Sioned 2 - Scout

Started 24 May 2021
by Kyuss25
in Videos
Put together some fights of my rr9 Scout last week.
There is some sloppy gameplay in there - some intentional, some not so much
Hope you will enjoy.

https://youtu.be/b6_xkZE2vFA
Mon 24 May 2021 3:10 PM by Magesty
Nice video. You’re really getting the most out of the class.
Mon 24 May 2021 8:52 PM by inoeth
feels bad to watch this, scout need to use ip, purge, FA and heal pots/charge on nearly every rr4+ enemy.
props to your stuborn will to continue on this class.

i gave up on it....

on live melee scouts really were a thing back in the day but here they are just abyssmally bad ;(

still good fights though
Mon 24 May 2021 11:23 PM by hachetay
Magesty wrote:
Mon 24 May 2021 3:10 PM
Nice video. You’re really getting the most out of the class.

Totally agree, nice video.

But indeed without IP Purge etc almost all fights it’s practically impossible to win for a scout.

Can you detail your spec and RA ? I don’t think you mentioned it in the video. You use only a proc dot bow ?

Other not entirely related question but does the dot break the root of the scout ( stop) I m not entirely sure and always afraid to use the dot bow…
Tue 25 May 2021 11:17 AM by Kyuss25
Many thanks for your comments.

You see my spec quite at the end, it is:
43 bow
33 slash
45 shield
31 stealth

I am playing around with my RAs a bit every few weeks. At the moment I am running:
Purge2
IP5
FA1
EM1
MoB 6
Toughness5
Quick5
MoArchery2
MoArms2
Const1

Played Scout on live until 2007 and never had ip5, but with the current state of the game on Phoenix I am not thinking about less than 5 anymore.
Too often it is all about to stay alive until you can land another slam. Maybe with the style review things change slightly (or massively^^) and it is worth speccing higher in melee.
But until now I saw no reason to spec higher in slash than 52 comp.
Balance-wise I feel it is absolutely ok that an archer needs purge/ip to beat a high rr sins - but yes, it is really frustrating when you need it also against low rr.

I am only using a DoT proc bow, but also have DoT procs on shield and sidi weapon (which I both swap).
It's nice when sidi and crafted go off nearly at the same time, the downside is it breaks the root.
So I have to time the use of the rootstyle (if needed) against my proc luck.
Tue 25 May 2021 12:24 PM by Tashkent
Nice video.
Tue 25 May 2021 4:09 PM by inoeth
your name is kind of familiar to me... have you played on lyonesse before?
i pretty much remember how OP melee scouts had been back in the day with block rates going through the roof somehow
Tue 25 May 2021 6:15 PM by Kyuss25
Yes, been slaughtered by Exercia many times - so I am used to suffer^^
Would not say melee scout was OP, but significantly better than here. With 39 slash and malice axt quite often i did not bother to swap to bow after slam
Forgive me but your names don't sound familiar to me from Lyonesse - have you had other stealther char names?
Wed 26 May 2021 4:51 PM by inoeth
Kyuss25 wrote:
Tue 25 May 2021 6:15 PM
Would not say melee scout was OP, but significantly better than here. With 39 slash and malice axt quite often i did not bother to swap to bow after slam
Forgive me but your names don't sound familiar to me from Lyonesse - have you had other stealther char names?

yes i was the frostalf hunter inokatana
Wed 26 May 2021 6:38 PM by Kyuss25
Ah, that sounds familiar...had some good fights : )
Mon 14 Jun 2021 12:14 PM by Turano
Kyuss25 wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't say that meele scout was OP either, at least not solo.
You could maybe tank better than hunter and ranger but the damage output was abysmal even with 50 slash

In stealther groups alb always had an edge with guard, slam and minstrels mezz & stun.

Exercia has always been a tough nut to crack. He was one of the first buffbot users on Lyonesse but even after everyone ran around full buffed he was always a challenge
Tue 15 Jun 2021 5:58 AM by Centenario
Would be nice if you could contribute to the scout part of the style overhaul.
Also maybe once the styles are released, try to make some new fights, and analyze which style of yourself or of opponent needs to be tweaked.
Tue 15 Jun 2021 9:32 AM by inoeth
Turano wrote:
Mon 14 Jun 2021 12:14 PM
Kyuss25 wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't say that meele scout was OP either, at least not solo.
You could maybe tank better than hunter and ranger but the damage output was abysmal even with 50 slash

In stealther groups alb always had an edge with guard, slam and minstrels mezz & stun.

Exercia has always been a tough nut to crack. He was one of the first buffbot users on Lyonesse but even after everyone ran around full buffed he was always a challenge

with toa (c4, legend weapons, battler debuff) and new RA (PD+MoB, block cap was 75% back then) scout were really fkn strong
Tue 15 Jun 2021 4:23 PM by Turano
inoeth wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 9:32 AM
with toa (c4, legend weapons, battler debuff) and new RA (PD+MoB, block cap was 75% back then) scout were really fkn strong
Well I didn't play too much more after NF, at least not on my Infil.
Played a Ranger after the meele nerfs to about RR7 with NF before quitting for good, can't remember Scouts being any kind of danger in meele though

After all they were and always have been a one trick pony with slam. In that regard NF was bad for Scouts. With the new RA's Purge was just too often ready to use, even if cooldown camping was not as common as it seems to be today
Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:58 PM by inoeth
Turano wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 4:23 PM
inoeth wrote:
Tue 15 Jun 2021 9:32 AM
Well I didn't play too much more after NF, at least not on my Infil.
Played a Ranger after the meele nerfs to about RR7 with NF before quitting for good, can't remember Scouts being any kind of danger in meele though

After all they were and always have been a one trick pony with slam. In that regard NF was bad for Scouts. With the new RA's Purge was just too often ready to use, even if cooldown camping was not as common as it seems to be today

engage (99% block) - wait till timer is over - reslam
or just simply melee enemies down... as said scouts were strong! good thing was that not many ppl realized that ;D
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics