Increasing Necromancer Group Utility discussion

Started 5 Apr 2021
by necrolove1
in Albion
TLDR: Necros need some group utility in their other lines for 8man/Smallman, without making them too strong in other gameplay styles.

Currently, heck since the launch of the class, the necromancer has very little group utility and their DPS output can be a little lackluster at range. For a long time, Necromancers have been pigeon-holed into being a 1 trick pony (in 8mans at least) the AF debuff and Power transfer. While these are great abilities and can work well in a tank group setup, there is still a lot to be desired.

This brings about the age ole problem of ''how do we give abilities to a class without making it overpowered as heck''. Certainly, Necromancers are already pretty strong in the solo game as Deathsight spec, so adding more abilities would only upset the soloer community which I can understand. And TBH I think Death sight is fine adding more to this spec line would be silly.

This is why I suggest adding more group utility abilities into the Painworking or Death Servant spec lines starting at about level 35-39.

Some things that would be nice for the Painworking line would be: Single target /AOE disease, Root, Single Target Unbreakable snare (similar to the current AOE one just single target) That has its own immunity timer, though I think it already does.

- A little side note, I think it would be interesting if the disease was in the form of a Fire and forget zombie that chased after a target casting pulsing PBAOE disease (that doesn't interrupt, CC immune though has very low HP) Staying in the spirit of summoning the undead. But might be meh to balance but just I'd thought it throw it out there.

Some things that would be nice for the Deathservant line would be: a Higher delve single target DD (something more in line with alb caster groups), A group chant maybe ABS buff.

Overall the idea would be specing into different lines depending on what you want to do. Or split specing if that what the situation calls for. But overall not increasing solo aspect of fighting a necro.
Mon 5 Apr 2021 5:04 AM by Magesty
I’m not sure how balanced this suggestion is as I don’t 8v8, but you certainly have the right approach to the design. There are so many skill lines in this game that are completely useless or partially useless, and as a result the class is forced into a very narrow band of specs.

I’ve never understood why the game was consistently designed with so many lines that were clearly deficient in PvP. Even lines that are decent like friar staff have inexplicably bad styles/abilities at high spec. Isn’t a game where the classes all have distinct spec choices with a couple of thematically appropriate, non-situational components in the higher spec levels much more interesting and replayable?
Wed 7 Apr 2021 11:29 AM by sebbo
Basically, you want the necro to be changed because you prefer necro for farming and dont want to play cabby. kk.
Wed 7 Apr 2021 11:40 AM by Ceen
Well applying the same rules for the unbreakable snare aoe dd as eld aoe snare would be enough.
Right now it lasts like 2 seconds and gives root immunity - haha
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:55 AM by necrolove1
sebbo wrote:
Wed 7 Apr 2021 11:29 AM
Basically, you want the necro to be changed because you prefer necro for farming and dont want to play cabby. kk.

I don't think I mentioned PvE once in my post lol...
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:16 PM by sebbo
necrolove1 wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:55 AM

Just dont buy a bicycle and expect it to be converted into a car. You knew right from the start that a necro normally isnt a real group char, except for PvE groups, or in a few cases during keeptakes/relicraids to battery everyone. Still, you chose to play necro. Now you wonder that it doesnt get group invites, so you want some change on the class itself.
Overthink that.

Btw. my cleric s*cks in melee fights, maybe they should make cleric more usefull in pvp and give him some weapon styles and stuff. Instamezz would be cool as well. And maybe enduchant. And charge. Speed, dont forget the speed chant!
Fri 16 Apr 2021 12:00 AM by easytoremember
sebbo wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:16 PM
You knew right from the start that a necro normally isnt a real group char, except for PvE groups, or in a few cases during keeptakes/relicraids to battery everyone. Still, you chose to play necro. Now you wonder that it doesnt get group invites, so you want some change on the class itself.
Congratulations figuring out the point of the thread. It's funny you throwing this at him as if you discovered a nefarious hidden plot when it's the title of the thread and even summarized in the first paragraph, schizo
Fri 16 Apr 2021 2:25 AM by necrolove1
sebbo wrote:
Thu 15 Apr 2021 11:16 PM
necrolove1 wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 1:55 AM

Just dont buy a bicycle and expect it to be converted into a car. You knew right from the start that a necro normally isnt a real group char, except for PvE groups, or in a few cases during keeptakes/relicraids to battery everyone. Still, you chose to play necro. Now you wonder that it doesnt get group invites, so you want some change on the class itself.
Overthink that.

Btw. my cleric s*cks in melee fights, maybe they should make cleric more useful in PVP and give him some weapon styles and stuff. Instamezz would be cool as well. And maybe enduchant. And charge. Speed, don't forget the speed chant!

Thus the reason for the creation of the post... There was an idea that Mythic had when they made the class, but after the years the result is, it's lacking some group utility simple as that. Pheonix staff has been adding some group utility to other classes why not the necro?

The post is a discussion on how to make the class better w/o making it OP in other game play styles. Do you really think the class is fine as is 8 man?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics