Urgent Snarenuke Fix

Started 20 Jan 2021
by Nephamael
in Ask the Team
Hey i get it, aoe snare nuke needed to snare less long in zergfights vs tanks, good fix.

BUT for any still barely viable solo caster play single target snare nuke needed to keep its duration intact.

Please restore SINGLE target snare nukes to the old duration vs DET tanks or keep the new system and increase single targets snares by 30 sec. (option2 would make them more interesting for 8v8 support kiting)

Thanks you DEVs and keep the great work up
Wed 20 Jan 2021 7:39 AM by Sepplord
ootl and can't find anything on forum or discord, what changes are you referring to?
Wed 20 Jan 2021 4:52 PM by Nephamael
ootl and can't find anything on forum or discord, what changes are you referring to?

I didn't read anything either, i might have missed it or it was a non-published change or it is actually a bug that came with the debuff/lifetap/snarenuke rework.

What happened is: the snare of both aoe snare dd and single snare dd now gets affected by Determination+Stoicism to an ammount where a solo caster can't even kite a solo tank 1v1 with snare dd, without using secondary cc.

The impact of this is great for zergfights, as a single aoe snare nuker could keep 20 tanks in check. So it is a good change for aoe snare dd that should stay exactly as it is now.
----

But ofc it kills all solo caster play (since the HP rework playing non snare kite is not possible anymore anyway, so snare kiting was what was left).

The balance was roughly: assassin kills caster, caster kills tank, tank kills assassin.
Now everyone kills caster and caster can't win a single 1vx as a visible cloth wearing solo, cause 1 det tank adding = no way you kill anything, as you can never even get away from that dettank if u use all casts on him and ignore all other adds.

(and ofc you can't kill the tank either, as you need roughly 11+2 nukes to kill tanks and he arrives after the 2nd snare dd. (300 dmg/nuke vs 3k ish HP with 1 resist and +2 for heart+pot))
Wed 20 Jan 2021 4:59 PM by gruenesschaf
There was no change to snare nukes or det, I would almost say since the switch to nf det but certainly for a year at least.
Wed 20 Jan 2021 10:27 PM by Astaa
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 4:52 PM

I didn't read anything either, i might have missed it or it was a non-published change or it is actually a bug that came with the debuff/lifetap/snarenuke rework.

What happened is: the snare of both aoe snare dd and single snare dd now gets affected by Determination+Stoicism to an ammount where a solo caster can't even kite a solo tank 1v1 with snare dd, without using secondary cc.

The impact of this is great for zergfights, as a single aoe snare nuker could keep 20 tanks in check. So it is a good change for aoe snare dd that should stay exactly as it is now.
----

But ofc it kills all solo caster play (since the HP rework playing non snare kite is not possible anymore anyway, so snare kiting was what was left).

The balance was roughly: assassin kills caster, caster kills tank, tank kills assassin.
Now everyone kills caster and caster can't win a single 1vx as a visible cloth wearing solo, cause 1 det tank adding = no way you kill anything, as you can never even get away from that dettank if u use all casts on him and ignore all other adds.

(and ofc you can't kill the tank either, as you need roughly 11+2 nukes to kill tanks and he arrives after the 2nd snare dd. (300 dmg/nuke vs 3k ish HP with 1 resist and +2 for heart+pot))

Solo tanks cant afford det and have no ranged interrupt (except for slow ass bow/xbow) if you can't kite a solo tank as a solo caster then I would suggest rerolling. Have you tried a mincer? Very easy mode. Won't ever get fixed.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:08 PM by Nephamael
There was no change to snare nukes or det, I would almost say since the switch to nf det but certainly for a year at least.

I am not crazy, i played solo eld continuously for a month or so every day and suddenly the snare was 1/4 of the duration or even less on det tanks.

You can't even kite a det skald anymore (those dont even have stoicism).

If this was not intended then it is a bug, test it @gruenesschaf youll see what i mean.

It most likely happened with the debuff rework patch - snares had their resistrate reduced like lifetap - there the duration reduction by determination must have been accidentally patched in.

I actually personally like the idea to keep aoesnares at a lower duration tho. you could simply upp single snare nuke to 60s to keep the aoe snares short.
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:10 PM by Nephamael
Solo tanks cant afford det and have no ranged interrupt

Most solo tanks play det9 as it helps vs minsts and adds.

All solo skalds play det9.

If this doesn't get fixed all solo casters are out. Welcome to assassin vs tank only.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:10 AM by evert
Nephamael wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:10 PM

If this doesn't get fixed all solo casters are out. Welcome to assassin vs tank only.

You must be fighting some weird soloers! I don’t know any solo skalds with det, and tanks it’s maybe 50/50, the serious soloers don’t have det for sure.
Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:40 AM by Catkain
I am possibly the exception to the rule here as i have 0det on my main. I did make a few other skalds (7) and one of them is solo and specced det. Det9 however is not something i wish to test as i see it as completely wasted on a non-stoicism toon under rr13.

Nephamael wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:10 PM

Fri 22 Jan 2021 6:48 AM by Sepplord
Nephamael wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:08 PM
I actually personally like the idea to keep aoesnares at a lower duration tho. you could simply upp single snare nuke to 60s to keep the aoe snares short.

That simple change would make the snare too long on all non-det characters though...it isn't as easy as that

And i agree with the others, that det9 isn't a staple must have RA on solo-skalds, or solo-tanks in general. In solo it really mostly helps against a minstrel....but not to the degree. And the once in a million incs a hib-casterstun. 22points is cheap for Det9, but still a big investment
Fri 22 Jan 2021 8:17 AM by Saroi
Nephamael wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 9:08 PM

I am not crazy, i played solo eld continuously for a month or so every day and suddenly the snare was 1/4 of the duration or even less on det tanks.

I tempted my Pala a few weeks ago(Before the debuff change like you wrote) and had a a Sorc put all kinds of cc on me to test how it works with the chants, Det and chants+det.

And I can say that Det lowered the duration of the snare nuke too. So this is not something in recently.

Like some already said solo skalds/tanks don't spec into det, unless they are maybe rr10 and already have the core ra's like ip/moparry/block etc. but even then nobody really goes det9. I think more that this time you just encountered a tank that actually had det9 the first time.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 8:16 PM by Nephamael
And i agree with the others, that det9 isn't a staple must have RA on solo-skalds, or solo-tanks in general. In solo it really mostly helps against a minstrel....but not to the degree. And the once in a million incs a hib-casterstun. 22points is cheap for Det9, but still a big investment

What you good people say might be true for NA solos, it is not for EU solos.

If i solo on Mid or Alb i need det9 vs the hib caster stun, simply to be able to finish a target with the mandatory add, without purge.

If i solo on Hib or Mid i need it vs the mandatory minstrel add for the same reason.

And i need it in 1vx for the same reason, and as a EU solo 1vx is the 9 out of 10 and not 1v1.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 8:20 PM by Nephamael
And I can say that Det lowered the duration of the snare nuke too. So this is not something in recently.

It is not something new, it just has double or 3ple or so reduction now.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 8:22 PM by Nephamael
That simple change would make the snare too long on all non-det characters though...it isn't as easy as that

I disagree, it would make it an interesting cc in 8v8 - a snare nuke is fading at the end of it, making it much shorter than a root, but without immunity, like a melee snare. And its just 40% snare unlike a melee snare at 60%.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics