porting delay

Started 4 Jun 2021
by inoeth
in Suggestions
get rid of it! nowadays its the most annoying thing on this server....
i mean what is it for? is it to prevent assassins to kill the enemy they lost to earlier and now want to kill it while they still have desease? or is it to prevent instant porting to keeps that being attacked? but why is it on keept that are not attacked?

i dont see any plausible reason here. help
Fri 4 Jun 2021 8:02 PM by gotwqqd
Pretty bad how everyone needs immediate gratification
Fri 4 Jun 2021 8:47 PM by inoeth
phfeew hm not sure what you are about, i mean porting gives you gratification? well, waiting for 40s for no reason is defenitly not something i feel gratified about...

can anyone relate? #FREEEDOMtoPort #makeportinggreatagain
Fri 4 Jun 2021 9:09 PM by Uthred
NO
Fri 4 Jun 2021 10:07 PM by Nephamael
suggestion 1: put it to 15s

suggestion 2: put it to 0s for solos
Fri 4 Jun 2021 10:32 PM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Fri 4 Jun 2021 9:09 PM
NO
Sat 5 Jun 2021 3:27 AM by Nephamael
how about 20s?
Sat 5 Jun 2021 7:37 AM by Uthred
There is a reason why it is in and there is also a reason why the duration of the delay is like it is. We think it is good as it is and we dont have any plans nor do we see any needs to change it.

Or in different words: NO.
Sat 5 Jun 2021 8:10 AM by inoeth
would you be so kind to explain that?
Sat 5 Jun 2021 9:17 AM by ExcretusMaximus
It's not hard to grasp.

They introduced the delay when they added instant buffs. They clearly do not want full groups buffing in 10 seconds and porting back to a fight with no real delay and at full strength.
Sat 5 Jun 2021 9:36 AM by Uthred
Correct.
Sat 5 Jun 2021 10:14 AM by inoeth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 5 Jun 2021 9:17 AM
It's not hard to grasp.

They introduced the delay when they added instant buffs. They clearly do not want full groups buffing in 10 seconds and porting back to a fight with no real delay and at full strength.

ah okay makes sense, didnt know that buffs are instant now.
Sat 5 Jun 2021 6:16 PM by Nephamael
It's not hard to grasp.

Yeah, i assume it is targeting zergfights at/close to portable keeps, that's why i suggested to make a difference between solos and groups, but aparently Uthred sees it different than i do.

Imo it could also exclude the EV teleporter, as that one is almost exclusively used for gvg. But again - maybe there are other reasons, why the DEVs want us to drink a coffee after respawn.

I would actually also appreciate elaboration into detail there rather than "No, because there are reasons"
Sat 5 Jun 2021 6:23 PM by easytoremember
I liked being able to corpse rush an open port
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics