Friar proc for 15% of their health?

Started 7 Mar 2021
by joshisanonymous
in Albion
I had a friar hitting me and healing themselves for about 15% of their health every two or three swings. Where does this come from? It doesn't seem to be the buff proc that they can spec for since that maxes at a heal of 100, and I can't seem to find some fancy staff listed. Is there maybe some weird interaction between the buff proc and wild healing/mastery of healing?
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:21 AM by Kurbsen
they get a self buff that procs on hit heal proc and also can have a staff with heal proc as well
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:33 AM by joshisanonymous
Kurbsen wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:21 AM
they get a self buff that procs on hit heal proc and also can have a staff with heal proc as well

The self buff shouldn't be 15% of their HP, though, unless there's some weird interactions with RAs. What's the staff? Does it proc for like 300? It's not a combination of procs that I was seeing, it was individual procs for 15% of their HP.
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:55 PM by gromet12
It procs for 230 (180value)

Add a 5.0 delay it procs 25% of the time
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:38 PM by joshisanonymous
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 7 Mar 2021 6:55 PM

LT on what? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

(The effect looked more like a heal proc than a LT proc, by the way. Might not mean anything, but that's what I saw.)
Mon 8 Mar 2021 9:41 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:38 PM
gromet12 wrote:

(The effect looked more like a heal proc than a LT proc, by the way. Might not mean anything, but that's what I saw.)

That's an "i" not an "l", the word is it.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 4:11 AM by joshisanonymous
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 9:41 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 8 Mar 2021 5:38 PM
gromet12 wrote:

That's an "i" not an "l", the word is it.

Still not clear what "it" is, then. Assuming he's referring to the heal proc buff from the rejuv line, it's also not clear to me what's going on still. Charplan lists the top one as having "Value 100", so either it mean's 100% of the damage, which would be weird for a heal proc, or it's wrong and should say 180. Also, the patch notes just said it was nerfed from 15% to 10% proc, so nowhere near 25%.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 7:36 AM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Tue 9 Mar 2021 4:11 AM
Still not clear what "it" is, then.

The staff you asked about in the post prior to his.
Tue 9 Mar 2021 1:48 PM by gromet12
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 9 Mar 2021 7:36 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Thank you! I thought it was obvious since he asked
joshisanonymous wrote: The self buff shouldn't be 15% of their HP, though, unless there's some weird interactions with RAs. What's the staff? Does it proc for like 300? It's not a combination of procs that I was seeing, it was individual procs for 15% of their HP.

Then next post...

gromet12 wrote: It procs for 230 (180value)

I thought that was easy to understand but oh well!

The staff is the faith bound cudgel which is very common for friars to use, I only swapped out of it when I needed to snare or vs a DWer (due to how RA works...reflex attack that is)
Tue 9 Mar 2021 2:20 PM by joshisanonymous
gromet12 wrote:
Tue 9 Mar 2021 1:48 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 9 Mar 2021 7:36 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:

Thank you! I thought it was obvious since he asked
joshisanonymous wrote: The self buff shouldn't be 15% of their HP, though, unless there's some weird interactions with RAs. What's the staff? Does it proc for like 300? It's not a combination of procs that I was seeing, it was individual procs for 15% of their HP.

Then next post...

gromet12 wrote: It procs for 230 (180value)

I thought that was easy to understand but oh well!

The staff is the faith bound cudgel which is very common for friars to use, I only swapped out of it when I needed to snare or vs a DWer (due to how RA works...reflex attack that is)

Due to the lack of quoting, scope of it, and range of possible references for proc that had been mentioned in both my last message and previous messages, no it wasn't easy to understand. Thanks for finally giving a clear answer, but no need to be snide.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics