Celestius

Started 24 Apr 2021
by CharlieFil
in Suggestions
I feel like not many people is doing Celestius. To be honest, its kinda unworth. You get less feathers than doing a ds and it takes 10min more at least, if your lucky with the rng on the mobs that spawn.
In order to make it more atractive, I would like to suggest to improve the feathers that are dropped, to make it at least worth like an HoH run. Im usually running with my guildies leaded be Tineetank some HoH runs on hib and in 26 min we get 13-17k feathers, depending on the bonus.
So, to make Celestius more atractive I suggest to:
1- Improve the feather´s drop to make it more worth for the players that want to farm feathers.
2- Set some nice tittles like the ds or hoh tittles
3- Improve the chance of getting the new vanity pets
Thank you.
McPadu
Sat 24 Apr 2021 10:16 AM by Uthred
1: You get about the same amount of feathers for 2/3 the amount of mobs you have to kill compared to DS/HoH.
DS: 8 trash packs & 7 bosses
Celestius: 6 trash packs & 4 bosses
As we are expecting players to find out better/faster strategies and plus the many options because of cross realm groups, we have no plans on increasing the amount of feathers nor do we think it is needed.

2: Titles will be in as announced on release of Celestius very soon.
Sat 24 Apr 2021 10:20 AM by Zik
Celestius is great, I love it!

It's true that it takes a little more time to achieve than DS and gives a little bit less feathers.
The fact that it's cross-realm is amazing but then the downside is the time it takes to build (I have to walk the 3 realms to use each specific lfg chan and gather the team on Discord before inviting group members in Celestius).

I deeply appreciate the effort the Phoenix's team put on it. Thanks a lot!
Sat 24 Apr 2021 10:32 AM by CharlieFil
Uthred wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 10:16 AM
1: You get about the same amount of feathers for 2/3 the amount of mobs you have to kill compared to DS/HoH.
As we are expecting players to find out better/faster strategies and plus the many options because of cross realm groups, we have no plans on increasing the amount of feathers nor do we think it is needed.

What about improving the chance of getting a vanity pet?
And as Zik said, we all apreciatte your effort to make this game nice.
McPadu
Mon 24 May 2021 6:43 PM by Artamentous
Uthred wrote:
Sat 24 Apr 2021 10:16 AM

When are titles coming? Leaderboard?

I've run celestius quite a few times, prob more than any one else on Alb save Zik.

The complaint is always the same, feathers not good enough. The fastest time is 24 minutes(most runs are 28-34 minutes). I'm sure the time can be shaved( with luck on bosses especially). However, it needs more people, why not give a bonus to make it worthwhile to learn for a little while to get more people interested and experienced? As it stands now there is no reason to run it when you can do DS in under 24 minutes. Only people doing Celestius are doing it because they enjoy it(not a bad thing).

The crossrealm feature is awesome but it requires time to set up. There is no way to set it up efficiently without discord. You can hop on to other teams and spam LFG but that takes time, you also to make sure the team fits with whatever is being debuffed. None of these problems exist for DS, the Meta fairly established and its easy to set up via LFG. DS also has leaderboard for speedruns, and titles.

AYou can also bomb trash in DS, which makes a big difference. That is nerfed in Celestius, so I'm not sure how much of a diff 8 trash vs six is.
Wed 26 May 2021 6:17 PM by Nephamael

Zik has put massive time into figuring out Celestius already and i doubt anyone denies his ability to find record strategies

I think a little upp on feathers (+25%-50%) would be a good motivation for people to join Celestius. - If then at any point the strategies get 2 good you could lower them again.
Wed 26 May 2021 7:07 PM by Uthred
We will rather reduce the amount of feathers in instances than increasing them.
Wed 26 May 2021 7:25 PM by Centenario
At 100runs I felt I hit a point at which its not worth my time anymore [Alb].
2p per hour is the lower limit of my farm time worth, for content that is not rare.

I'd prefer crafting/looting/trading and make less money but its more fun.
Wed 26 May 2021 8:46 PM by Uthred
Those instances were never meant to be top money/h. They were meant to be a challenge and they were meant to be new content that has never been there before. They were meant to be PvE that at least needs a little bit of gameplay, "skill" and that is not doable while being totally brain afk. As hard as it is to implement such things in Daoc. They were meant to be an options for those who are interested in 8 man PvE.

The feathers are a bonus and never were the reason to put the instances in.
Thu 27 May 2021 12:10 AM by Artamentous
Uthred wrote:
Wed 26 May 2021 8:46 PM
Those instances were never meant to be top money/h. They were meant to be a challenge and they were meant to be new content that has never been there before. They were meant to be PvE that at least needs a little bit of gameplay, "skill" and that is not doable while being totally brain afk. As hard as it is to implement such things in Daoc. They were meant to be an options for those who are interested in 8 man PvE.

I don’t wanna argue or come off like an jerk, but that makes no sense at all. The entire endgame economy of Phoenix is based on feathers. You’ve made those instances the absolute most efficient way to get feathers for experienced players. It appears your intentions and reality have seriously diverged on this.

I’ll keep doing Celestius regardless, I think it is fun and that you did a good job. I just want more people doing it. It is way better than DS, and more varied.
Sun 30 May 2021 5:52 PM by Nephamael

So your idea of top money/h is in fact brain afk (solo) farming?

I can't see a downside to PvE 8man instances generating both more fun than brain afk (solo) farming and more money/h.
If anything i would try to encourage more people to join, by reducing the minimum requirements for a smooth run a bit.

That's ofc just my humble point of view, you can do as you wish
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics