Will the website stay up?

Started 18 Aug 2021
by joshisanonymous
in Ask the Team
The server is going down, but does that mean everything attached to the server? It could prove useful to archive the website instead of taking it down, assuming the costs are not great. People have posted great info over the years, your patch notes could be useful for other developers, and it'd be nice to be able to have the herald around still.
Wed 18 Aug 2021 6:52 PM by Uthred
Server and Herald will be shut down. Website, Charplan, Forum and Discord will stay.
Thu 19 Aug 2021 12:27 PM by Nunki
Uthred wrote:
Wed 18 Aug 2021 6:52 PM
Server and Herald will be shut down. Website, Charplan, Forum and Discord will stay.

I don't know if you already discussed the theoretical possibility.

But in case that you will reroll a new server in the far future, would it be possible to get informed via E-Mail?
Some sort of newsletter would be amazing.

I respect your recent decision, but I would love to hop on Phoenix 2.0 in 2025 or so.

Thanks
Fri 20 Aug 2021 3:04 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I'm betting they roll out a new version with all the changes they wanted to implement here but which received a huge backlash, as the starting configuration of the server.

I hope it will be early next year, but it will probably be in the fall if I had to guess.

Thu 26 Aug 2021 5:14 PM by Warjon
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 20 Aug 2021 3:04 AM
I'm betting they roll out a new version with all the changes they wanted to implement here but which received a huge backlash, as the starting configuration of the server.

I hope it will be early next year, but it will probably be in the fall if I had to guess.

i sure hope so. These guys have skillz! Not sure any of the other servers can match them.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics