Cleric temp

Started 22 May 2021
by muertorix
in Albion
Hi,

i'm pretty new here and struggle with a decent temp for cleric (40 enh, 36 rev). Actually i have Epic armor, the rest are random drops.
I have absolutely no clue how to build one. Is there any resource to look after prebuilds?

Thanks
Sat 22 May 2021 12:14 PM by Kwall0311
Check out this post made by another player. Look under the templating section, might be some useful information.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/server/tavern/28739-phoenix-cheatsheet-for-noobies-like-me#p157444
Sun 23 May 2021 4:25 PM by Hattrick
Because of the nature of Phoenix's loot system of randomly generated items, there are no real cookie cutter templates like the good old days. If you want to make your own templates, you can, and it isn't even very hard to do.

The first thing you'll need to do is get a spellcrafting program of some sort. I use Zenkcraft, a lot of folks use Loki and there are a couple others out there also. Unless you are like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind with numbers, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to make a template without one of those programs.

So you have your program, what is the next step? Personally, what I do is start with the accessory items like belts, bracers, rings, etc. Almost everyone uses the SI neck quest necklace and most get it as soon as they hit 50 so the accessories seems like a logical place to start to me. Get the SI neck and plug it into your template in your program. Next I will go through the webapp and seek out medium utility accessories that aren't carrying a ridiculous price tag and buy whatever I can. As you get each one, plug it into your SC program so you can see exactly where you are on your stats vs. your caps. The last thing you want to do is spend money on a piece that is going to overcap you by 5% on some resist because you weren't updating after each new item. When I am looking at accessories, I tend to focus mostly on resists as resists seem to be very common entries on most ROGs.

One thing I will add on accessories because you may not be aware of it. They can be improved on stats and resists by spellcrafters. Say you find a bracer that has only 50 utility but it has 9 different entries on it and 3 of those are resists at 1%, that item is actually pretty decent as you can tweak a point or two onto those 1% resists to make them 2% or 3% without spending a fortune, and that will help you make your caps.

The next thing I will do after that is plug in any feather items you intend to use like the Sidi chest piece. Once you have those plugged in, you can start looking at your remaining armor slots and figuring out spellcrafting stats that will (hopefully) fill in whatever gaps you have left. Loki will do that for you while Zenkcraft does not have that function yet, but it's easy enough to do manually on Zenk because the UI is super easy to use. If you're not wanting to do a weaponless template, make sure you have the weapon enabled so its stats are included also.

That's a quick and dirty primer on templating. There's more to it, but that's enough to get you started.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics