Warrior questions....

Started 8 Jan 2021
by Dakkhon
in Midgard
So I want to make a warrior and initially I will be just solo camping keeps and bridges to just get some fights in and for fun. I know ill be run over a lot and stealthed to death lol. My questions are should I get DeT as high as possible at first or do I even need it when solo and second what points should I put in at start up for qui if any as a troll? Ill make him during the event if we get to do it soon. This way I can get some RA's under my belt as well as have a ton of fun.

Also thrown weapons...should any points be put in that to maybe just stop speed from someone running away? Or does it work like that. I have never made a warrior but it seems like a lot fun to be had in solo or group. Thanks for any tips you may have on this. I am guessing race doesnt matter but if you didnt want to be a troll what race would you choose?
Fri 8 Jan 2021 9:41 AM by Sepplord
Race = dwarf
eyepatch is just too sexy (but it probably isn't the best statwise if you absolutely want to min/max, overall it doesn't make a huge difference)

speccing throw weapons is a waste

If you do not want to group, then i would not recommend DET.
The enemies you will meet solo will be almost exclusively stealthers, minstrels and other tanks/hybrids

DET only works against casted CC, not against meleestuns, so it would only help against minstrels, and even in that matchup you would probably prefer other RAs early (purge/IP/Mastery of block & parry)

Learn your attacktiming, and always switch to 1h/shield when not swinging, switch to 2H->attack->switch back to shield immediatly, for maximum defense
Fri 8 Jan 2021 10:35 AM by Dakkhon
Thank you very much for the info. Ill be in the event leveling him so maybe ill take it in there until i hit 50 then change. I love the dwarf and the eye patch. I just want to do the big hits and I am trying to figure out how much damage loss from troll to dwarf. May have to make 2 warriors hehe. Still I watched some vids and I am still loving the class. I am thinking of trying some out of the box things. Like maybe putting DoT on my armor to increase damage over time save for shield and chest piece. Maybe a insta dd charge on gloves for pesky casters or runaways. But thats a bit off.

Oh one mroe question crush seems to be the favorite type pf damage. Slash is no good due to styles and lack of cc?
Fri 8 Jan 2021 10:42 AM by Sepplord
Hammer is the got to weapon in midgard because it has back- and sidesnare
For you as a solo that is not that important, and other speccs are probably even better for 1vs1 fights

That's a topic though where i am not informed well enough to give advice

There are also race-respeccs available. They are quite expensive but i personally would always rather farm for one of those, instead of levelling (and more importantly RRing up) a second of the same class. If you want to switch race very often, or always play solo in the morning and group at night...then it might make sense (as also RA respecc-costs would add up quite fast going from solo to groupspec and back).
But if it's more of a thing that you would maybe try out for a few weeks sometime in the future, then don't worry about that too much as racechoice isn't permanent
Fri 8 Jan 2021 10:54 AM by Dakkhon
ok cool. i figured that with the event I could get one 50 and possibly a second or very close to it. Ty again. Cant wait
Fri 8 Jan 2021 11:07 AM by Sepplord
Dakkhon wrote:
Fri 8 Jan 2021 10:54 AM
ok cool. i figured that with the event I could get one 50 and possibly a second or very close to it. Ty again. Cant wait

yeah, i'm also hyped for it as i will be able to play 2evenings this time
If you have no other plans, you will easily be able to get two to 50...for me the RR grind is the more daunting task, but that's personal preference
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Midgard or the latest topics