A couple changes to siege to encourage real RvR

Started 5 Jun 2021
by Ogos
in Suggestions
It has become pretty routine for tower takes to be just another pve exercise. Yeah, a few easy realm points but this is not fun.

I played from launch 20 years ago until the ToA grind wore me out. One of the things I remember as being great fun were some of the amazing tower and keep battles that raged back and forth for long periods of time. I miss that and I have been trying to figure out why that doesn't happen here. Among many differences is the fact that structure mounted oil, trebs and palintones are almost instantly destroyed in an attack. When these are gone defenders have no toys to use in defense. It used to be that when a tower lit up people ran towards it expecting a battle. Now people jump out the back and come by later to pve it.

A fortified structure is supposed to be defensible whereby a small force might be able to hold off a larger one.

Some ideas to make this possible:

1. Any structure mounted equipment should have perhaps 20 or more times the hit points it does now. It should last for minutes under fire, not seconds. Equipment that shows up in a backpack can stay as is. Amount of damage done by devices can stay as it is.

2. Building models with murder slots would let defenders actually defend instead of just wait to be overrun.

3. Oil and siege equipment should not be subject to magic damage.

4. Siege equipment should work normally until it is destroyed. No more crippled devices taking up space uselessly.

What would this accomplish?

Defenders would have some heavy gear to defend with if they are able to hold position to operate it.

Melee classes would have a lot more to do. Just picture heavy tanks (if they have some healing) running the oil and palintones and the wall crawlers trying to knock them off it.

A stealther on the oil could be a nasty surprise.

Towers might not change hands as often but realm point totals would likely go up.

Perhaps large scale confrontations could occur more frequently. When 3 zergs collide it is the stuff of legends.

Any thoughts?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics