Friar Procdamage scaling is 100% str instead of dex .

Started 18 Jun 2021 by
averok83
in Open Issues

Issue Timeline

averok83 created this issue Fri 18 Jun 2021 1:28 PM
gruenesschaf reviewed this issue Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:55 PM
gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Fri 25 Jun 2021 7:55 PM
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:00 PM by Blitze
#164580
Staff has nothing to do with Str.

So Why have procs of Str.
why not empathy or Cha or int?
If it makes no sense, Let’s have it completely weird!
I reckon 50/50 Charisma/empathy would be just as sensible.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:06 PM by Renork
#164581
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:42 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17 PM
Why are people even arguing this? We all know strength does nothing for a friar, so the DD should not scale with it. Valewalker benefits from strength, reavers benefit from str/dex, thanes benefit from str. Too many old biased people playing this game.

Ohh wow.. now friars benefit from str cool!

Just like VW benefit from dex and thane benefit from dex.. I request VW/thane cast speed be moved to str, because that's the logic I see in how a game works!
Dex allows vdubs to cast their LT faster and has a defensive role, thane also gets this offensive and defensive benefit from dex…strength has zero effect on the friar abilities other than the dd proc scaling. If you are going to try to build an argument, try using direct comparisons? If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals, but strength does not increase WS/penetration, defense or anything, so trying to use those two classes as your baseline comparison is quite the reach, lol. I think you need to sit back and understand the definition of “logic” before you use it so nonchalantly.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:18 PM by gromet12
#164582
If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals,

Piety does not increase heals, it increases power pool to cast more heals but not the value of the heal
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:22 PM by Renork
#164583
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:18 PM
If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals,

Piety does not increase heals, it increases power pool to cast more heals but not the value of the heal
So have it scale with piety? It sounds like that would be fine with you since you specifically picked that sentence and disregarded the rest? Right? Also, does having a bigger power pool not increase heals? If you strawman, you need to do it properly my dear.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:48 PM by keen
#164585
After all this discussion, did someone actually log in on live and test if it's Dex or str based?
Sun 27 Jun 2021 5:16 PM by Bradekes
#164588
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:06 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:42 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17 PM
Why are people even arguing this? We all know strength does nothing for a friar, so the DD should not scale with it. Valewalker benefits from strength, reavers benefit from str/dex, thanes benefit from str. Too many old biased people playing this game.

Ohh wow.. now friars benefit from str cool!

Just like VW benefit from dex and thane benefit from dex.. I request VW/thane cast speed be moved to str, because that's the logic I see in how a game works!
Dex allows vdubs to cast their LT faster and has a defensive role, thane also gets this offensive and defensive benefit from dex…strength has zero effect on the friar abilities other than the dd proc scaling. If you are going to try to build an argument, try using direct comparisons? If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals, but strength does not increase WS/penetration, defense or anything, so trying to use those two classes as your baseline comparison is quite the reach, lol. I think you need to sit back and understand the definition of “logic” before you use it so nonchalantly.

And str helps friars style proc dmg. You're putting too much utility on one stat for friars bro.. it's either the same for every proc class - put it on acuity or put it on str. No special treatment for friars just because you feel like they need to be special.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 6:42 PM by Renork
#164589
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 5:16 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 4:06 PM
Bradekes wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:42 PM
Renork wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 3:17 PM
Why are people even arguing this? We all know strength does nothing for a friar, so the DD should not scale with it. Valewalker benefits from strength, reavers benefit from str/dex, thanes benefit from str. Too many old biased people playing this game.

Ohh wow.. now friars benefit from str cool!

Just like VW benefit from dex and thane benefit from dex.. I request VW/thane cast speed be moved to str, because that's the logic I see in how a game works!
Dex allows vdubs to cast their LT faster and has a defensive role, thane also gets this offensive and defensive benefit from dex…strength has zero effect on the friar abilities other than the dd proc scaling. If you are going to try to build an argument, try using direct comparisons? If it scaled with piety, then that would be a different story since that does increase heals, but strength does not increase WS/penetration, defense or anything, so trying to use those two classes as your baseline comparison is quite the reach, lol. I think you need to sit back and understand the definition of “logic” before you use it so nonchalantly.

And str helps friars style proc dmg. You're putting too much utility on one stat for friars bro.. it's either the same for every proc class - put it on acuity or put it on str. No special treatment for friars just because you feel like they need to be special.
So, you basically have no argument other than you getting whopped by friars, ok bro. Next.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 6:53 PM by labra
#164590
I suggest revamping all procs and make them scale with points invested in weapon line.
Sun 27 Jun 2021 7:12 PM by Renork
#164592
labra wrote:
Sun 27 Jun 2021 6:53 PM
I suggest revamping all procs and make them scale with points invested is weapon line.
i like this.
Tue 20 Jul 2021 9:49 AM by Magantus
#165393
friar is now more gimped then before. please revert the changes or make it useful.
thanks

Return to Open Issues or the latest topics