Buff pots!

Started 25 May 2021
by Astaa
in Suggestions
Is there any way buff pots can be looked at to improve them?

Firstly I played with at least 1 buffbot on live, for a time I had 3 bots for various buffs and I much prefer buff pots, its more of a level playing field and far less hassle for everyone.

Classes are balanced around 8 man, which is fine, it makes absolute sense because it is a constant number, and it would be impossible to balance for solo or for zerg.
However...most classes are designed to be buffed and to be fighting buffed players. I feel it could iron out some complaints about solo/small man play while not really changing all that much for the overall game, groups/zergs would still need support/buff classes.

(Hib POV) I realise some spec lines have benefits, which would be watered down slightly, for example champ str/con, ranger dex/qui, AF and str self buffs but champs would still need high valour for debuffs, and it might actually help rangers and make hybrid more attractive, rather than being forced into high archery and high PF, especially at low RR.

Perhaps even add a condition to them where PVE side they are as they are now but in the frontiers make them base level high tier (MoArcane no longer affects them anyway) in the RvR zones.
Tue 25 May 2021 1:44 PM by Sagz
Astaa wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021 6:33 AM
Is there any way buff pots can be looked at to improve them?

Firstly I played with at least 1 buffbot on live, for a time I had 3 bots for various buffs and I much prefer buff pots, its more of a level playing field and far less hassle for everyone.

Classes are balanced around 8 man, which is fine, it makes absolute sense because it is a constant number, and it would be impossible to balance for solo or for zerg.
However...most classes are designed to be buffed and to be fighting buffed players. I feel it could iron out some complaints about solo/small man play while not really changing all that much for the overall game, groups/zergs would still need support/buff classes.

(Hib POV) I realise some spec lines have benefits, which would be watered down slightly, for example champ str/con, ranger dex/qui, AF and str self buffs but champs would still need high valour for debuffs, and it might actually help rangers and make hybrid more attractive, rather than being forced into high archery and high PF, especially at low RR.

Perhaps even add a condition to them where PVE side they are as they are now but in the frontiers make them base level high tier (MoArcane no longer affects them anyway) in the RvR zones.

I am trying to determine where your complaint is come from. Are you saying when you are solo, and using pot buffs, the disadvantage is the strength of the pot buff? If you are fighting buffed players, they either have the same pot buffs as you, or they have another person with them, who has buffed them, and can heal them, sooo the problem is not the buff pot strength imo.

The only thing that could be done, and not be game breaking is making them 20 min vs 10. But even that, its not that big of a deal, that's more of a gold sink think to have to buy more often.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics