Shield in PvP - Large Versus Small

Started 28 Jan 2021
by jlxscholar
in Albion
Does a large shield in PvP work the same way it does in PvE?

i.e. equipping a large shield I can block up to 3 opponents at once?

or can I equip a small shield in PvP and still block the same as a large?

Need to know for temp, TY
Thu 28 Jan 2021 2:44 PM by Montereyjack1
The shields work the same in PVP (Guard/blocking will attempt to block for any attacker). The difference is in attack/weapon speed, and Endurance cost of shield styles.
Thu 28 Jan 2021 2:53 PM by jlxscholar
Montereyjack1 wrote:
Thu 28 Jan 2021 2:44 PM
The shields work the same in PVP (Guard/blocking will attempt to block for any attacker). The difference is in attack/weapon speed, and Endurance cost of shield styles.

Still a bit unclear - so a small shield can block as many targets as a large in PvP?
Thu 28 Jan 2021 3:07 PM by ExcretusMaximus
There is no limit to attackers able to be blocked, shield size dictates your maximum chance.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team/25495-does-shield-size-matter-in-rvr-for-block-rate-vs-multiple-enemies#p138094

https://forum.playphoenix.online/get-involved/ask-the-team/25495-does-shield-size-matter-in-rvr-for-block-rate-vs-multiple-enemies#p137989
Thu 28 Jan 2021 3:38 PM by DJ2000
I remember that.

I also remember that i forgot to actually test that lol.

Let me try an example, correct me if i am wrong.

Theoretical example: (only lvl50 enemies. Higher lvl Pets do lower rates by simply being higher lvl)

Using vs 1 enemy:
In PvE Large shields have a 99% block cap, medium have 90% and small have 80%.
In RvR all are the same (or all are treated as Large, if you will)
If your Block chance is 80%, it will remain 80% with any shield.

Using vs X enemies:
If your Block chance is 80%, it will diminish in relation to the number of enemies you are facing. With a Large shield it will diminish less when compared to a small shield.
There is no "cap" on how many you can block with any kind of shield. A small shield will not stop blocking enemies once they exceed a "cap" of for example 2 enemies.
So if 20 enemies would try to hit you, you would have actual block chance rolls against every single one. The block chance itself would get lowered by the amount of attackers though. A penalty for every +enemy so to speak.
That penalty is lower when using Large shields.

Using GUARD vs any amount of enemies:
There is no +enemy Penalty when using Guard, so your Block chance can not get lowered by that penalty.
If your Block chance is 80%, it will remain 80% with any shield.
Sat 30 Jan 2021 10:26 AM by Simon73
For what i saw doing tests with my pally, with small shield compared to big shield you loose something like 0,5% block chance.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics