they would beat up on Sins pretty good... they just choose not to so intern they should not complain

Woosh, right over your head.

People aren't complaining about assassins being an unfair fight when they're specced specifically to take out assassins, but that assassins are too strong unless everything about your character is focussed on soloing. Want to get on a boat by yourself? Tough shit. Want to turn in soil/branches/snow? Tough shit. Want to XP in the frontier? Tough shit.

If you're built for anything but soloing, you are essentially defenseless against a class archetype which has permanent invisibility and can choose how and when to start a fight with you. No one enjoys getting 10 second clubbed just because they didn't invest 40 realm skill points into a setup that is only effective in a small niche scenario, making themselves useless for everything except that one scenario.

And all of the above is assuming you're "lucky" enough to get jumped by a single invisible character, and not him and his five closest friends.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:35 AM by Rhox
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:27 AM
Rhox wrote:

People aren't complaining about assassins being an unfair fight when they're specced specifically to take out assassins, but that assassins are too strong unless everything about your character is focussed on soloing. Want to get on a boat by yourself? Tough shit. Want to turn in soil/branches/snow? Tough shit. Want to XP in the frontier? Tough shit.

If you're built for anything but soloing, you are essentially defenseless against a class archetype which has permanent invisibility and can choose how and when to start a fight with you. No one enjoys getting 10 second clubbed just because they didn't invest 40 realm skill points into a setup that is only effective in a small niche scenario, making themselves useless for everything except that one scenario.

And all of the above is assuming you're "lucky" enough to get jumped by a single invisible character, and not him and his five closest friends.

Lol once again we are saying the same thing...... I could spec differently and be a decent peal bot for a 8man or small man. However if i did that i would not expect to do well in 1v1. Same thing for visables..... if you are a group spec tank dont expect to excel against a solo spec Sin.... Then cry for nerf.....

If i PA a RA5 merc then i understand mistakes have been made and i am dead. I dont cry for nerf just know that this person has decided to spec to kill me and im ok with that.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:51 AM by Centenario
You could give everybody a 1min detect hidden buff from the hasteners.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 8:46 AM by Ceen
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 7:27 AM
Rhox wrote:

So your main complain is that if you spec for groups and meet someone who is speced for solo in a 1vs1 you lose?
Breaking news.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:34 AM by keen
The arena setting has almost nothing to do with normal rvr with respect to 1v1. You have 3 rounds and just one purge Vs enemies you can't Dodge. You can kite forever without risking to reach a tower or add. It's just not even close to what is happening in the field where assassins shine. In normal rvr natural enemies such as solo champs do not exist, or they wouldn't be attacked by assassins that rather pick the solo caster running to the dock without any chance due to 100% purge and or vanish up.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:01 PM by Magesty
When I first learned of this event I thought two things:

1) I wouldn't participate as it would inevitably be filled with BD/SM/kite cheese

2) I hope whoever is making decisions regarding balance isn't reductionist enough to take this on the whole as a meaningful data set. That would be like using a game of horse to determine who is best at basketball.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:25 PM by Sepplord
Magesty wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:01 PM
1) I wouldn't participate as it would inevitably be filled with BD/SM/kite cheese

Probably correct, though i lost a bet with my friend who participated with his tri-spec healer. I told him he wouldn't make a single kill, but he actually went 1for2 against 2people, and even beat a ranger completely.
I owe him a döner now
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:45 PM by boho
If there’s ever going to be a visible solo game again, traditional anti-assassin classes (light tanks and hybrids) desperately need passive Detect Hidden. The potions are prohibitively expensive and simply aren’t enough.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:57 PM by soremir
I thought the event was actually pretty great. At the beginning, I did get 3 back-to-back champ match-ups and then 2 BDs, so that wasn't a great start, but got some good fights afterwards. It's a fun event to talk to people from other realms. Some people, as always, take their game way too seriously. It was actually a good time. But even over the four hours in NA primetime, I could see the balance of classes shift towards the "I-win" classes. I'm not sure it'll be so great the second time around.

Did Lol at an assassin actually vanishing in the event though!
Tue 16 Mar 2021 3:20 PM by Sephiroth1
Someone knows why I couldn't use any active RA but Purge?
Tue 16 Mar 2021 4:03 PM by Magesty
boho wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:45 PM
If there’s ever going to be a visible solo game again, traditional anti-assassin classes (light tanks and hybrids) desperately need passive Detect Hidden. The potions are prohibitively expensive and simply aren’t enough.

Detect Hidden? What?

Yes, let's make it easier for garbage small mans and 8 mans to hunt down and abuse stealthers just like they do with solo visibles. True balance comes from shared misery.

I do think assassins are slightly problematic in their current state, but the solution lies in adjusting their magic damage/defense mitigation/poison reapplication. Stealth should absolutely be considered when comparing the power of assassins to other classes. However, it is a core part of why people play the class and stripping it down would erode class identity in a way that runs counter to good design principles.
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:06 PM by gomashio
As a friar I liked the ability to rapidly test out the viability of a bunch of different solo RA specs and have and endless supply of assassin classes to go up against. I like the 2/3 matchup as well, made me test out a bunch of passive RA builds till I found one that worked. Would be nice if you can avoid matchups against certain classes by opting out i.e. /arena skip bd nm sm
Wed 17 Mar 2021 1:00 AM by boridi
gomashio wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 9:06 PM
As a friar I liked the ability to rapidly test out the viability of a bunch of different solo RA specs and have and endless supply of assassin classes to go up against. I like the 2/3 matchup as well, made me test out a bunch of passive RA builds till I found one that worked. Would be nice if you can avoid matchups against certain classes by opting out i.e. /arena skip bd nm sm

Congrats on finding Reflex Attack 5. My RA5 zerk destroyed an SB.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 7:25 PM by gotwqqd
Way too many tools....
Aside a few casters(sm, necro, ?) I don’t see how you can survive.
I generally am hit with opener, 1/4 second later I’m stun
Next hit in dead. Granted I’m sub RR5 on all toons.
Maybe one day they will not allow poisons on weapons in inventory or better yet get rid of weapon swap no penalty.
This would fix the swap shield in between attacks method.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:36 PM by Briggins
If you don't want to spec into solo RAs then you shouldn't expect to win a solo fight. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

I highly recommend creating a toon dedicated to solo play if you are experiencing issues. I did this and love having the option to play my SB when there isn't other group related activities going on. It's literally never been easier to get a toon leveled to 50 RR5 and frankly if you cant commit the time to do that, it's a you problem. This game has been out for 20 years and everyone should realize at this point, how much time goes into it. If you aren't willing to spend the time or take the necessary actions to compete in the solo environment you should either stick to group play or find a new game that fits your schedule. Stealth players should not be penalized because others refuse to adapt to how this game works.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:40 PM by gotwqqd
Briggins wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:36 PM
If you don't want to spec into solo RAs then you shouldn't expect to win a solo fight. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this.

I highly recommend creating a toon dedicated to solo play if you are experiencing issues. I did this and love having the option to play my SB when there isn't other group related activities going on. It's literally never been easier to get a toon leveled to 50 RR5 and frankly if you cant commit the time to do that, it's a you problem. This game has been out for 20 years and everyone should realize at this point, how much time goes into it. If you aren't willing to spend the time or take the necessary actions to compete in the solo environment you should either stick to group play or find a new game that fits your schedule. Stealth players should not be penalized because others refuse to adapt to how this game works.
Nice way of saying you want to keep your op class.
They were overtuned prior to the str/con debuff “fix” and even more so now, primarily due to instant weapon swaps and reapplication of poisons.
Killing others so easily and quickly is a little much.

My personal opinion is weapon poison choice should matter, as it is it doesn’t. Apply and reapply everything.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:47 PM by boridi
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 7:25 PM
Granted I’m sub RR5 on all toons.

lol
Sun 11 Apr 2021 9:58 PM by Irkeno
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 7:25 PM
Way too many tools....
Aside a few casters(sm, necro, ?) I don’t see how you can survive.
I generally am hit with opener, 1/4 second later I’m stun
Next hit in dead. Granted I’m sub RR5 on all toons.
Maybe one day they will not allow poisons on weapons in inventory or better yet get rid of weapon swap no penalty.
This would fix the swap shield in between attacks method.

This is telling.

Youre sub rr5 on all toons, indicating you dont play much, its not a lot of effort to hit RR5 (40hrs gameplay at 50 is sufficient generally with all the welfare rps playing 2hrs a week thats 5 months, 2hrs a night 5 days a week is basically a month.. not much.), if you have a multiple different characters affliction that can very much hinder you from really excelling at a single class not saying it does but focussing on one can help. You also know full well swing speed is capped at 1.5sec so 1/4 sec is 😂

Getting 3 shot is a christmas miracle as well, but its also really just qqing about being a caster dying in melee combat with no purge or recourse against it. Not a surprise to anyone really, and not something to really balance around. If u get locked in melee or worse stunned as a caster, youre likely dead..

I do wish more people were able to watch the 1v1 arena streamed as there were a rich variety of classes that succeded there. Of course BDs/Champs were heavily featured, and the main souce of annoyance... as the yawn/easymode classes but the bad players even managed to lose on those. Funnily enough there wasnt much moaning about stealthers in the 1v1 event as it was evident its possible to counter them. SHOCKING 😂

The game is not as black and white as you make out.

Focus on a toon to RR7 and see if it helps u improve, if you’re really keen to make it a fair test, do it solo, and then see if you can figure out ways to combat other classes including stealthers.
Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:53 PM by Hattrick
boho wrote:
Tue 16 Mar 2021 2:45 PM

Yeah, forget about that. That would hurt archers worse than it would assassins and nobody, not even in this thread, are complaining about archers in 1v1s. Besides, if you can't beat a same RR assassin on a light tank from alb/hib, you're doing something wrong (assuming forcing a vanish is a win here.)

As a hunter, the only real issue I have with the state of assassins is the ease of weapon swapping and thus reapplying poisons here. Back in the day, only skilled assassin players could weapon swap like that. Now anybody can do it and it makes life too easy for assassins imho.
Mon 12 Apr 2021 12:36 AM by Irkeno
Hattrick wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 11:53 PM
Besides, if you can't beat a same RR assassin on a light tank from alb/hib, you're doing something wrong (assuming forcing a vanish is a win here.)

This. Also if youre RR5 or 6+ light tank and losing to assassins at all you’re doing it wrong to be honest
Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:23 AM by Hypno
Irkeno wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 12:36 AM
Hattrick wrote:
Besides, if you can't beat a same RR assassin on a light tank from alb/hib, you're doing something wrong (assuming forcing a vanish is a win here.)

This. Also if youre RR5 or 6+ light tank and losing to assassins at all you’re doing it wrong to be honest

Depends on the player tbh, if you think you can use CS styles and stand toe to toe you will have a bad time against reflex attack 5
Mon 12 Apr 2021 5:38 PM by Hattrick
Hypno wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 11:23 AM
Irkeno wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 12:36 AM
Hattrick wrote:

Depends on the player tbh, if you think you can use CS styles and stand toe to toe you will have a bad time against reflex attack 5

Even if they have no reflex attack at all, it would be difficult to stand toe to toe. I know when I face mercs and blademasters on my hunter, their attacks do almost double what a shade or infil does to me. I know assassins dodge more and have their poisons to help even the odds but I still don't see how you could survive against one of them standing toe to toe, even if they don't use their totally not OP 9 second anytime stun
Tue 13 Apr 2021 8:17 AM by Runental
Able to restealth after 10 seconds even if ur dottet. Just saying. what a custom Bullshit.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 9:14 AM by DJ2000
The timer starts with the initial (AoE) DoT (Spell) application, and does not reset with each tick.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:04 AM by Ceen
DJ2000 wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 9:14 AM
The timer starts with the initial (AoE) DoT (Spell) application, and does not reset with each tick.
Which I think is custom and a huge love patch for any stealther.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:19 AM by DJ2000
That is correct.

Same for archers with their DoT Bows.

This does provide a benefit to all that can apply DoTs, but the mileage varies.
As a sham you can Salvage sooner (lol)
Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:21 AM by Runental
Ceen wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:04 AM
DJ2000 wrote:

Correct. Beeing able to attack and restealth while a DoT is applied is just a joke and pure love for allrdy op stealther.
No idea why this is the case here on Phoenix, I'd love to hear a statement from any staff about that.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:05 PM by Noashakra
Runental wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 11:21 AM
Ceen wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 10:04 AM
DJ2000 wrote:

Correct. Beeing able to attack and restealth while a DoT is applied is just a joke and pure love for allrdy op stealther.
No idea why this is the case here on Phoenix, I'd love to hear a statement from any staff about that.

It's the same for all the classes... If you get a sin dot and you kite, the dot dot doesn't stop you to get your speed back if you play a class with speed. Because dots and bleeds keeping you in combat was a bad mechanic, for 1vs1, 8vs8 even mass vs mass.
Saying sins are OP when you played SM with the bugged intercept pet is quite funny : o )
Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:42 PM by Briggins
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 11 Apr 2021 8:40 PM
Briggins wrote:

They were overtuned prior to the str/con debuff “fix” and even more so now, primarily due to instant weapon swaps and reapplication of poisons.

My personal opinion is weapon poison choice should matter, as it is it doesn’t. Apply and reapply everything.

I lose fights to light tanks all the time so I would hardly say assasins are OP. You cant reapply poisons in combat. Sounds like you cant get a grasp on your own class and are still in shock over it.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:46 PM by Briggins
Briggins wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:42 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Briggins wrote:

I lose fights to light tanks all the time so I would hardly say assasins are OP. You cant reapply poisons in combat. Sounds like you cant get a grasp on your own class and are still in shock over it.

To be fair though, I have no issues getting rid of auto swapping weapons. If you aren't skilled enough to change them manually from your inventory, you have issues.
Tue 13 Apr 2021 6:01 PM by Noashakra
Briggins wrote:
Tue 13 Apr 2021 4:42 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Briggins wrote:

Ignore him, it's better.
Most of the people saying sins are OP can barely play their toons in a competitive way.
(btw he meant reaplly the poison dot during the fight on the ennemy)
Tue 13 Apr 2021 6:13 PM by Astaa
Anyone tried an SB with 100% damage add yet?

How are those ticks?
Thu 15 Apr 2021 10:25 AM by Irkeno

🤷‍♂️ Sins are not the problem. The way youre preparing yourself for battle is the problem.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:10 AM by keen
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 10:25 AM
🤷‍♂️ Sins are not the problem. The way youre preparing yourself for battle is the problem.
Prime example how to take data out of context and then come up with false conclusions.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:42 AM by Sepplord
a small explanation could go far with that post....even if the data was correct

Currently i can make a ton of guesses and random assumption with that table and even when i have decided on what i want it to say, i can still read it in two different direction to get the results as i please
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:56 AM by Irkeno
Data Gruenes posted from 1v1 arena.

If youre struggling to understand X Y axis just look at the BD row for a clue.

Small ish data set? Sure. Do I expect major changes over time to these win rates? Not really, no.

Light tanks are perfectly capable of beating on assassins.

As are heavies, as are thanes and skalds and everyone else.

Assassins dont just roflstomp ‘everything’. Who knew?

BDs champs and Necros(with exceptions) are overly strong and pretty cheesy classes 1v1. Who knew.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:07 PM by Runental
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:56 AM
BDs champs and Necros(with exceptions) are overly strong and pretty cheesy classes 1v1. Who knew.

...and yet, they are still the minority in big boy rvr compared to sins,- simply cuz visible and non speed.
So again,- dont compare arena and rvr.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:23 PM by evert
Just to be clear I got BS'd successfully once in arena (10-15 fights vs sins), and I lost that fight. Every other PA/BS failed and I won. So not representative of real rvr, and that's before you get into the RA timers, etc...
Thu 15 Apr 2021 1:53 PM by Irkeno
Runental wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:07 PM
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:56 AM

...and yet, they are still the minority in big boy rvr compared to sins,- simply cuz visible and non speed.
So again,- dont compare arena and rvr.

Honestly what the F does this have to do with if sins need a nerf or not? The behaviour of groups/zergs wiping all visible soloers whenever they see them doesnt mean you need to nerf assassins.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 1:59 PM by Irkeno
evert wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:23 PM
Just to be clear I got BS'd successfully once in arena (10-15 fights vs sins), and I lost that fight. Every other PA/BS failed and I won. So not representative of real rvr, and that's before you get into the RA timers, etc...

Ive seen good tanks at RR5 invite the RR10/11 assassin to take the opener to start the fight because it's too easy without it. So again, gonna just disagree with you on that one.

But good for you for having an epileptic spinning fit on inc

Anyway, data's there. It's very possible to beat assassins. Take it how you will.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 2:35 PM by evert
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 1:59 PM
evert wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 12:23 PM

Ive seen good tanks at RR5 invite the RR10/11 assassin to take the opener to start the fight because it's too easy without it. So again, gonna just disagree with you on that one.

But good for you for having an epileptic spinning fit on inc

Anyway, data's there. It's very possible to beat assassins. Take it how you will.

I don't even know what you're arguing at this point? I don't play a tank. If you can't see the difference between having to do 3 fights with 1 purge and the opponent having full knowledge that you have to attack vs normal rvr, I don't know what to tell you. Whatever anecdote about someone you know doesn't change that.
Thu 15 Apr 2021 2:39 PM by Sepplord
Irkeno wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 1:53 PM
Honestly what the F does this have to do with if sins need a nerf or not? The behaviour of groups/zergs wiping all visible soloers whenever they see them doesnt mean you need to nerf assassins.

Not fully correct imo.
When deciding about nerfs and buffs you usually look at the whole "package" a class has to offer.

On a server where noone adds, and all fights are respected and bigger forces never attack someone outnumbered, stealth becomes a far weaker and almost unnecessary ability. On such a server it would be much more like a combat only ability, to utilize stealthopeners

On a server like phoenix though, its worth increases a ton and it is an essential bonus stealthers have over other classes

Now, if stealth is a bigger bonus than speed or being wanted in groups, that's a different discussion
Tue 8 Jun 2021 9:30 PM by boridi
Nerf assassins

https://streamable.com/tckfk9

To be fair, I killed him a few minutes earlier when I got the CD stun off and his purge/IP seemed to be down.
Tue 8 Jun 2021 9:49 PM by soremir
Lol what a necro!!
Sat 12 Jun 2021 10:50 PM by Astaa
Change vanish so that it only works if there are more than 1 enemy within 1k units.

Job done. Getting vanished on every single fight vs a sin is tedious at best. If you dont want to fight me, don't jump me.
Sun 13 Jun 2021 12:26 AM by Saroi
Astaa wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 10:50 PM
Change vanish so that it only works if there are more than 1 enemy within 1k units.

Job done. Getting vanished on every single fight vs a sin is tedious at best. If you dont want to fight me, don't jump me.

You are lucky if they just run away after vanish
Sun 13 Jun 2021 8:16 AM by Noashakra
Astaa wrote:
Sat 12 Jun 2021 10:50 PM

CC and dd are at 1.5k range.
What if you get added by an archer too?
Sun 13 Jun 2021 8:19 AM by Astaa
Then add a number of attackers rule too then, more than 1 attacker or more than 1 enemy within 1k units.
Sun 20 Jun 2021 10:39 AM by Noashakra
Guess why people play sins :
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/605891939107340319/856120594340249640/unknown.png?width=1920&height=772
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/605891939107340319/856114733378568222/unknown.png
it's like this since 10am
Tue 22 Jun 2021 11:54 AM by Schaube
In nature, a solo Lion will never attack a elephant. He simple has no chance. Now replace lion with stealther, and Elephant with Tank.
In a game like this a stealther should never have a chance against a tank. even the stealther is rr10 and the tank rr2.
That said stealthers have to group for killing a tank but in fact on this server they do not need to do so. this is why they are overpowered.

On this server a stealther just attacks any oponent he get in range. with the weapon changing and debuffs/dots/disease they are way to strong.

dot should stop to tick when the sneak dies, same for disease!

Minstrell are way to strong also. a class with so high mobility and CC should have not such a pet.

Stealthers in such a game are often advertised as difficult to play, that why they can be strong. here they are not difficult to play but strong.
Tue 22 Jun 2021 11:57 AM by inoeth
Schaube wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 11:54 AM
In nature, a solo Lion will never attack a elephant. He simple has no chance. Now replace lion with stealther, and Elephant with Tank.
In a game like this a stealther should never have a chance against a tank. even the stealther is rr10 and the tank rr2.
That said stealthers have to group for killing a tank but in fact on this server they do not need to do so. this is why they are overpowered.

On this server a stealther just attacks any oponent he get in range. with the weapon changing and debuffs/dots/disease they are way to strong.

Minstrell are way to strong also. a class with so high mobility and CC should have not such a pet.

Stealthers in such a game are often advertised as difficult to play, that why they can be strong. here they are not difficult to play but strong.

lol thats so wrong and also proven via videos already. tanks destroy assasins, even low rr
Tue 22 Jun 2021 12:58 PM by Schaube
[/quote]

lol thats so wrong and also proven via videos already. tanks destroy assasins, even low rr
[/quote]

If that would be true, why do stealther still attack tanks ? they can choose to attack or not.
For the storyboard: a stealther should be affraid if he spots a medium or large shield. He should avoid getting into combat with such a opponent at all costs.

On this server only tanks with a soloplayer skill/ra have a chance against a stealther.
Tue 22 Jun 2021 1:38 PM by inoeth
Schaube wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 12:58 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 11:57 AM

If that would be true, why do stealther still attack tanks ? they can choose to attack or not.
For the storyboard: a stealther should be affraid if he spots a medium or large shield. He should avoid getting into combat with such a opponent at all costs.

On this server only tanks with a soloplayer skill/ra have a chance against a stealther.

because n00bs are everywhere, its the players not the classes

p.s.: learn how to quote
Tue 22 Jun 2021 2:07 PM by Astaa
Schaube wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 12:58 PM

Most sins are terrible players and expect to meet terrible players. There are a handful of decent assassins on both Mid and Alb that give me huge problems on my hero, but that's mostly because I am slow to react in my old age, not because heavy tanks are weak against sins.

Then there is the AHK crew but that's an issue for all classes.
Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:42 PM by Noashakra
Schaube wrote:

Let's admit what you say is true (which isn't). So your solution is to make stealther weak so they have no chance vs havy tank, so they have to group and zerg down the solo tanks, because let's be honest, there are no solo caster except maybe some BD and Necros.
Wow, I guess everyone is going to have fun playing solo tank and finding only 1vsX...

And yeah comparing nature to a game... In nature, when you die, you die. You think perma death is fun in game? Your analogy makes no sense.

In reality, rapiers are useless vs armor, even vs chain mail (chain mail can even stop bullets, good luck piercing through it with a thrust weapon, they are not needles). They were in fashion in a time where they could be used as an every day weapon, versus bandits or other noble in clothes, and they were used for quick blows, not powerful ones. Now replace rapier with rapier and chain mail with chain mail. Should we make pierce useless vs all the armors except cloth? Thanks god you are not in charge of the server.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:21 AM by easytoremember
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 22 Jun 2021 10:42 PM
Schaube wrote:

Let's admit what you say is true (which isn't). So your solution is to make stealther weak so they have no chance vs havy tank, so they have to group and zerg down the solo tanks, because let's be honest, there are no solo caster except maybe some BD and Necros.
Wow, I guess everyone is going to have fun playing solo tank and finding only 1vsX...

And yeah comparing nature to a game... In nature, when you die, you die. You think perma death is fun in game? Your analogy makes no sense.
Alluding to something at the top of a food chain (a lion) being helpless alone against something too bulky (an elephant) has nothing to do with trying to make the game realistic. Here the lone lion devours elephants!
Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:28 AM by Irkeno
Love that this is alive again.

So funny that a load of the top sins (Tani, Exo, Beaver) rolled visis and immediately dumpstered all the assassins people where whining about.

These threads are great reading 😂 It’s like a guilty pleasure.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 5:02 AM by keen
From discord I quote: "i could (kill tanks) before the style change, ask makrele, even with his IP .)"
This is the balance we had before styles changes that assassins expect to get back with new styles. Let's see if they do get this "balancing" again.
Sins killing r10 solo tanks with IP purge up. Indeed, good balancing.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 6:24 AM by Noashakra
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:21 AM
Alluding to something at the top of a food chain (a lion) being helpless alone against something too bulky (an elephant) has nothing to do with trying to make the game realistic. Here the lone lion devours elephants!

We play a game, it's not nature or reality. Game balancing doesn't care about your stupid nature comparaison. The aim of a game is to be fun to play, in nature your aim is survival. Nature doesn't care about balancing.
I can also make a nature comparaison. Most players are bad at playing this game (fact, I will always remember when one of you on this forum said there was NO WAY you could react between a PA and creeping death, it tells volume). They are like sick or handicaped elephants, and good sins are like the predators who prey on them because they are weak. See? It's like nature. I can also make stupid comparaison.

If you want another analogy, who do you think would win in a fight, a 100kg who barely can put a foot in front of him or a 80kg guy with combat training experience ?

"i could (kill tanks) before the style change, ask makrele, even with his IP .)"

So what? With good RNG, vs average player, and with purge up, you can kill almost anything with anything.

I already kill RR11 with my 7L with only purge, and I don't even have a shield. Shield tanks on the other had, are super hard to beat.

I am glad sins can compete, otherwise I would have no fights with my visi. I already have a few sins who refuses to jump me, or for example, Polli the BM, because they know they will die So we have to wait and wait to get zerged, find one of the 10 solo visi or meet a sin with the balls to fight.

The only sins I met and didn't kill so far 1vs1 is Naas (11L+). Sins are so op, cry me a river
My big secret = MoParry 7, it's the best tool vs dual. I have almost 50% chances to parry.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 8:17 AM by easytoremember
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 6:24 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:21 AM
We play a game, it's not nature or reality. Game balancing doesn't care about your stupid nature comparaison. The aim of a game is to be fun to play, in nature your aim is survival. Nature doesn't care about balancing.
I can also make a nature comparaison. Most players are bad at playing this game (fact, I will always remember when one of you on this forum said there was NO WAY you could react between a PA and creeping death, it tells volume). They are like sick or handicaped elephants, and good sins are like the predators who prey on them because they are weak. See? It's like nature. I can also make stupid comparaison.

If you want another analogy, who do you think would win in a fight, a 100kg who barely can put a foot in front of him or a 80kg guy with combat training experience ?

The only sins I met and didn't kill so far 1vs1 is Naas (11L+). Sins are so op, cry me a river
My big secret = MoParry 7, it's the best tool vs dual. I have almost 50% chances to parry.
It is alluding to the lion and elephant not as a model
of perfection but an image of the current state: assassin (le lion) that eats everything is also able to eat tanks (le elephant) unassisted. A L L U D E
They are strong and should knocked down pegs.

Yup, latency prevents you from spinning around and using slam- you either don't swing at all or it is unstyled because the server does not accept your orientation in time (which would be resolved *gasp* by preserving style queue through no los). No reason to mock people for having shitty ping. Packet loss also causes times where the assassin appears as CD hits.

Your MoP is worthless vs strafe and I assume walkthroughs still work after the arc reduction
Wed 23 Jun 2021 8:53 AM by Noashakra
"Yup, latency prevents you from spinning around and using slam"

I do it all the time and I have a shit latency. Nobody has 1.5s latency. The problem is you. You refuse to accept it.

"Your MoP is worthless vs strafe and I assume walkthroughs still work after the arc reduction"

Lmao, that must be why I rekt stealthers on a regular basis. Learn how to counterstraff.
I have 95% winrate vs assassins in the 1vs1 arena, nobody beat me except odenoxx (but the NS pierce is broken atm and needs a nerf), I went 2-0 against everybody else.
RA = MoParry 7 IP 2 Purge 5
"useless"
Wed 23 Jun 2021 9:34 AM by Blitze
Yeah no matter my Latency:
Sidestrafe has never been avoidable (and it completely nullifies my Friar's defences).
Run through was avoidable, usually by sprinting backwards, however, the huge End cost of Friars new styles (alongside the relatively recently nerfed end-redux) means that is not so feasible any more.

In summary, Assassins are very strong in this iteration of DAoC as witnessed by them having a chance to kill every class 1v1, i can't remember another time in DAoC where Assassins had a chance to kill every class... There were always a few that were off-limits.

Assassins are also super popular here (i think last i checked making up ~80% of my solo-fights), which is partly due to Assassins power level and partly due to visi-soloing being a soul-destroying playstyle.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 10:14 AM by inoeth
Blitze wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 9:34 AM
Yeah no matter my Latency:
Sidestrafe has never been avoidable (and it completely nullifies my Friar's defences).
Run through was avoidable, usually by sprinting backwards, however, the huge End cost of Friars new styles (alongside the relatively recently nerfed end-redux) means that is not so feasible any more.

In summary, Assassins are very strong in this iteration of DAoC as witnessed by them having a chance to kill every class 1v1, i can't remember another time in DAoC where Assassins had a chance to kill every class... There were always a few that were off-limits.

Assassins are also super popular here (i think last i checked making up ~80% of my solo-fights), which is partly due to Assassins power level and partly due to visi-soloing being a soul-destroying playstyle.

i doubt that tbh
you mostly run into the same 10 assassins all the time and 8 of them are rr10+ and really know what they are doing. you cant tell anyone that a random low rr assassin is able to kill any class at will, thats just wrong.

"super popular" are archers

btw for what do you need defensives? just spam excommunicate...
friar has endu reduction so your endu costs should not be so much of a problem. i think you making things up a bit
Wed 23 Jun 2021 10:17 AM by Noashakra

No they weren't. Dual had 50% defense pénétration vs shield and evade, and only 25% here. You could reaply dot on each swing, boosting your DPS even more. Not possible here.
Phoenix actually nerfed the assassins compared to live on the same patch note. The difference is that most people were bad and didn't switch and spammed garrot without endo pots > OOE in 4/5 styles.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:02 AM by keen
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 10:17 AM

No they weren't. Dual had 50% defense pénétration vs shield and evade, and only 25% here. You could reaply dot on each swing, boosting your DPS even more. Not possible here.
Phoenix actually nerfed the assassins compared to live on the same patch note. The difference is that most people were bad and didn't switch and spammed garrot without endo pots > OOE in 4/5 styles.
Again assassins perception. poisons hitting each swing was removed from live as on phoenix.Poisons are much stronger on phoenix. Champ gets his debuffs scaled to potions, assassins debuffs don't get this on phoenix. Poisons are scaled for +155stats instead of 50 + viper being more point efficient on level5 than level 1. Whatever have fun in you assassin bubble.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:15 AM by inoeth
keen wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:02 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 10:17 AM

Again assassins perception. poisons hitting each swing was removed from live as on phoenix.Poisons are much stronger on phoenix. Champ gets his debuffs scaled to potions, assassins debuffs don't get this on phoenix. Poisons are scaled for +155stats instead of 50 + viper being more point efficient on level5 than level 1. Whatever have fun in you assassin bubble.

who cares about that when an off tank kicks your ass in 5 swings?
i think this is a l2p issue for you if you cant handle assassins
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:20 AM by Noashakra
keen wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:02 AM

They were removed from live, but at the same patch level, you could do it. They removed that WAY later, you could still do it when I stopped post catacombs...
Poisons didn't scale for buffs, they were at the same value when buff bots weren't a thing. Also on live you could not spam slam to stun an asn, so if you were not luck with your first two slams, you were doing no damage for the rest of the fight.
To finish, the most efficent for viper is viper 1 and 2, followed by 5, 3 and 4 being the worst.
Funny how you say I am in a bubble when you deny reality.
I don't even play sin anymore btw

The fact is most of the people complaining here are just terrible players (the excuse about not being able to slam in 1.6/1.7s because of latency being the best example. When I take a PA, I instant stick and style, a bad connection has 100ms latency, it lets you 1.4s at worst to react, it's really the worst excuse in the world lmao)

I still I see people on twich/youtube panning the camera with the keyboard at RR11 and playing almost 100% with the mouse for macros, after playing 15+ years!!!!! The average player of daoc is just bad.

An infamous archer rr11L on mid last time took 6 seconds to switch from spear to bow because he tried to kite and was pannicked.
On the other hand, most of the succesful solo sins are fantastic players (Naas, Odenoxx, Tani/bellelle, Hamebone, Tila, Redbull, Mcnasty, etc.).

Most tanks solo don't even double dot with feather/crafted weapons and play with one LT weapon...
Best example was Faturday, complaining all day long because his thane could not kill anything with his thane 10L. And then I met Lhei on her thane 4L, and she shredded my NS 9L...
Wed 23 Jun 2021 1:18 PM by keen
Wall of text? Sure assassin players are just gifted, that must be the reason.
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:20 AM
To finish, the most efficent for viper is viper 1 and 2, followed by 5, 3 and 4 being the worst.
Maybe you better check your math before accusing others. Only elementary skills needed.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 1:34 PM by Astaa
I used to chew through stealthers 2-3 at a time on Excal on hero, no way on earth that would happen here, and the reason is mostly the difference in buffs vs debuff.

But that's kind of fair, 1 class shouldn't be able to beat 3 players at once toe to toe. Sure it would be nice to be able to fight back vs all the trash but from a balance POV, nope.
Wed 23 Jun 2021 1:44 PM by Noashakra
keen wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 1:18 PM
Wall of text? Sure assassin players are just gifted, that must be the reason.
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 11:20 AM
Maybe you better check your math before accusing others. Only elementary skills needed.

Viper 1 = 10%/5 = 2
Viper 2 = 25%/10 = 2,5
Viper 3 = 35%/15 = 2,33
Viper 4 = 50%/22 = 2,27
Viper 5 = 50%/22 = 2,5
Sorry I was wrong, it's viper 2 = viper 5, 1 being the worst. I had them mixed.
I was wrong, I have to admit here.

I used to chew through stealthers 2-3 at a time on Excal on hero, no way on earth that would happen here, and the reason is mostly the difference in buffs vs debuff.

For me the main diffence is player quality, lots of scubs were playing sins (my best friend at the time was playing sticked, with garrot+hachilles hill, switching his weapons ever 3 swings max), I was also chewing them 1vs2 or 1vs3 on my melee ranger and vampire, but the few that played well, it was another story.
Thu 24 Jun 2021 4:34 PM by Noashakra
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 23 Jun 2021 8:17 AM
Yup, latency prevents you from spinning around and using slam- you either don't swing at all or it is unstyled because the server does not accept your orientation in time (which would be resolved *gasp* by preserving style queue through no los). No reason to mock people for having shitty ping. Packet loss also causes times where the assassin appears as CD hits.

https://ibb.co/3hqdCXj

When the possible meet the impossible
The possimpible.
I hate a PA while standing on the bridge, looking at my second screen, and I still had the time to react

And btw, packet loss that make the assassin appear 1.5s after PA... If you don't lie, maybe consider stop playing online games completly with this connection from the 90s... The problem is not the assassins
Thu 24 Jun 2021 6:05 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 24 Jun 2021 4:34 PM
easytoremember wrote:

https://ibb.co/3hqdCXj

When the possible meet the impossible
The possimpible.
I hate a PA while standing on the bridge, looking at my second screen, and I still had the time to react

And btw, packet loss that make the assassin appear 1.5s after PA... If you don't lie, maybe consider stop playing online games completly with this connection from the 90s... The problem is not the assassins

dont feed the troll ;D
Thu 24 Jun 2021 10:09 PM by easytoremember
Noashakra wrote:
easytoremember wrote:
Packet loss means whatever you missed gets resent and happens in fast forward. A dropped connection successfully reconnecting without LD is the most extreme example.
Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:05 AM by Noashakra
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 24 Jun 2021 10:09 PM
Noashakra wrote:
easytoremember wrote:
Packet loss means whatever you missed gets resent and happens in fast forward. A dropped connection successfully reconnecting without LD is the most extreme example.

https://ibb.co/NWddLXs
Again, even if you have packet loss (lol), sin are not OP, you need another internet provider.
Fri 25 Jun 2021 8:27 AM by Sepplord
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:05 AM
https://ibb.co/NWddLXs
Again, even if you have packet loss (lol), sin are not OP, you need another internet provider.

In be4 eastcoast/westcoast argument is leveraged
Fri 25 Jun 2021 8:54 AM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 8:27 AM
In be4 eastcoast/westcoast argument is leveraged

Haha and what about the pacifica area, china, austrlia, japan, etc? /s

Maybe, just maybe, the people who have "connection problems" you should stop playing on a EU server, and also stop asking for class nerf because of their distance to the server
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics