Mobs aren't regening health after killing you

Started 8 Feb 2021
by joshisanonymous
in Open Issues

Issue Timeline

joshisanonymous created this issue Mon 8 Feb 2021 11:05 PM
gruenesschaf reviewed this issue Sun 28 Mar 2021 6:28 AM
gruenesschaf changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Sun 28 Mar 2021 6:29 AM
Mon 8 Feb 2021 11:05 PM by joshisanonymous
I was in Mid doing the mount quest and went to kill venomous spiders in Vanern Swamp. I got one spider to about 50% before I died. I went and did some other quest, then came back to Vanern Swamp to finish with the spiders possibly an hour or more later, and when I got to the same spider, it was still at 50%. After standing in the area near it with it targeted, though, its health finally started to regenerate.

This happened to me with another mob on the same day, though I forget which one it was.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll/SM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD
Tue 9 Feb 2021 5:50 AM by Astaa
I think this is probably because nobody else has seen it. The old 'does a mob gain health if nobody is there to see it' quantum theory question.

Obviously the answer is no
Tue 9 Feb 2021 8:23 AM by gotwqqd
Astaa wrote:
Tue 9 Feb 2021 5:50 AM
I think this is probably because nobody else has seen it. The old 'does a mob gain health if nobody is there to see it' quantum theory question.

Obviously the answer is no
It’s a Skinner Swamp
Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:13 PM by joshisanonymous
I encountered this again in DF last night. I was farming drinkers and another player was farming molochs next to me. They got one to about 50% health when they died. I clicked on the mob a bit later and found that it was still at 50% health.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll/SM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD

Return to Open Issues or the latest topics