Zul wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 11:19 AM
... and what about the starting stats?

Added a paragraph about starting stats under race section
<Grandfather of All Skalds>
Sat 19 Dec 2020 7:54 AM by Catkain
Vkejai wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 9:21 PM
Does Battlesongs in temp make much difference ?

In the context of a template, nothing makes a big difference but the sum of a full cap template will make you a #godofthearena and a #majesticskaldlord. Battle songs are the essence of our skaldiness and it cannot be ignored, but templates come down to money and if you are looking to save money then I would rather leave out power than +bs.
Mon 25 Jan 2021 5:44 AM by Ordoch
#1. "Ring of Prey Skewering (drops from somewhere, found in housing 1p)"

--Can craft same thing with 10/10 charges for less than 40gold. Alchemy: Stable Honing Arcanium Tincture. Tailoring: any MP armor piece (the lower lvl the better). Use it from inventory.

#2. If using crafted small shield consider using a DD charge on it for a 3rd "shout" dd interrupt. (More useful as 8v8/zerg) Ablative/heal may be more beneficial for solo/smallie.
Stable Withering Arcanium Tincture onto crafted gear (small shield good candidate or boots/gloves) yields a str/con debuff with value 56 (body), lasts 1min. IMPORTANT: RANGE= 300, item must be equipped!!
Mortavai Shaman - Chaa Warrior - Chaali Hunter - Vidur Shadowblade - Bolverkr Savage - Sigrath Thane - Kalsarikannit SM
Tue 26 Jan 2021 10:55 PM by Catkain
Thank you for inputs!

Added protip about DA craftable item to guide. The dd one, I dont like so I didnt add it
Thu 28 Jan 2021 3:28 PM by Feiht
The best skald information all in one place. Well done!
Fri 19 Feb 2021 6:10 PM by Ushysen
Good try Catkain. You need more experience of soloing, a more Mdps aproche maybe . Your minstrel gameplay work on 10% of fight? .. i kill u sometime with r3/ r5 toons... with your rank you can do really really better !
Sun 21 Feb 2021 8:52 PM by Catkain
Luckily this is not a Catkain-gameplay review thread as I am sure that would not bring out the most constructive of feedbacks. Only 6 other people on this server have died more than me so I assure you that your experience was in no way special for either of us.

You refer to my minstrel-game as a weakness and I agree: minstrels are never easy wins if the minstrel is good. If you killed me on your rr2 minstrel then there is a good chance you are good!

I have died to many low rr toons, but in that case my biggest lesson is this: Don’t save ra’s for “next fight”, focus on the target in front of you as the RNG gods can always surprise you and put you face down/ass up.

Thanks for your feedback though bro, please do not hesitate to provide more specific feedback/input here, in game or on discord. I am in no way perfect or the best at this stuff, I am just the first guy who thought of writing some of it down <3
Tue 23 Feb 2021 8:53 PM by Phenelophe
thanks for this post with so much passion. Helps me a lot and i found out that the Ring of prey skewering is a drop of a NPC in Malmohus called Arnulv (15900, 32400 + 57900, 57300) is. Maybe it drops. But dont know the Droprate. Thanks again for your post <3
Wed 17 Mar 2021 10:43 PM by Kaiawin
Ordoch wrote:
Mon 25 Jan 2021 5:44 AM
#1. "Ring of Prey Skewering (drops from somewhere, found in housing 1p)"

--Can craft same thing with 10/10 charges for less than 40gold. Alchemy: Stable Honing Arcanium Tincture. Tailoring: any MP armor piece (the lower lvl the better). Use it from inventory.

#2. If using crafted small shield consider using a DD charge on it for a 3rd "shout" dd interrupt. (More useful as 8v8/zerg) Ablative/heal may be more beneficial for solo/smallie.
Stable Withering Arcanium Tincture onto crafted gear (small shield good candidate or boots/gloves) yields a str/con debuff with value 56 (body), lasts 1min. IMPORTANT: RANGE= 300, item must be equipped!!

Does this crafted DA stack with skalds‘ one?
Thu 18 Mar 2021 5:48 PM by Catkain
Yes it stacks with DA-chant and Anger of the gods

Return to Midgard or the latest topics